1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Blackened Skies

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Nuka-sama, Jan 31, 2016.

1. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

To: British Empire

We will not bother replying to your insults. We will just advice you to change your ambassador to Russia with one that can actually keep his cool and not violate diplomatic protocol.

Russia has no intention of threatening British assets in China and as long as Britain does not actively assist the Han Republic. You will have to clarify the stance of your soldiers: will they just protect assets or help the Han army fight Russia and Zhao? If it is the first, then we can assure you that British assets will not be threatened. If it is the second, then you are declaring war on us.

2. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Moderator

idk man they basically just called russia a fake empire

3. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Grantaire

India confirms it will be officially joining in the European War, we will also be looking to defend our interests in East Asia if necessary.

4. J.K. Stockholme

J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

As a point on nomenclature, "Proletarian Commonwealth" isn't an in-game thing. The Fraternal Alliance is totally a thing though - I would suggest using that name over Proletarian Commonwealth. Secondary note: the Ruhr is a Collective Republic, not a Collectivist Republic - I've been meaning to point that out for a little while :p

5. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama :)

Done

Also, I will be playing as the United Kingdom for one more turn. Ophorian will soon return to action
    -----

Korea mobilizes to 70%

6. christos200

The Russian Times

Daily Russian Newspaper

New Foreign Minister

- Dimitrios Gounaris

Lord-Regent Gerlach Trautmann has appointed a new Foreign Minister. The new Foreign Minister is Dimitrios Gounaris. As his name suggests, he is of Greek descend; his ancestors were Greek Phanariotes who came to Russia in the late 18th century. The new Foreign Minister is a well educated man who has studied abroad in both the United Kingdom and the United States. He has degrees in philosophy and has written books on Epicureanism, the philosophy of Epicurus. Gounaris is also a poet and has published two poetic collections; 'The two Beauties', in which he vividly describes and praises nature's beauty and the beauty of women (thus the title 'two beauties' - nature and women), and 'Past Memories', which contains supernatural poems that describe nightmarish situations and are melancholic. He has also written a short novel titled 'Drunken' in which he describes how alcohol can make you forget all the sadness and misery in the world; the protagonist of the novel, Vladimir, is poor worker who has been abandoned by his wife and been cheated by his best friends. The novel describes his visits in taverns and how he constantly gets drunk in order to forget all his misfortunes.

Gounaris, in his early forties, has not married and lives an almost ascetic life, focused entirely on his literature and philosophical writings. The fact that the woman he loved married a Prince instead of him may have played a role in his way of life. He also did not have much interest in politics and had previously declined appointments in public office, although his family had a tradition of serving the Tsars and his brother was Minister of Public Projects. However, he has been for years a close friend of Lord-Regent Gerlach Trautmann and when his friend asked him to take the office of Foreign Minister at a critical moment for the Empire, he accepted. Gounaris' first task would be to handle the 'British Crisis' and the situation in China, a potentially dangerous situation for the Russian Empire.

"I will do my best to normalize relations with the British Empire", he said, "and assure them that the Russian invasion of the Han Republic does not threaten their assets. In fact, it is the unstable Han regime which threatens their assets. A stable Zhao Empire which will be sole ruler of China will better ensure stability and protect British interests in the Far East."

He also declared his objections to the British invasion of Germany. "It is indeed true that a German takeover of all of Europe would be bad but a military invasion is not the answer. It will only lead to more deaths and misery and will destabilize the area. Russia, as such, cannot support British actions. There is a need for a conference which will solve the European problem peacefully and will restore stability in the area. We offer to hold such a summit in St. Petersburg."

He also acknowledged that "Russia has been at war for far too long and needs peace in order for it to be reconstructed and for the lives of all the subjects of the Tsar to improve. After we have defeated the unstable and hostile to us Han Republic, thus reclaiming our Empire's lost honor, Russia should become a paragon of peace and stability and stop its expansion. We already have all the land we need. It is time for what I call a 'New Policy'. We should look towards economic and not territorial expansion from now on."

As for his relation to George Chicherin he stated: "I respect him and his ideas do have a lot of merit. We may have some ideological disagreements but we shall work together in harmony. I can certainly say that I support his commitment to Russia's traditional values."

7. Nuka-sama

Immaculate is confirmed as JNF, welcome back old friend :)

8. Nuka-sama

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland wishes to clarify its position in regards to China. The United Kingdom has significant financial assets in the Han Republic of China and will be looking to protect said assets.

That being said, we are uninterested in fighting a war with Russia or the Zhao, and will not be intervening in the political conflict, and will instead remain neutral. We apologize for any confusion.

-Oliver North, Chancellor of the United Kingdom

9. christos200

The Russian Empire is glad that the British Empire clarified its intentions and is pleased to announce that as such Russian and British relations have returned back to normalcy.

- Dimitrios Gounaris, Foreign Minister of the Russian Empire

10. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

Considering that the Russian Empire and the United Kingdom has made peace, which was apparently a misunderstanding, Nikolaos Plastiras, leader of the Greek Resistance, decides to make peace with the UK as well.

good thing, too. we didn't want to fight the UK.

11. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Just a passenger

So I've apparently been drafted in as Imperial Mexico?

Just putting my foot in the door for now, I'll read and do the proper things tomorrow.

12. Nuka-sama

Welcome aboard :)

As a reminder all, orders are going to be due this Friday!

13. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

what can i do for my orders?

14. Nuka-sama

Sent you a PM :)

15. jackelgull

jackelgull An aberration of nature

Since I don't see any kind of free India movement in the stats, can I assume the mantle of New England?

East coast best coast.

16. Nuka-sama

Sure :) Are you prepared to rejoin at this time?

17. jackelgull

jackelgull An aberration of nature

Yeah Ramadan has been over for almost two weeks now.

18. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

New England we need to talk. Find me on Discord chat when you can.

19. Ahigin

Ahigin Emperor

As a sign of their mutual dedication to preserving world peace in this turbulent times, the German Union and the United States of America are proud to announce that a peace settlement has been reached in the recent Spanish-Portuguese conflict.

Treaty of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, 1938:

1. Spain will release Portugal back as an independent state within its pre-war borders;

2. A new regime (with pro-American diplomatic leaning, if so desired) will be free to be established in Portugal, replacing the old monarchy and shaping itself internally without interference from Spain and France;

3. Spain will pay 30 EP in reparations, compensating the loss of life, infrastructure, and equipment for the opposite side;

4. A demilitarized zone will be established along the Spanish-Portuguese border, 20 km. deep in both directions. German and American unarmed observers will be allowed to establish missions within the DMZ to enforce the regime of demilitarization. Villages and towns located within the DMZ will still be following the laws of their respective countries, but their local police will be banned from carrying firearms;

5. Mutual exchange of POW will take place between all participants of the conflict: the USA, Portugal, Spain, and France;

6. Outside the DMZ, the newly established Portuguese government will be allowed to provide American troops, air force, and navy with the right of passage and/or basing rights.

20. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

The terms are agreeable to the Spanish Republic. Let it be known that justice have been delivered to the Portuguese Monarchy, and hopefully those who replace this fallen government will prove much more interested in peace.