1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Marble V3.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by ColdFever, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ggganz

ggganz a.k.a. The Scyphozoa

The "leaderheads" option changes their skin color a little and changes the background of their buttons.

2. (Alexandros)

(Alexandros) Pantamonium

As I am using the greek edition of Windows XP, I have the same problem as Geo74 (see the first page of this thread). Is there no way to bypass the "special characters in the My Documents folder" problem? Mind you, even if I was willing to do it, the folder does not permit itself to be renamed! It is such a shame not to be able to use this beautiful mod just because of a directory problem!! :(

EDIT: Nevermind, I did manage to rename the folder and now the mod works fine, though I dread the consequences this will have in existing (and possibly future) programmes. Already I have encountered "not found" messages, though a simple re-directing has solved those. I just hope it doesn't go any deeper than that!

3. manooly

manooly Chieftain

I have a lower end graphics card (64MB) in my laptop that just barely runs Civ4 ok. Will Blue Marble slow it down even more or do you think I'll be ok installing this? Just curious.

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

4. ggganz

Click the "install low-res" button. ;)

5. ggganz

Well, I'm sorry to say this, but I think the original graphics ARE better. Even though they're cartoonish, they still make it a lot easier to distinguish different terrain types. Also, forests look more 3-D with the original.
    Sorry Kai. :(

6. Abaddon

Abaddon Chieftain

This looks VERY cool indeed.

7. manooly

manooly Chieftain

If I use the CivScaler tool to shrink the size of almost everything and get rid of cloud cover should I see an overall increase in performance on my system?

I've got a somewhat lower end system and I'm looking for anything to help in overall performance so I'm not so laggy/choppy.

Thanks!

- manooly

8. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

No and Yes. The selected scale (size) of things does not matter for performance, but removing the cloud cover via CivScale should help the performance a bit. I also recommend installing the low res version of Blue Marble on weaker systems, because this can also somewhat help in some cases.

9. JohnnyBeGood

JohnnyBeGood Chieftain

Is there a different link?

10. Socratatus

Socratatus Chieftain

Hello. i`m trying to re D\L this but the non-German link is broken. is there another working link?

11. JohnnyBeGood

JohnnyBeGood Chieftain

I just D/Led it.:)

12. Socratatus

Socratatus Chieftain

Yea, it`s working now. :)

13. Emperor Giulio

Emperor Giulio Chieftain

The graphics are beautiful!

Also the scale tool is awesome; I shrunk the units a bit. The enormous units always kind of bugged me.

:goodjob: 10 fold!

14. Socratatus

Socratatus Chieftain

hmmm... scale tool. I didn`t see any scale tool. *Runs back to recheck Mod*

15. Emperor Giulio

Emperor Giulio Chieftain

16. manooly

manooly Chieftain

Are the blue Marble Low Res graphics "easier" on my system as compared to the default terain?

17. PiTiFUL

PiTiFUL Chieftain

Just got BtS and installed the new BM, great additions, can not imagine playing civ without this. I do however have one problem, I do not like the new background screen, the one with the clouds and the sun, that shows up in my adviser windows. Could you please point me to the file so I can change it back.

18. ggganz

I think installing Low Res is the equivalent of checking "Low Resolution Textures" or maybe unchecking "High Detail Terrain" or something like that. Apparantly these options choose which of the normal files to load but with Blue Marble installed they have no effect.
    When you run the Blue Marble program, there are 4 checkboxes at the top. Uncheck "Backgrounds".

19. PiTiFUL

PiTiFUL Chieftain

But I like the rest of them, I just want to get rid of the one on my adviser screen.

20. Azazell

Azazell Chieftain

How to change water (ocean) to the original "blue" color ?