Blue Marble V3.0

I dont understand all of the civscale options. What are the recommended settings for very low end computers? I get about 25 fps zoomed all the way in, but only 10 when i am zoomed out.

I've got a slight problem here with Blue Marble 3.0. When I install it, the backgrounds on any of the non-vanilla civ4 leaderhead buttons are missing. The attached screenshot should explain what I'm experiencing. Any one else seen this issue?

Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG

Cheers,
ripple01

I dont understand all of the civscale options. What are the recommended settings for very low end computers? I get about 25 fps zoomed all the way in, but only 10 when i am zoomed out.
There is no "low end" recommendation for CivScale. The adjustable graphical settings here just change the scaling (appearance) of things, not the performance. The only thing thing that might help you a bit is setting "CloudStrength" to 0, disabling the cloud layer.

It is logical to get a slower performance the higher you zoom out and the more things the computer has to calculate for display. To minimize the graphical details for low end computers, please open Civ4's graphical options and set the settings to "low".

The backgrounds on any of the leaderhead buttons are missing.
This indeed is a feature. If undesired, you can deselect any leaderhead adjustments during the BM installation via deselecting the "Leaderheads" checkbox.

NikNaks is correct. By default BM optionally replaces all leaderheads with refined heads. But I can only test BM with the regular CD/DVD versions of Civ4. I cannot test BM with other releases, like online distributable versions (featuring different installation schemes) or with modded versions, sorry.

I have a problem. I have vanilla Civ4 and Civ4 complete(Civ4, Warlords and BTS on one DVD) installed on my system. When I install it it installs on the Vanilla Civ4 (My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 and Program Files/Firaxis) instead of the Civ4 Complete (My Games/Civilization 4 Complete and Program Files/2k game). Is it just a matter of dragging and dropping the changed files to fix this?

Just wanted to put my love out to one of my favorite mods, thanks you guys! I'll check back for updates! :goodjob:

I have a problem. I have vanilla Civ4 and Civ4 complete(Civ4, Warlords and BTS on one DVD) installed on my system. When I install it it installs on the Vanilla Civ4 (My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 and Program Files/Firaxis) instead of the Civ4 Complete (My Games/Civilization 4 Complete and Program Files/2k game).
The reason for this is that the BtS installer searches for one thing first, in this case it is Civ4:Vanilla. While I would suggest deinstalling Civ4:Vanilla and giving it as a gift to a good friend, because Civ4:Complete is enough, if you still want to keep Civ4:Vanilla there is a simple solution: just copy the BtS installer into the program (Civ4 root) directory of Civ4:Complete and start it from there. If the BtS installer finds a Civilization4.exe in the directory it is running, it uses this directory as base directory, using Civ4:Complete in your case.

Just recently bough Civ Complete.
Whenever I try to install this mod I get " Sorry , Civilization IV installation not foiund , do you want to search for it ?
I tried and setted the prog in both my main civ4 map and the bts map but to no avail .

I did a clean reinstall and got the same thing , any others have had this problem?

The reason for this is that the BtS installer searches for one thing first, in this case it is Civ4:Vanilla. While I would suggest deinstalling Civ4:Vanilla and giving it as a gift to a good friend, because Civ4:Complete is enough, if you still want to keep Civ4:Vanilla there is a simple solution: just copy the BtS installer into the program (Civ4 root) directory of Civ4:Complete and start it from there. If the BtS installer finds a Civilization4.exe in the directory it is running, it uses this directory as base directory, using Civ4:Complete in your case.

Just recently bough Civ Complete.
Whenever I try to install this mod I get " Sorry , Civilization IV installation not foiund , do you want to search for it ?
I tried and setted the prog in both my main civ4 map and the bts map but to no avail .

I did a clean reinstall and got the same thing , any others have had this problem?

Your Civ4 Directory for civ4 Complete is C:/Program Files/2k Games/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Complete/

That's assuming your using WinXP

Why is the BlueMarble Theme (the lighter "Aqua" color) not transparent?
EDIT: Nevermind. Why does BlueMarble or CivScale make it non-transparent no matter what color you choose?
EDIT2: Oh, didn't see the transparency bar. :suicide:

why i open the screens up they all have the clouds as a back ground.
Yes, this is how the advisor screens look with Blue Marble installed: the leaderheads buttons have a transparent background, so the Blue Marble cloud background screen shines through. If another background screen is used, like the default background, this will shine through.

Top Bottom