1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Marble V3.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by ColdFever, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Dragros

Dragros Chieftain

What settings do i use if I want the Earth map?

2. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

Blue Marble only modifies graphics, not maps. To play an Earth map you should look for "Earth" maps in the SinglePlayer-Scenario section of Civ4.

3. Armandeus

Armandeus Chieftain

I like the leaderhead 3D skin changes, but I don't like the leaderhead buttons with the transparent backgrounds (because for some reason, only half of the leaderhead buttons become transparent, but anyway).
    I've been looking all over for the file to delete but cannot find it. Please tell me where the file that makes the leaderhead buttons have transparent backgrounds is so I can delete it manually. Thanks.

4. Canadiansnow

Canadiansnow Chieftain

I'm a 'newbie ' and can't figure out where to extract Bluemarble to. I own the Civ4 Gold version.Any help would be greatly appreciated as it looks really cool. Cheers.

5. psob2

psob2 Chieftain

put the CivBlueMarble.exe file here

C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold - the same folder that Civilization4.exe is in.

then clic on CivBlueMarble.exe and it should work. at least that's what worked for me

6. Cuteunit

Cuteunit Danse Macabre

After installing this, I often get "failed to uncompress save data" when loading multiplayer saves of my own or joining saved games of a remote host, on civ bts 3.13

why? There were no problems before this. :(

7. Canadiansnow

Canadiansnow Chieftain

I get as far asC;\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold but then get lost as to where to go next. Do I place it in assets, maps I have no idea. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

8. psob2

psob2 Chieftain

you don't go anyplace next. what worked for me was to put the CivBlueMarble.exe in the main folder. the 'Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold' folder, the same folder that has Civilization4.exe. not any of the subfolders. if you got to the 'Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold' folder, thats where to put it

9. Canadiansnow

Canadiansnow Chieftain

Thanks large for all the help. While I wasnt able to extract it into Civ4 - kept getting an error message stating WinRAR couldnt create CivBlueMarble.exe I was able to send it to desktop and drag it into Civ4. Everything went smooth Thanks again!

10. Everest

Everest Chieftain

I'm sure this has come up previously, but I can't find an answer:

I find it very difficult to see railroad tiles in the modern era. With my settings (low quality, 1024x768) they look like modern era roads. How can I change that?

Thanks in advance, great job, great mod!

11. psob2

psob2 Chieftain

see post #142 about which blue marble file to remove to get the default railroads back

12. reknaw

reknaw the Hopeless

Will the file on the DE mirror work in the EN version of the game? I only ask because the CFC link is throwing a "Bandwidth Exceeded" error.

On a side note, I love this mod and can't imagine playing without it anymore. I just had a PC upgrade and reinstalled BtS and the standard terrain is just too unattractive! :p

EDIT: I downloaded it to see, figuring worst case I have to delete my CustomAssets folder. If anyone else is wondering, the file on the DE server works for the EN version.

13. CyberTyrant

CyberTyrant Chieftain

Oh, man. I need to download this again and can't. :(

I get the "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded" page.

Anyone got an alternate download anywhere?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it.

14. civhelp121

civhelp121 Chieftain

I can't figure out how to download it. On the download website I click where it says download and on the larger size one, what opens up is another window that is white plus a box that asks me to open or save the file. When I press save it saves this thing to the patch section, and says it is done. I don't get what the first post says I should get in that I don't get that option window

15. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

After you downloaded ("saved") the zip file to your HardDisk, open it and extract the enclosed exe (installation) program. Run this installation program and it will offer different install/uninstall options (high-res, low-res etc.).

16. schlalex

schlalex Chieftain

After installing the 3.17 Patch, i dont have the *Blue Marble Option* when using custom Game. Fortunately, there is still the Blue Marble Terrain ingame. anyone knows why its like that?

17. Poppis

Poppis Chieftain

Quick question. I still have version 3.13(plus unofficial patch) and Blue Marble installed. Do I have to unistall Blue Marble before getting 3.17 or not?

18. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

I'm getting the old roads graph in modern era in BtS 3.17 . Do you think that is BlueMarble Related?.....

19. MqsTout

MqsTout Chieftain

Why aren't there other map graphics mods? Artistic style ones, like the watercolor or hand drawn or parchment map?

20. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

Blue Marble does almost no changes to the Civ4 installation directory, most of the mod installs in the user data area, so patching the game should not change much for Blue Marble users.

No, Blue Marble should not be affected by patch 3.17.

No, Blue Marble does not change the asphalt road graphics.

Probably because modding the Civ4 graphics as a whole is extremely complex and time consuming.