BNW patch en route

Is this a change in the patch? The Statue doesn't need Honor in order to build it - I rarely take Honor but always have the option to build the Statue.

It is the only Wonder that doesn't produce Great Person points of any kind, however. It would be nice if that was fixed.

Probably BNW related. Remember the content came down together with the patch.

Is this a change in the patch? The Statue doesn't need Honor in order to build it - I rarely take Honor but always have the option to build the Statue.

It is the only Wonder that doesn't produce Great Person points of any kind, however. It would be nice if that was fixed.

It's not the only one. I don't remember them all, but I just choose not to build Terracotta Army because it doesn't give GP points either.

It will require honor in BNW. It sounds like some changes were made to the main game that shouldn't have, probably just text changes.

Yeah, I've started a new game on my usual level and either it's coincidence or they are playing better. While my score doesn't show it yet and I'm not under attack, it feels like I'd have no chance if that happened. I am literally surrounded by a massive Roman Empire and don't have nearly enough troops.

I think the AI changes have succeeded in pushing me down a difficulty level - now got stamped for the second time on Immortal post-patch, of two games. Hiawatha this time (so, again, an AI playing to type, but doing so very much more effectively).

In this game, at least when in forest, barbarians seemed to actively avoid attacking over rivers if they could go round - this is a nice change that's been needed since day 1.

There's a few bugs. Leaders can ask for something and may not have the tech for it, therefore they'll say what they want but in the trade box it's empty. I also accidentally did a research agreement with Maria T and we don't even share embassies and aren't friends.

Edit: I did have a Dec of friendship with her, so ignore that part. The leaders still do ask for things when nothing shows in the boxes though.

Is there a way to roll back to the old graphics?(roads/railroads/forest/jungle),maybe can someone make a mod? i just find the new ones to colorful for my test

There's something odd, some sounds doesn't seem to be fully working... At least not always. For example, the sound that the Notification from A Unit was Killed doesn't seem to be working.

Booted up CiV for the first time in a while since I was getting excited for BNW and to my surprise I see a patch. Looks like lots of amazing changes, too! Glad to see Firaxis has been very hard at work. :)

It's not the only one. I don't remember them all, but I just choose not to build Terracotta Army because it doesn't give GP points either.

Both Zeus and Terracotta give GP points currently Zeus is 1 GE point and Terra 1 GA point.

The multiplayer AI still does not use diplomacy... I think I cancel my preorder. I was hoping for this fix for years.

Both Zeus and Terracotta give GP points currently Zeus is 1 GE point and Terra 1 GA point.

Statue of Zeus:
Cost: 555
Culture: +1
Requires Honor. All units gain +15% combat strength when attacking cities.

If it gives GP point it's not shown in game.

The Army on the other hand does say 1 GA though, but when I checked the build tooltip, I'm 100% sure I choose not to build it because it had no GP point. TA has never held my interest, it was a movement of "I got nothing better to do", maybe the tooltip was for a national wonder.

Moderator Action: Piracy-related discussion deleted. CFC has zero tolerance for piracy; you will not find assistance here for problems brought about by your own delinquency.

Statue of Zeus:
Cost: 555
Culture: +1
Requires Honor. All units gain +15% combat strength when attacking cities.

If it gives GP point it's not shown in game.

The Army on the other hand does say 1 GA though, but when I checked the build tooltip, I'm 100% sure I choose not to build it because it had no GP point. TA has never held my interest, it was a movement of "I got nothing better to do", maybe the tooltip was for a national wonder.

I've developed more of an appreciation for TA - 6 culture a turn isn't bad, and will probably be better come BNW. It's not in a particularly good spot on the tech tree, though.

I've developed more of an appreciation for TA - 6 culture a turn isn't bad, and will probably be better come BNW. It's not in a particularly good spot on the tech tree, though.

TA is now a military wonder (grants copies of existing units - unclear exactly how though); the first high-culture wonder is the Uffizi, available at Architecture and requiring the Aesthetics opener.

Looks like a decent patch, will give it a go this weekend. It seems like it is still not possible to hide the (AI) score in a multiplayer game? That has always annoyed me. Is there a mod out there that fixes this? Also, they should add the possibility to have a singleplayer diplomacy experience when interacting with the AI.

I'm very disappointed that the changes made to MP are quite.. well.. a let down for me, because the trading bug is still present and I still can't denounce Human players.. C'mon Firaxis, it's a tiny small thing, I wanna have better diplomatic options with Human players.

I'm very disappointed that the changes made to MP are quite.. well.. a let down for me, because the trading bug is still present and I still can't denounce Human players.. C'mon Firaxis, it's a tiny small thing, I wanna have better diplomatic options with Human players.

I'm kind of curious, what will denouncing do for a human player that an actual in game message can't do? The denouncing mechanic seems to be there to allow the AI to mimic actual real human reactions. Since you're all already human where is the advantage? The only thing I can think of is mixed human/AI MP games, do people even do that?

Top Bottom