Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by EQandcivfanatic, Feb 25, 2014.
Just reminding everyone that the update will be begun on Tuesday, as per usual. Get those orders in!
From the Transmississippian Confederation
To the Fellowship of the Palm
Gray Stalkers keep bringing us news of the horrible slaughter you committed in Fruitlands, and travelling merchants confirm these stories. Hundreds (maybe, even thousands) of representatives of a peaceful religious minority called the Cult of the Damned were murdered in cold blood by your acolytes in the name of a god that you claim to represent true kindness and love. In our past we have already suffered from the hands of people who also claimed to represent the one true god, and, although they spoke a different language and wore different clothes, we see no difference between you and them.
Your people are no longer welcome in our lands. They have three days to leave our towns and return to your "Promised Land." Those who stay will face consequences of their choice.
May the Great Wolf hunt down your souls for eternity.
From the Transmississippian Confederation
To Old Trace, Jacmed, and Gibton
We know that the Palm-worshipers have been aggressively proselytizing in your communities, and just like us you may not be fully in control of your co-citizens that chose to convert to their faith. However, we urge you to follow our example and expel these zealots from your lands, lest they take your lives just like they took the lives of hundreds of peaceful innocent Fruitlanders. They may not look like a threat when they preach of love and peace, but their brutal actions in the midst of the recent Sunshine-Jacksonian War show that their mild words are but a mask for their treacherous hateful nature.
We understand that some of you may be driven to accept Palmist missionaries because of the medical expertise they provide to your people. However, as we have already had a chance to find out, our knowledge of medicine is just as good as theirs, and we'll be happy to send our Gray Stalkers to you to share both their healing powers and spiritual insight with your citizens.
If you decide to keep allowing Palmists in your land, we will have no choice but accept your decision, but we our mutual trust will be greatly damaged.
May the Great Wolf protect you.
From the Transmississippian Confederation
To the remnants of the Cult of the Damned
We don't know much of your faith, and our land is far away from your main temple in Fruitlands, but we were horrified by the atrocity of Palmist massacre. As long as you promise to obey to Confederate policies of spiritual pluralism, we offer our land as a peaceful haven for your flock.
May the Great Wolf be merciful to you.
To the Transmississippian Confederation
You're public diplomacy is bizarre.
a) I'm not sure why you repeatedly bring up the Fruitland, which has been absolutely tranquil (thank you very much) and where no religious warfare has occurred. The Cult hadn't even any presence in the Fruitland.
b) The Fellowship of the Palm has not killed any lay people - the Cult of the Damned's leadership was captured and put on trial for satan worship, and found guilty (and justly so), but you're accusations of "thousands" of murders in "cold blood" are hilariously uninformed.
From the Transmississippian Confederation
We don't know who satan is, but people who kill innocents for worshiping a different god from theirs are true abominations.
OOC: I'm confused in terms. How do we call the land around Paradise's Heart? And how do we call Florida? (Also, what is Fruitlands if not that?)
If I misused any terms, let's just assume the Transmississippians call all Florida Fruitlands just like Americans call all Eastern Siberia Kamchatka.
Land around Paradise's Heart is Paradise. Florida is the Sunshine Wasteland.
I just realized that those neo-Christians ran their version of Salem trials against neo-Satanists in Paradise. Wow, Wasteland, you're ironic.
Stats in the beginning of the turn:
Transmississippian Confederation: Ahigin
Leader: Pack Leader Spartacus (Charismatic)
Faction Trait: Barbaric
Karma: Neutral Good
Capital: Wolfs Lair (Tribal Settlement; Flora, MS)
Structures: Farming Equipment (4), Water Station (2), Forge, Ammunition Convertor, Fortifications (2), School, Totem Temple of the Great Wolf, Gunsmith, Institute, Radio Tower, Airfield
Food: 11,930 (+5,980)
Water: 6,480 (+5,550)
Energy: 0 (+0)
Military Equipment: 510 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 50 High-Tech Melee Weapons, 110 1-H Guns, 75 2-H Guns, 10 Laser Weapons, 4 Light Aircraft
Military Skill: 8
Canton (Canton, MS; Settlement): +800 Food, +900 Water
-Structures: Fortifications (3), Farming Equipment (2), Water Station (2)
-Arsenal: 200 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 150 1-H Guns, 50 2-H Guns
Carthage (Carthage, MS; Settlement): +100 Food, +100 Water
-Structures: Fortifications (2)
-Arsenal: 250 Low-tech Melee Weapons, 25 1-H Guns
Chairkey Den (Yazoo City, MS; Tribal Settlement): +580 Food, +1,250 Water
-Structures: Fortifications, Water Station (2), Farming Equipment (2)
-Arsenal: 500 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 35 1-H Guns, 10 2-H Guns
The Glen (Glen Allen, MS; Settlement): +500 Food, +500 Water
-Structures: Fortifications (2), Forge
-Arsenal: 550 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 30 1-H Guns, 5 2-H Guns
Green Vale (Greenville, MS; Urban Ruin):
-Arsenal: 600 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 25 High-Tech Melee Weapons, 75 1-H Guns, 45 2-H Guns, 5 Laser Weapons
Headwards (Edwards, MS; Settlement): +50 Food, +50 Water
-Arsenal: 300 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 25 1-H Guns, 5 2-H Guns
Hermanville (Hermanville, MS; Settlement): +100 Food, +100 Water
-Arsenal: 200 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 25 1-H Guns
Minter City (Minter City, MS; Settlement): +450 Food, +250 Water
-Structures: Fortifications (4), Forge, Farming Equipment, Ammunition Convertor
-Arsenal: 200 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 25 1-H Guns, 15 2-H Guns
Moors Head (Moorhead, MS; Settlement): +1,250 Food, +900 Water
-Structures: Fortifications (4), Farming Equipment (2), Water Station (2)
-Arsenal: 400 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 150 1-H Guns, 60 2-H Guns
Terry (Terry, MS; Settlement): +100 Food, +100 Water
-Arsenal: 200 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 100 1-H Guns
Wicked Burrow (Vicksburg, MS; Urban Ruin): +50 Food
-Arsenal: 600 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 25 High-Tech Melee Weapons, 75 1-H Guns, 75 2-H Guns, 5 Laser Weapons
- send 50 food and 50 water to each Goodmen and McCool with a standard offer to join our Confederation. As usual, we will introduce ourselves, tell the Goodmen and the Coolmen about our ways and their rights if they join us, and well let them make a free decision;
- exile all Palmists from our lands and declare the Fellowship of the Palm an illegal organization in the Confederation (for more details, see the Challenge and Solution section);
- declare the Confederation a haven for the Cult of the Damned, as long as the Cult respects our policy of spiritual plurality;
- send Gray Stalkers (Gray Wolf missionaries) to Old Trace, Jacmed, and Gibton with a diplomatic request to support our boycott of the Fellowship of the Palm. The Gray Stalkers will provide their medical knowledge and expertise to the locals to compensate for the loss of qualified Palmist doctors. If the local communities chose to not expel Palmists, Gray Stalkers will continue competing with Palmist missionaries in proselytizing and medical service. They will be instructed to be highly diplomatic in order not to turn locals against us.
- buy 100,000 food for 5k caps;
- buy 300 materials for 27.3k caps.
- transfer 25 1-H guns from Canton to Hermanville and 25 1-H guns from Canton to Carthage (already included in the Stats In The Beginning Of The Turn section);
- upon completion of market orders, build 4 new Water Stations for 2,400 materials: 2 in The Glen, 1 in Wolfs Lair, 1 in Chairkey Den. Prior to the construction, our engineers will research if Wolfs Lair and Chairkey Den have enough unused water sources for the construction of additional Water Stations. If not, the construction may be moved to The Glen, Moors Head, Canton, or Minter City (in that order of priority);
- dispatch a scrapping expedition of 200 people with 200 low-tech melee weapons, 20 1-H guns and 5 2-H guns from Wicked Burrow garrison to the ruins of Vicksburg. The expedition will be equipped with radios. If Wicked Burrow is under attack, a radio message will be sent with an order to return to the fort and join the defenders;
- dispatch a scrapping expedition of 200 people with 200 low-tech melee weapons, 20 1-H guns and 5 2-H guns from Green Vale garrison to the ruins of Greenville. The expedition will be equipped with radios. If Green Vale is under attack, a radio message will be sent with an order to return to the fort and join the defenders;
- Wind Riders (light aircraft) will split its duties between three tasks. 1 aircraft will patrol the Mississippi River shore from Gibton to 100 miles north of Green Vale, reporting about any unusual activity on the other bank and watching out for nomadic tribes migrating from the west. 1 aircraft will patrol the approaches to Fort Anguilla, reporting about any caravans heading in or out of the port. The pilot will be instructed to not approach the fort itself and stay at a safe altitude to minimize chances of being spotted and shot from the ground. If any caravan is spotted, the pilot will try to follow it to determine its origin (within reasonable limits). [EQ, please PM me if we discover anything valuable.] The remaining 2 aircraft will be supporting the Stray Dogs and the Lone Wolves in their operation in the north (see below);
- the Lone Wolves Host (1200 people with 1200 low-tech melee weapons, 25 high-tech melee weapons, 200 1-H guns, 100 2-H guns, and 5 laser weapons, equipped with radios and supported by 1 recon aircraft) will perform scrapping and anti-raiding operations in the square Minter City-Webb, MS-Enid, MS-Grenada, MS. All locations in the square should be thoroughly scavenged if possible, and notes should be taken of particularly fertile and water-rich lands. Regular Confederate order of battle will be used with a seek-and-destroy approach to encountered bands of raiders. Locations with extreme density of wild ghoul population or any other particularly dangerous wildlife should be bypassed in order to optimize spending of ammunition. In Grenada, the Lone Wolves will rendezvous with the Stray Dogs;
- the Stray Dogs Host (1200 people with 1200 low-tech melee weapons, 25 high-tech melee weapons, 200 1-H guns, 100 2-H guns, and 5 laser weapons, equipped with radios and supported by 1 recon aircraft) will perform scrapping and anti-raiding operations in the square Minter City-Montgomerry, MS-Vaiden, MS-Grenada, MS. All locations in the square should be thoroughly scavenged if possible, and notes should be taken of particularly fertile and water-rich lands. Regular Confederate order of battle will be used with a seek-and-destroy approach to encountered bands of raiders. Locations with extreme density of wild ghoul population or any other particularly dangerous wildlife should be bypassed in order to optimize spending of ammunition. In Grenada, the Lone Wolves will rendezvous with the Lone Wolves;
- upon rendezvousing in Grenada, if theres still time until the end of the season, both hosts will try and scavenge Camp McCain military base. Host commanders will be instructed to take it easy on the troops and retreat if deactivation attempts fail and fast destruction of automatic/robotic defenses proves to be too costly;
- if a major enemy incursion in the Transmississippian territory occurs at any point throughout the season, one of the hosts will abandon its mission and will be redeployed to the critical spot.
Challenge and solution:
Pack Leaders Challenge: The preachers of the Fellowship of the Palm have been aggressively using our territory to proselytize to surrounding independent towns. While they have mostly stuck to their word about not aggressively pursuing our own citizens, they have relentless sought acceptance and missions in other communities. As it turns out they have had little to offer us that we did not already know, and they constantly cause disturbances. Some of our people are calling for their expulsion, while others have already embraced their form of Christianity. How do we respond to the Fellowships aggressive approach to religion?
Pack Leaders Solution: We wouldnt object their proselytizing in other surrounding communities, if it wasnt for the news of the Paradise massacre that has reached us. We know nothing of the Cult of the Damned, but we know that in the eyes of a zealot Great Wolf and Allof are not much better than Satan. Which leaves us no choice but to expel all Palmists from our lands.
Those of our own people who chose to convert into Palm-worship will be given a choice to denounce that hateful god and return to their original beliefs (be it the Gray Wolf cult, the Lam, or any other religion). If they do so, they will be allowed to stay in our cities under heavy supervision of the Watchful Ones. If they decide to stick to Palmism, their property will be ceased, their children under 10 will be taken away from them to be raised by Gray Shamans as true Transmississippians, after which the converts will be expelled into the greater Wasteland.
Palmist missionaries, however, will not be given a chance to stay in our lands and, upon confiscation of their property, will be all expelled back into the Followships domain with a message that their people are no longer welcome in the Confederation.
Simultaneously, a number of Gray Stalkers will be sent to Old Trace, Gibton, Jacmed, and other neighboring communities that the Palmists were proselytizing in. They will try to persuade local leadership to join our boycott of Palmism. Regardless of their result, they will stay in those towns to peacefully proselytize and share their medical knowledge with local people.
Finally, we will declare our lands open for any refugees from the Cult of the Damned. Before becoming our citizens, the Damned-worshippers will be required to swear an oath to respect our policies of religious pluralism.
So my disruption is over, but I'm having trouble getting back into this. Not at all your fault, EQ, I just can't 'get into it' any more. So, no need to treat the Union as an NPC on hold any more. if I later come up with any cool ideas or get back into the mood for the this setting/game, I'll just create/adopt a new faction.
It is doubtful that I will be able to get orders in, my apologies if I do not.
@DarkSaber1: I've been figuring that since you said it when you left. No worries.
@GreekAnalyzer and everyone else: Accidentally smacked my jump drive with all of the information since Update 39ish on it. Going to have to see if the data can be recovered off of it. If not, the next update will almost definitely be delayed.
Now I'm not sure which one of you is a Bethesda game developer, but to buy my silence, you need to send me a beta copy of Fallout 4 within the week.
What are you talking about...?
This is so Botwawki:
Plot of next Guardians of the Galaxy confirmed
I Am Gator.
...and while the people of the Sunshine Wasteland fixated on the Jacksonia-Sunshine War, the true threat emerged from the swamps, as the Raccoon Empire rode out on their thousands of war alligators to carve a swathe through the puny wasteland human civilizations.
OCC: Well, I finally got to a point where I could get on Civ for more than a moment, and I'll have to say I can't help but appreciate the irony that it's only when I leave on a medical mission to a third world country that people need to get ahold of me. I guess it isn't Ole Gil's time to shine in the fields of interfactional intrigue.
But I'm offically back.
Alright, after reading the update, while the New Gulf Commonwealth is very glad to see the end of the heretical Cult of the Damned and glad to see the influence of the Enclave curtailed, we are wanting know the future of the Sunshine Kingdom.
Orders will be coming in about 24 hours, got an exam tomorrow :c
Order delays are acceptable at this point as I am having trouble recovering the data on my jump drive. Essentially this is going to mean that I will have to restore a portion of my data by hand, which is a pain in the arse. So I am going to try to do the update this weekend.
Separate names with a comma.