Bread And Circuses

i think we ar getting sidetracked by all the discussion I think whoever started thread or xatsmann or whoever is giving people too many decisions. we have all roughly said what we fancy. bite the bullit set it up. lets get started! put admin password on so it can be patched when firaxis patch again.

superb idea - xatsman can you just set up the game based on your best judgements? cheers and happy civvings.

set it up... I shall play Gandhi instead of Bismarck =)
I agree with what's been said, it's taking too long =X

If all 7 play lets have 4 teams large map and I'll take the AI as a partner or give the AI to whoever else might want it, or Random draw by Xatsmann. We've given our trust to Xatsmann, start us up. I also recommend the Classical start to get us going too.

egypt803...Fredrick
xatsmann...FDR
g_storrow...random
onclouds...Ghandi
KellyM...not yet picked
chasbolt....Random
endur4ever...not yet picked

Thank you,

I am in for whatever everyone decides. I've never played team so I might need to quick pointers if/when teams get setup.

I've never played teams either so ditto could use some pointers if that's what we decide. Can you see each other's stuff as team mates? Is it just about helping each other out when asked or is there more to it than that?

you make a joined effort in research as it takes much less time if you research the same tech...
you see each other's units AT all times and can help one another in defending cities
also there's resource trading that can be extremely useful...
you can give a unit to your team partner when he enters his borders (not sure how this works when not in teams)
anyone want to add some more aspects of team play?

Set yourself up a game. Instead of Single choose Multi. Set up the game (Good Practice too) with Player 1 yourself as team 1, player 2 AI, team 1, player 3 AI team 2, player 4 AI, team 2. Give it a go, play a few turns. You will discover that anything that you research or your AI researches you both know. It is best to research something different than your fellow team players. I'm new at this too and still in the discovery phase.

Set yourself up a game. Instead of Single choose Multi. Set up the game (Good Practice too) with Player 1 yourself as team 1, player 2 AI, team 1, player 3 AI team 2, player 4 AI, team 2. Give it a go, play a few turns. You will discover that anything that you research or your AI researches you both know. It is best to research something different than your fellow team players. I'm new at this too and still in the discovery phase.

but it is much faster to research together, or so I believe. you should maybe try to that a few more times and see if researching the same isn't more benefiting.

PS: or so I've been playing and it has not gone very bad for my side
PS2: is we are playing teams I would prefer custom_continents: one per team

Surprise us Xatsmann, I'm game for what you throw at us. Whatever.

Game started....sent the first turn to egypt...see first entry for game parameters.

Just a quick note what is the order.
THere are two different kind of orders on the first post one with nations and the other with emails address.
Just a note to who is sending to me it is storrow in email address not starrow.

but apart from that great work xatsman! :)

i corrected both e-mails in the opening post and added the password for the game...b&c to the previous post and opening posts.

i corrected both e-mails in the opening post and added the password for the game...b&c to the previous post and opening posts.

you still got it wrong ... joaocarlospinheiro (at) gmail (dot) com ...

copy paste it, it's Carlos the name you can't spell =)

sorry for slow start - have received game a couple of times from xatsman but having a few teething problems - first didn't have the password then I opened it and it told me I was FDR rather than Frederick and asked me to continue with xatsmans turn. am waiting to receive next try from xatsman - i believe he's trying to get laptops to work.
the game will happen!

i just sent the turn to egypt...let me know if you get it...

Top Bottom