Brothels now legal in Canada

What's your point? Do you not read posts?

You are aware that Amsterdam is not the only place in Europe which doesn't criminalise sex work, correct? And that all of these problems exist in countries where they criminalise sex work?

And of course, that nobody is arguing that not criminalising sex work makes everything perfect and safe, only that it reduces a lot of the inherent harms and is better for sex workers than criminalisation?

Thought so.

Is your argument that if these guys wouldn't have come to Amsterdam they'd have opened a grocery store instead?

And why didn't you bold the remark that the policies used to work, so perhaps the policies aren't the problem. The influx of criminal elements from Eastern Europe is.

about that...

Conduct in an occupation is not comparable to peace time

This is true, but I still have this gut instinct that easy access to prostitution reduces rape. Rape is not a serious problem in my city that I know of. Although I should mention prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas, but it's still pretty easy to find. We have not had gang rapes here, but I have seen news stories of them occurring in other cities. Unfortunately, there are no statistics on such stats that I know of. I'd be interested in seeing rape statistics in cities with easy access to prostitution. And compare those to more "moral" cities with hard crackdowns on prostitution.

German prostitution is not just legal ... it's regulated.
Street whores even clock in for work!
http://juliancecere.com/2011/08/ger...ers-clock-inout-before-they-walk-the-streets/

German bureaucracy at it's best.

in vienna - where prostitution is legal, they planned to have designated zones where street prostitution is ok to get it out of residential areas.
they even had a map.

Spoiler :

somehow that never happened though, so now all legal prostitutes are concentrated in non-residential areas that arent even designated and nobody know what laws pertain.

we call that an austrian solution, which most of the time means taking something the germans did well, change it around a bit so it's not an exact copy and then have those poorly executed changes ruin everything while looking the other way.

Top Bottom