[BTS 3.19] Earth 35 Civilizations MOD

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit and installed this mod. I of course used WinRar and put the folder into my Program Files//2K Games//Firaxis Games//Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete//Beyond the Sword//Mods. My copy of Civilization 4 Complete shows itself to be the "games for windows" edition... I don't see why that would affect mod loading since it has a mod folder.

I cannot load this mod. When I go into the game and to "advanced" to load it, it takes me out of the game to desktop like the other mods normally do... but it never loads. Civilization 4 simply fails to load the mod. I have to restart Civ4 as a result.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

I'm also running Windows 7 32 bit and the mod loads just fine, but when the screen comes up there is no interface. I've tried changing from full screen mode and re-booting but still no interface. Help.

jimmygeo

Hey i dled the mod today and it loads fine but i cant find the map

whats it called?

and if its earth 35 civs then its not there D:

Any chance of adding the city name function from rhyes and fall?
And any chance to make "custom scenario" work? I want to enable vassal states but I seem unsuccesfull?

MB it is time to expand more this mode since the civ5 is a big fail :D
I'd love to see it merged with next war techs and units. Playing with all the religios would be great idea too :)

The combat odds seem to be tweaked a bit in this mod.. I find that I am loosing many more battles on this mod than I do in standard maps.. I play on Immortal difficulty.

Am I the only one who has noticed this?

I'm sorry, but I'm new with mods, so this question may seem stupid: I can't play the mod. I downloaded the mod, loaded it with Bts, got a screen very similar to the normal Bts screen, and there is nothing added. Can anyone help me?

I'm trying to get this to work , but keep incountering problems. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I have I'm running windows Vista, and I have the 3.17 version of BtS. I also have the BUG mod. Coulsd that lead to a problem?

A few times, I got the mod to load, but I couldn't find any of the new features. After trying several times, I got the various error messages popping up one after another.

The first one says, "Tag: UNITCLASS_OLYMP_MISSIONARY in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ReligionInfo.xml" When I hit ok, I get a similar message about "RELIGION_DRUID". I got a total of 25 almost identical messages about various files all starting with "RELIGION_" and then the name of one of your new religions. Then it said that Civ 4 had stopped working and needed to close.

What am I doing wrong?

I got the same issue. My version of BTS is 3.19 and the Earth 35 Map version is 2.4b.

Tag:RELIGION_FREEM in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Civilizations/CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml

This requires Earth 35. It is a ww2 1938 map. Very good. Reply to me if you spot any bugs or such. This download includes the Earth 35 MOD, and the map extension. Files is clean. Just so you are super safe i made the file an .zip so you can scan it before you unzip it. Have Fun and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8JXEBJP9

on my older XP laptop (correct game version) i downloaded 2.4b mod, installed in MOD place as recommended on page 19 of your comments to this thread...

any attempt to load the mod is met with an instant CTD with no resulting error messages and the CIV4 bts process still running in the background (says task manager) but no amount of waiting will cause the mod to boot. sound like a problem anyone has had/fixed?

on my older XP laptop (correct game version)

How did you check the game version?
If you just hit the "search for updates" option in the game, then it might tell you that there are no updates, but not because there aren't, but because the option is borked and does not always work correctly (e.g. when it's blocked by a firewall it will tell you that there are no updates).

Having many problems with this mod. I extracted it with WinRAR, but when I load the mod there are a multitude files that don't load. Of these include new religion features added, any help please? :confused:

EDIT: OK nvm, I got it. Nice work here, I'll spend a lot of hours on this mod. I like your balanced selection of civs, even though most of the new ones are direct imports from Colonization. I've started a marathon game as Sumeria, noble because of all your warnings about how hard monarch was. And it is a lot harder!

I also like your little changes over the leaders, especially Lenin. All in all, it's great work.

Alright. About through with my first (complete) game, so I'll post my thorough opinions. My original game was as Sumeria, which ended in failure from a repetition of attacks from all directions around me, which included Byzantium, Russia, Viking, Egypt, Arabia, and even a small crusade from Mongolia. I died early on, around 1 AD.

So, for my second game I chose a more isolated civ, the Aborigines. I sacked Australia and razed their city early in the game, so it is only me on the continent. One of many things I noticed is the massive number of wars, and even though they AI are tuned to aggressive, they seem even more warlike than they normally do when on this setting.

Another thing is that how often the AI ask you to join a war. This isn't just a little diversion, it's straight up aggravating! Shaka actually asked me to join his long-term war against the Massai six times, with that stupid penalty along with it. This has to be the biggest fault in the mod, IMO.

I also noticed the rapid tech progression in comparison to a normal game. Perhaps this is because of heightened tech trading, but even I alone progressed to education around 750 AD, along with several others shortly after. I believe there might be something else curving the research, though.

As for the map, it is generally excellent. My complaints are few, and can be quickly solved myself; (maybe spoilers):
Spoiler :
  • I don't like how Denmark is connected to Sweden where Copenhagen is.
  • I don't like how Greenland isn't connected up to the top of the map, and allows navigation to the north of it.
  • I don't like the proportion of Iceland to the rest of the British Isles
A bit odd how all of these faults are very close are pretty close to each other.

All in all, it is a very good mod. These are only my complaints here, though.

1st of all THANK YOU for playing my mod and reply here. I spent so many months to do this that is always fun when i read compliments! ;)

The "join war problem" isn't my fault. Maybe cause Aggressive AI. try to disable.... I didn't touch any code about "hostility" in game :D

I don't like how Denmark is connected to Sweden where Copenhagen is.

This is for balance reason: So vikings can go down in europe in medieval without build many ships. If you isolate Vikings, only Russians will deal with them.

I don't like how Greenland isn't connected up to the top of the map, and allows navigation to the north of it.

Greenland is split from the "Europe" by ocean so nobody can reach america by europe and viceversa before you get a caravel. I leave always a lane of sea before the pole, btw if you don't like it, you can edit the map! :D

I don't like the proportion of Iceland to the rest of the British Isles

That make room for england, vikings and for cause wars beetween America and Europe.

Ive got a problem. So i download the mod, put it in the mod folder of BtS. Then I extract the files with winrar. When i hit the luancher this thing comes up.

Failed to read worldbuilder file "Location of the file"

What am i doing wrong?

EDIT: Fixed it

I'm sorry, but I'm new with mods, so this question may seem stupid: I can't play the mod. I downloaded the mod, loaded it with Bts, got a screen very similar to the normal Bts screen, and there is nothing added. Can anyone help me?

Im having the same problem as u. When i loaded the MOD it came up with a screen that has the same display as if i were to play BtS without a MOD. The only thing different is it gives me the option to "Unload Mod".

Take a look at the installation folder, you should see in there a folder named "Assets", an .ini file and probably some other stuff.
But if you see another "Earth 35 Civilizations MOD" folder in it, then you installed it wrong. Move everything from the second folder into the first folder to fix it.

Take a look at the installation folder, you should see in there a folder named "Assets", an .ini file and probably some other stuff.
But if you see another "Earth 35 Civilizations MOD" folder in it, then you installed it wrong. Move everything from the second folder into the first folder to fix it.

No i checked. The folders inside the Assets folder are art, Modules, Python, Res, Sound and XML. Ive looked deeper into these files as well and no " Earth 35 Civilizations MOD" folder

Top Bottom