1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Dales Combat Mod!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Dale, Jan 2, 2008.

1. hs1611

hs1611 Chieftain

Quick question.

Is the problem with Traits on the CIV Costumizer fixed?

Great job, by the way!!

2. avain

avain (key)

Dale,

pro primo firstly, I'd like to thank you for the well commented, clean code! (but this you already know)

pro primo secondly;), I'd hope you'd allow me a small comment:
    Battle Effects - I thought it would be sensible to tie battle effects to modern combat. Or at least to ancient battles of extreme proportions - and then modern battles (or post gunpowder era). The rationale would be that wars really grew up in scale during modern era, and the devastation was major, whilst in ancient era I don't see way would the land smoke after a band of warriors get killed by a wandering warband of archers. If it's a Battle of Thermopylae, then of course, yes!
    Just me 2 cents, and thank you once more for this FANTASTIC mod!

3. Roamty

Roamty BTS

In the field when a ARCHER unit hits a enemy unit there is no message that it miss or hit the unit or if it did damage to the unit when using the Archer Bombard button can you fix this, also when attacking the city. The AI gives no message when attacking with Archer Bombard. What file or files needs to be change to fix this? Thankyou for this great mod.

Need Feedback for ARCHER unit Archer Bombard

Three Text errors in the Civ Customiser

CHANGED_TXT_KEY_UNIT_EXECUTIVE_2

TXT_KEY_SHIP_OF_THE_LINE

TXT_KEY_UNIT_GREAT_TYCOON

Changed to
    TXT_KEY_UNIT_EXECUTIVE_2
    TXT_KEY_UNIT_SHIP_OF_THE_LINE
    TXT_KEY_UNIT_GREAT_MERCHANT

4. ripple01

ripple01 Emperor

Hi Dale,

I've integrated v1.3 of your mod into my own, and so far most everything seems to be working great. One problem, however: My catapults do not have any option to bombard AT ALL. My trebuchets and artillery have the ranged bombardment button but no bombard city defenses button. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for any help.

ripple01

5. frekk

frekk Scourge of St. Lawrence

I was wondering if there are any plans to expand this mod ... specifically, I was thinking that some changes to forts (like JFortZoc modcomp) should be added.

6. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

ripple01 ,
    hey,

i had similar problem in privius versions,

you probably did not merge the xmls right,
    probably the interface files.

and if some of your units dont have rb option, then either you didnt insert the rbombard xml tag, or again, interface xml files.

goodluck.

7. ripple01

ripple01 Emperor

Hmm, I'll take a look over them again. I copied the interface XML file over from Dale's Mod unaltered so I don't think the problem could be there.

If I turn ranged bombardment off, none of my siege units have the bombard city defenses button.

Could I have erred in the SDK merging that would result in this happening?

Cheers,
    ripple01

8. noid

noid Warlord

I would like to see a bombing mission that could eleminate population, different bombers would have different chances of eleminating 1 population point. The chances shouldnt be higher then lets say 20-30% at most, so that its not overpowered.

2nd thing i find missing is a chance modifier that when enemy attacks and destroys my units on a plot with a fort, and his unit enters the plot, the fort might get destroyed. It would symbolize the fort being destryed due to fighting and the defenders abilty to blow up the fort so that it wont get in to enemies hands.

9. cmsfr

cmsfr Chieftain

thank you dale, your mod is amazing :)

10. Dale

Dale Deity

Just so you know, another version is in planning. It'll be a while off yet, but it will include some new stuff never seen before in Civ. :)

Also, I've worked out why the mod isn't MP compatible, so the next version will allow that. :D

11. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

Dare I hope that the next mod might have something to do with naval combat...? Like a 'patrol' order that permits ships to intercept incoming landing craft within a certain range???

:salute:

12. glider1

glider1 Deity

Big thanks for the high quality of your mod Dale. You're coding and commenting are first rate. Stack attacks and battle effects are cool indeed. Some of your more "active" turn based concepts with regard to battle like pre-emptive strikes are sure to make it into Civ 5?! Look forward to the next version of this great mod.

13. Ninja2

Ninja2 Great Engineer

Hi Dale

I feel obliged to tell you that I've included your mod into another modpack. I hope it's alright with you! :)

14. casnorf

casnorf Chieftain

It seems to work pretty nicely for us when we play.

15. von Krysiak

von Krysiak Chieftain

I will give your mod a try and if it workswithout CTDs I would say it is going to be an ultimate Civ mod !!!
    Wolfshanze has redesigned modern era units and added a lot to the playbility, and Dale has changed the mechanics and features so if both of them can be combined without any difficulties that would mean that I might be losing a job due to looong sleepless nights spent in front of the computer :crazyeye:

Thank you everyone for the amazing work put in the creation of the mod!

16. PSYX

PSYX Warlord

Dale

Cool!!! I was succesfully added your mod into my! :)
    All works!

And I translated your mod into russian;)

17. avain

avain (key)

18. Echo of Celts

Echo of Celts Just Plain Crazy

Dale,

I don't know if this is intentional, but when I use the Building Bombing Mission and Factory Bombing Mission I get +1 Experience each time whether the mission succeeds or fails.

Also, are archery and ranged bombardment available stand alone? If not how difficult is it to pull them out of DCM. I ask because In my attempts to merge DCM into VDRN I have used the Bombing Mission stand alone and CASA stand alone.

19. Ninja2

Ninja2 Great Engineer

Question: Have you integrated Bhruic's .dll changes to your .dll?

20. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

How long Dale? Because that sounds really promising.

Maybe you can tease us and tell us what you're planning? I wanna know the new stuff "never seen before in Civ." :D