[BtS] Dales Combat Mod!

So basically what you and Thomas SG are saying is that a unit just stands there and accepts consequent bombardments after the first one. Anyone under a barrage after the first salvo will seek shelter and cover. Or run from the area of affect. Thus, avoiding elimination.

But reality aside, I still see it as a bad decision to give siege weapons lethal bombardment for the game.

Hmmm. Doesn't the Battleship have lethal bombardment capability? I see no difference in capability between the Battleship and the Artillery unit other than actual range.

Artillery can fire a 155mm shell 13.1 miles (22000 meters).
Battleship can fire a larger projectile 26 miles.

Both have 2 square range for the game and I believe they both should have lethal bombardment capability. These units can devistate a target area completely. Exception: If the side being bombarded has under ground bunkers, I can see how they might survive.

Very Respectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Dale,

Thanks for adding Archery barrage. :goodjob: I’m currently in the middle of a test game. Here are my early results:

1. Battle solutions are still sluggish and sometimes freeze up the screen to the point where all I can do is save and restart the game. IMO this is a serious bug that should be bumped up in your priority list of things to fix. I'm not sure what might be causing the freeze up. :dunno:

Fixed in the next version.

2. You forgot to remove a line of error testing code that appears during the time of combat. :spank: It says "I'm here!"

Fixed in the next version.

3. Can you replace the bombardment sound file for Archers, Long Bowmen and Cross Bowmen with the attached file? :please: IMO the sound effect of arrows flying is a little more realistic than the current bombardment sound. :thumbsup:

I was going to use it, but in my opinion it sounds like . .. .. .. .. ;) I'll try and find something else though. :)

Sorry Dale,

but I need your help again. The animation is working fine now, so far so good. :thanx: But the behaivior of the bomber is very strange. I made a test with worldbuilder. I gave my enemy a city with lots of fighters and attacked him in the next turn with a nukebomber.

I thought that the fighters would now shoot down the bomber but they won't do so. Why not? Have I made mistake again? Of course bombers must be intercepted by fighters. :(

This is now fixed for the next version (and the animation look awesome with fire trails out of the engine as it heads down!). :D

Would it be possible to add a "Disrupt Supply Lines" style mission to land units in enemy territory? Maybe have it work like a blockade, covering an area, and enemy units that are within it or cut off have their maintenance costs increased, or lose the natural heal.

Just so everyone knows, CASA has entered final testing. :)

Just so everyone knows, CASA has entered final testing. :)

Excellent!

Dale, will Ranged Bombardment receive some tweaks in the next version, or will it be the same as in v1.2?

Excellent!

Dale, will Ranged Bombardment receive some tweaks in the next version, or will it be the same as in v1.2?

Same, except for some extra notifications in the info box. Is there an issue?

I was just wondering if this includes a component that would make it so you can have more than just 18 civs because did not see it on the front page.
Sorry if you already mentioned this somewhere and I just missed it.

I was just wondering if this includes a component that would make it so you can have more than just 18 civs because did not see it on the front page.
Sorry if you already mentioned this somewhere and I just missed it.

I'll make some DLL's with different civ limits for the next version.

Well no need to worry. I'll upload DCM v1.3 tomorrow. :)

You may notice I've released the CASA component separately, it's just a case of finishing the testing in DCM after fixing the last two bugs.

The pics look awesome of battles!

Land battle before:

Land battle during:

Land battle after:

Sea battle before (with fighters on carriers):

Sea battle during (including dog fights):

Sea battle after:

Well no need to worry. I'll upload DCM v1.3 tomorrow. :)

You may notice I've released the CASA component separately, it's just a case of finishing the testing in DCM after fixing the last two bugs.

The pics look awesome of battles!
Spoiler :

Land battle before:

Land battle during:

Land battle after:

Sea battle before (with fighters on carriers):

Sea battle during (including dog fights):

Sea battle after:

2 questions :)

1. CASA? Is that the stacked attack system?
  2. Does the AI know how to use this stacked attack fully?

EDIT: Just got the first answer in your initial thread hehe. So just the AI question now :)

Dale
Really cool! :)

1. Does the AI know how to use this stacked attack fully?

I can't believe people still ask this of my code. :mad:

YES!

YES!

Ok, then now a tricky one:
You said v1.3 will include AIAutoPlay. Soooooo...
- Does the AI know how to use it? Hmmm???
(ie. Can an AI take a break, too?) :cool:

It's OK Dale. Toft just might not be totally familiar with your meticulous and quality work. Know for sure that your hard work is appreciated by so many grateful CIV4 finatics and especially by me. Half the fun would be lost, if we were to play CIV4 without at least one of your mods. We love this game, we love your mods and we depend on your programming experience and knowledge. :goodjob: Never forget that. :)

Sincerely,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Sorry for the nood question: Can I install your combat mod in another mod? BTS "Extra" for instance? And if yes, how?

Top Bottom