[BtS] Dales Combat Mod!

Zebra sent you a PM. :)

hey dale,

say,
have you ever thoght of adding influence driven wars?

well i have the two merged fro a long time now,
and i think, one of the componants, opp fire or active defense wont work with influence,
theres a ctd cause by one of the two,

well just thought of mentioning this duw to my frustration of it :)

Influence driven war works fine with DCM but you have to add IDW to the stack attack code "updateStackAttackCombat()" from memory. IDW has been working perfectly with RevolutionDCM below for many months. Put it this way, I haven't heard of any problems with IDW and Opp Fire or Active Defense and never experienced any myself.

Cheers.

Hi! im new to the forum and i am in need of help. I have the warlords version of the game and when i try to load the dales combat mod the game crashes out to the desktop. Does anyone have any ideas of how i should do to get this awesome mod to work? I know this thread is for beyond the sword but the thread for warlords has been inactive for 6 monhts please help me!!!!!!

Hi, the warlords version wasn't updated to the last patch, as BtS was already out by then.

hello again!!!

I bought bts yesterday and i installed it and patched it to version 3.17.
I downloaded the DCM mod putted it in the bts mod folder and launched the game everything worked like a charm... I decided to play the Earth 1000AD map it started to load and it crashed directly. I started the game and loaded the DCM again and the same thing happend. After that i removed the DCM mod from the folder and putted it on the desktop and the game stopped crashing. But i want the DCM mod to work!!! please help me with this i am desperate for help please!!!

You'd have to copy the world builder file for the Earth1000AD map and open it in notepad, then you would have to create the new teams (I'm not sure how many, dale would know) and players (same number as teams), for more info post in C&C.

i tested the mod with all civs it worked!!! thanks for all your help zebra you have made my day :) Im gonna look for some earth maps tomorrow with all civs in it :D

Hi Dale,

I'm really enjoying DCM - thanks very much for your hard work.

I've found an issue with the latest version (1.7) of DCM - my apologies if this has already been identified.

Scenario: Attacking a city with a stack which includes siege weapons (tried with catapults and cannon)

Result: On taking control of the city, I experiance a total loss of control over the user interface. I am unable to give orders to the units in the stack and I am unable to select units outside of the stack. Pressing the 'end turn' button has no effect. I am unable to access the game menu (in order to load, save or exit) or any other game functionality.

Do you have any idea about either a fix or mitigation for this?

Warm regards,

Alex

just do a quicksave ( CTRL+S ) and then a quickload ( CTRL+L ) and the interface will go back to normal, it's an aknowledged issue of stack attack.

Further to this issue, the save / load mitigation seems to work, but I've also had a CTD during a battle using CASA. The error message reported that the "memory could not be 'read'"

AlexStaines
well this error is memory allocation if i remmber currectly,
you porbably played on a huge huge map with alot of nations?

anyway,
i reccomend you wont play with stuck attack,
my settings are:
ari bombing
and ranged bombardment

only, and i have no ctds.

Top Bottom