[BtS] Diversica

Thank you very much for this mod! Just what I was looking for, now that I am moving onto Civ 4 from Civ 2 (late bloomer), but I wanted to ask you couple of questions about it.

that is real late ;)

Are all units now unique in their looks to each civilization? For example will German infantry wear Stahlhelms, or will Americans have Abrams for their tanks? I read the description but it doesn't say which units are changed/unchanged.

not all are changed, as there aren't civ-specific units available for everything.
When there is a good / decent unit available for something, I most of the time use it, so chances are you will not find many additional units that are missing here (unless I am using an alternative to it, but not vanilla either).

For most civs, they are unique from start to the medieval age (knight etc.) thanks to Danrell and Bakuel. After that it becomes somewhat more sparse, but musketeer, rifleman, grenadier, etc. are frequently still unique. Infantry and onwards less frequently.

Also, planes and tanks are somewhat less likely to be unqiue and ships are the least likely.

Is it possible to use this mod with BtS Rhye's and Fall of Civilization mod?

Again thank you very much for this mod!

Don't know Rhye's but I guess the answer is no. What Rhyse would need to have is a DLL which supports the WoC XML standard - or for the RevDCM DLL to support all of the Rhyse features in its DLL. Not sure if either one is the case, but I doubt it.

None of the download links is working for me (gamefront,desura) can anyone provide alternative link for me PLEASE. ZIP is always corrupted from everywhere. Tried at home, work, friends pc.

None of the download links is working for me (gamefront,desura) can anyone provide alternative link for me PLEASE. ZIP is always corrupted from everywhere. Tried at home, work, friends pc.

No idea what links you are trying, but the front page does not link to the sites you listed.

The download links point to Mod DB where the files are still available.

Mod DB uploads all mods exclusively to gamefront and desura :-/ check links they offer you when trying to download. If i can ask you to provide me some other form of download. I can work with svn, torrent, ftp, anything. Downloaded Diversica 6times now from moddb (if you like it this way xD) and i allways get error during unpacking, and installation is halted on start.

EDIT: Nvm, i got it downloaded now. Aggresive AI works great, we are at war with half the map :D never experienced such hatred, even using mods with ruthless AI option. Unit graphics are COOL, thx for awesome mod ;)

BUG REPORTS :
Spain - antitank infantry is red blob
Other - Error in EndPlayerTurn event handler <bound method revolution onEndPlayerTurn <Revolution Revolution instance 0x69CD1350>> with Revolutions activated / same warnings with CultureExpansion and onCityGrowth

EDIT: Nvm, i got it downloaded now. Aggresive AI works great, we are at war with half the map :D never experienced such hatred, even using mods with ruthless AI option. Unit graphics are COOL, thx for awesome mod ;)

BUG REPORTS : Spain - antitank infantry is red blob

Thanks, was just about to try a download (actually I did and I had no issues, ie the zip tested OK, did not install though).

Will look into the antitank

BUG REPORTS :
Hungarian Marine has weapon out of hands, graphical glitch.
Celtic UB Dun is not giving free Guerilla promotion, can provide save if needed. EDIT : Only ranged units get that promotion, not melee, nor cavalry or siege

I hope you`ll find time to fix all bugs in future, your mod is best for multiplayer. Never experienced any OOS while finishing 6 games.

I'm really enjoying this mod. Have been playing a lot of bloated mods lately that take forever to do each turn (just selecting a city to build can take 10 seconds in C2C's current edition, because it slows my comp down so much). This was a total joy to be able to whip through a Marathon game in just a day. Thank you thank you thank you!

EDIT: Bug report. I chose not to install most of the extra civs, but the game looked for them anyway when it loaded. I got error reports that Swiss and Iroquois units weren't found (these are civs I didn't install) during the loading process. Not a fatal error. I also got the same Revolution error Alexej described:
Other - Error in EndPlayerTurn event handler <bound method revolution onEndPlayerTurn <Revolution Revolution instance 0x69CD1350>> with Revolutions activated

EDIT: Bug report. I chose not to install most of the extra civs, but the game looked for them anyway when it loaded. I got error reports that Swiss and Iroquois units weren't found (these are civs I didn't install) during the loading process.

odd, will have to try that myself, they are not handled any differently than the other optional civs.

I guess from a loading of directories perspective their dirs are always searched for, as there is no easy way to make that optional with all the different options you could select, but since the dir does not exist, that should have been the end of that.

Not a fatal error. I also got the same Revolution error Alexej described:

That I will have to leave to Revolutions, fixing that is beyond my skills ;)

After doing more testing (huge empire, despotism, slavery, organized religion without holy city in borders), I found that Revolutions will not spawn new civilizations, no matter how hard you press it. I had extreme danger in most of my cities, but the worst I could get was a small revolt in the cities. I got plenty of "Revolution is in the Air!" popups, and

"Your Citizens Are Growing Restless." The error message I got over and over was:
"Error in EndPlayerTurn event handler <bound method Revolution.onEndPlayerTurn of <Revolution.Revolution instance at 0x7B0BAF08>>"

It looks like this was happening when a breakaway civ was supposed to form.

Perhaps the game can't make a new civ because of something that needs to be done with integrating Revolutions properly with the mod? Or perhaps its a broken version of Revolutions?

Congratulations, Sword of Geddon, on 12,000 posts.

Hopefully time well-spent. :) I've been a member for almost 11 years, but I've taken many breaks.

Mamba, I'm playing with Revolutions turned off (sadly) and everything is working great.

Okay, I'm near the end of my first full game on Diversica, and have some end game feedback. This is the second one I've played; the first was with Revolutions enabled, and I had to start over because of errors. The second one (without Revolutions) was an absolute blast. Thank you; that was the most fun I've had playing Civ for awhile.

A few units seem to have their Civ-specific color not showing. Ones I noticed were War Elephants (can't recall which one, but it may have been either Khmer or Babylon) and Babylon's Paratrooper. You know the bright bluish (or is it violet? I'm not sure because I'm colorblind) tone that is supposed to get replaced with the Civ color? At least that's the way it was in Civ3, so I'm assuming it still is that way. Instead of the proper civ color, that bright blue/violet color was showing.

The graphics for Arcology, Arcology Shielding, and Deflector Shielding are too big and obtrusive. They are made to appear concentrically, with each dome inside the prerequisite before it. When you build all three, it is almost impossible to see what is on the land tiles immediately surrounding your cities. Would it be possible to have these graphics replace the ones that come before them, rather than all appearing together inside one another? It would be simple enough to tell which one the city was upgraded to: Arcology is plain, Arcology shielding has one rotating energy field, and Deflector Shielding has 3 rotating lines in the energy field. If these just appeared as an overlay directly on top of one another, it might work.

I noticed some oddities with the Mech units. First, it appears that the Ultra Mech doesn't have a limited number of national units of it that can be built. Assault Mech maxes at 4, Behemoth Tank maxes at 2, and then it appears Ultra Mech is unlimited in the number you can have at one time. Is that intentional?

I was also surprised that out of the three Mech units, only Behemoth Tank had a required resource (Iron). It would be really nice to have Iron required for all 3, or Aluminum and Iron, since these are really large and tough units and it would make sense that you'd have to have a large amount of raw materials to build them. Too bad we don't have Titanium as a resource in the game; that would make a great required resource for the Mechs and the future aircraft.

I noticed that the Destroyer upgrades (Stealth Destroyer and Sensor Destroyer) all had the same strength as the normal Destroyer. I wasn't sure if that was intentional.

The strength of the Guided Missile is 40, but the strength of the Biological Warfare Missile is 14, even though it is higher up on the tech tree. Even with the +100% strength vs. certain types of units, this still seems oddly weak.

Lastly, I noticed that when one of my vassals researched the Astrogation technology, the tech was not available on their list for them to trade it to me. They had been able to trade all their earlier techs with me, so this seemed odd. I have technology brokering disabled, but I'm sure he researched it himself because I watched him finish it (via passive research spying) and no one else has researched it, so he couldn't have gotten it from anyone else. I wonder if it's an oddity about this particular tech.

Really good mod but I have two problems to report
First is the korean modern tank which is a red ball
Secondary the hungarian marine is broken, his neck too long and his rifle at his left and nothing in his hands.:eek:

Sorry for long time not talked for a moment, did'nt find a way to fix the leaderheads music.:(
Nethertheless,Thank you for this good mod, keep up the good work.:goodjob:

It's a bit necro, but maybe someone will be able to help.

I enjoy games with normal building and recruintment speeds but with long research speed (much slower than at marathon). Usually it's easily done in gamespeedinfo.xml by increasing 'researchpercent". In Diversica however changes made in this file seem to affect for example start date but NOT research speed (I found and changed odyssey speed file). I can increase it to 1000 or more and there's no visible result in game. It's like the game is reading some changes from the file (I'm using my own date settings and I know they work in game) but not others (because research speed is not affected by my changes). Does anyone know why it happens? Is the research speed governed by something else?

In general, there are also modifiers for Research in the EraInfos & WorldInfo files.

In addition, you might want to have a look at the BBAI TechDiffusion_GlobalDefines.xml file (directly in XML folder).

However, I have no idea how the 'Odyssey' Speed can work in a Modular form (I'm not really playing Diversica).

I really like this mod but i can't find a fix for the diplomacy music

anyone have a fix for the diplo music? lol it's been years and it still drives me nuts that the diplo music is bugged and was never fixed.
or maybe somone out here who don't have an issue with diversica diplo music can maybe upload their diversica mod folder so I can download it? Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom