[BtS] Polynesia mod for Varietas Delectat

Polynesia is one of the civs in the next module pack for my mod. I am redoing both the Salamasina and Kamehameha LHs. Mainly because I think they could be a lot better, Salamasina doesn't look authentic enough, at least not what she is wearing (I'm a bit picky) and Kamehmeha looks thrown together in NifSkope at least. So I have started on both of them again, here are a few images/previews for you...

This first one is Salamasina. I don't know how accurate this is historically, but I think it looks really good.

This next one is the new Kamehameha. I still have some texturing issues to resolve, but so far I think it looks pretty good, and this time the arms will work and match his body movements.

If you guys have any suggestions you can leave them in my Leaderhead gallery. The link is in my signature.

Polynesia updated to v2.0
------------------------------

Changelog

- new LH graphics (The Capo, optimized a bit by avain)
- added Polynesian rifleman
- added Polynesian explorer
- South Pacific citystyle
- Marae size corrected

Looks awesome! What's the citylist, if I may ask?

EDIT: (Saipan is Micronesian, not Polynesian, IIRC)

Maybe, I missed it, but, what were the traits for the two leaders and the starting techs for the "Empire".
I spoke to a friend of mine, whose wife is native Hawaiian, and spent alot of time there.
He suggested Kamehameha as [EXP/SPI] with Fishing and Mysticism techs.
We also noticed that you chose the Aztec Jaguar Swordsman style, and not a Hawaiian Spearman (w/1st strike) or a Maori Pounamu "Swordsman".
I also might have thought Polynesia would have had a UU of an galley that could travel accross oceans (to reach other islands or continents).
With at least 3 different UU possibilities for the different islands, how can this one Empire not be 3 empires, maybe more?
This reminds me of the Native American situation.
Multiple tribes with their own unique traits and units, where, it would make since to have 2-3 different tribes.
I like the introduction of Polynesia into Civ4. It is definitely missing.

Played this mod the other night and was absolutely brilliant. Someone mentioned a boomerang thrower for the aborigines? Would it be possible to use the grenadier animations/effects and swap the effects with a boomerang?

Hi, cool mod, but unfortunately the city art isn't showing for me. If I build some buildings in the city some will show, some not, and some have bright red blobs. Any idea what might be going wrong?
Cheers!

Top Bottom