[NFP] Bug or mod problem? Active volcanoes look extinct since april patch.

I don't understand--I've had all of these things and I have
Spoiler active volcanoes :
, and all of them show the graphics. This is fresh in my mind because i had a river flood three times in about ten turns. :/ Is there an issue with them in the graphics settings?

Last edited:
Please confirm if this happens only on certain maps. I stopped using TSL maps because rivers dont have labels, floods dont occur, and dams are unplaceable.

I am not sure with other disasters.

On my regular shuffle map, everything works fine.

Please confirm if this happens only on certain maps. I stopped using TSL maps because rivers dont have labels, floods dont occur, and dams are unplaceable.

I am not sure with other disasters.

On my regular shuffle map, everything works fine.
All I can say for sure is all my floods look as if theyre being stopped by a dam even tho they arent on all the standard sized continents maps ive played on (thats the only map type i play)

Also I noticed that floods and draughts strike twice on the same spot just some turns from each other in a lot of instances.

Also I noticed that floods and draughts strike twice on the same spot just some turns from each other in a lot of instances.

Disasters have always been “streaky” like this. Usually there is a Mummy’s Curse city somewhere that gets All The Droughts in just about every game I’ve played

Disasters have always been “streaky” like this. Usually there is a Mummy’s Curse city somewhere that gets All The Droughts in just about every game I’ve played
But having a flood hit in two consecutive turns is a bit much, and I have seen that happen a lot since the patch.

Not unreasonable - floods do cluster IRL and so do eruptions. I think this is a mod problem. I've not noticed an absence of disaster graphics myself..

Not unreasonable - floods do cluster IRL and so do eruptions. I think this is a mod problem. I've not noticed an absence of disaster graphics myself..
I am not using a single mod. Never have.

just short: flood barriers dont show either...

This, unfortunately.
Re-loading the save did help for the existing ones (and those under construction), but new ones were invisible again.
(It might have also been the case, that at one point all stopped being visible again, though. I haven’t tracked this bug down in the one game I played since the patch went live.)

I started a new random map game with apocalypse mode active. The polar ice caps flooded early in that game mode and there was no update to the terrain texture except for pillaged improvements / districts. I also noticed the active volcanoes looked dead. I tried to save and reload but it still didn't change. Then I quit to the main menu and loaded the save and everything was working as it should so that seems to be a work around at the moment.

In the last game I played the FX for draughts wouldn't show up at all. All I got was a close up of the "affected" areas. The usual dust was missing.

I’m on console and it’s always been like this, especially droughts

There is usually one city that literally gets all of them

I’m on console and it’s always been like this, especially droughts

There is usually one city that literally gets all of them
I get that, but currently a flood will hit you and right again next turn, without the first one even gone. Same for droughts, I noticed. You end up having two droughts on the same area at the same time.
It doesn't happen all the time, mind ye, but normally a drought has to be over before the next one hits that area.

I've played two games since the patch, both on Pangea maps. I've seen all of the usual effects and no visual bugs like the ones reported here. I'm using a few minor UI mods, but nothing else.

Just another data point, I guess.

I get that, but currently a flood will hit you and right again next turn, without the first one even gone. Same for droughts, I noticed. You end up having two droughts on the same area at the same time.
It doesn't happen all the time, mind ye, but normally a drought has to be over before the next one hits that area.
thats well... normal

thats well... normal
What is normal? Stacking floods and droughts?
In all the years I played, I have never had a drought hit an area that already had a drought (They stay for quite a while). Or a flood hit a river that still is flooded over the banks. Especially not right the next turn. Currently it happens to me more often than not, which is odd. I am not using any mods, either.
I even got the flood fertilization for each instance, each time on different plots, but in two consecutive turns.

What is normal? Stacking floods and droughts?
In all the years I played, I have never had a draught hit an area that already had a draught. Or a flood hit a river that still is flooded over the banks. Especially not right the next turn. Currently it happens to me more often than not, which is odd. I am not using any mods, either.
I even got the flood fertilization for each instance, each time on different plots, but in two consecutive turns.

I've had this happen plenty of times. Especially the floods. It's not a recent change.

I've had this happen plenty of times. Especially the floods. It's not a recent change.
I might just have been lucky, but in terms of droughts it makes no sense, since they stick around. What number of turns is it gonna display, when you hover over the affected plot? The number of drought 1? Drought 2? Both?

I might just have been lucky, but in terms of droughts it makes no sense, since they stick around. What number of turns is it gonna display, when you hover over the affected plot? The number of drought 1? Drought 2? Both?

I'm not sure that I've seen a double drought. I don't often get droughts, though. But I've definitely seen the back-to-back floods many times.

Top Bottom