• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reporting

If you are running a mod, BUG will no longer look in the CustomAssets folders for its config files. This was causing problems with people running BUFFY and BUG (in CA) since BUFFY would see BUG's config files.

The easiest solution is to copy BUG into VD so it runs as a mod. Just copy everything in CustomAssets to VD's Assets folder, creating one if necessary. BUG will use your existing settings files.

The problem with this is that every mod you run, including the ones that ship with BTS, cause BUG to fail. We can't copy BUG into every single mod we try, doesn't this defeat the purpose of having it run from custom assets in the first place?

For those of us that don't use BUFFY but do run lots of different mods, is there some way of reverting this back to 4.0 behaviour?

For those of us that don't use BUFFY but do run lots of different mods, is there some way of reverting this back to 4.0 behaviour?

I could have BUG look for init.xml (the initially loaded config file) in the Mods folder. If it's found there, it will ignore the CA folder for the others. If it's not found there, it will look in CustomAssets for all of them. This way if you have BUG/BUFFY/BAT installed as a mod and BUG in CustomAssets, they won't clash.

I'll be putting out some fixes as 4.1.1 this weekend, and I'll see if I can get this working before then.

In the meantime, modify line 619 of Python/BUG/BugPath.py from this

Code:
if not isNoCustomAssets() [s][COLOR="Red"]and not isMod()[/COLOR][/s]:

to this

Code:
if not isNoCustomAssets():

The 4.1.1 solution sounds like a good one, thanks for this and the temporary fix too!

I could have BUG look for init.xml (the initially loaded config file) in the Mods folder. If it's found there, it will ignore the CA folder for the others. If it's not found there, it will look in CustomAssets for all of them. This way if you have BUG/BUFFY/BAT installed as a mod and BUG in CustomAssets, they won't clash.

I'll be putting out some fixes as 4.1.1 this weekend, and I'll see if I can get this working before then.

In the meantime, modify line 619 of Python/BUG/BugPath.py from this

Code:
if not isNoCustomAssets() [s][COLOR="Red"]and not isMod()[/COLOR][/s]:

to this

Code:
if not isNoCustomAssets():

Thank you. I had a thought that there could be a change in installer options to handle this also?

Thank you. I had a thought that there could be a change in installer options to handle this also?

Anything I do with the installer a) wouldn't work with the ZIP and b) would have to be checked for with Python anyway, so I may as well check for something that's already there and will be there with the ZIP (init.xml).

In BUFFY we have the lovely "go to unless you see enemy" (ie. sentry-type), same for healing. I decided to check out BAT graphics, so installed it as mod too (standard install) expecting the same functionality. But.. it's not there. What am I missing?

In BUFFY we have the lovely "go to unless you see enemy" (ie. sentry-type), same for healing. I decided to check out BAT graphics, so installed it as mod too (standard install) expecting the same functionality. But.. it's not there. What am I missing?

I believe BAT uses the standard version of BULL, but there's no reason it couldn't use the other options from BUFFY. I'll remind Alerum of this for the next release.

If you can compile a DLL, you can download the BULL sources and create your own build with those options turned on. They are compile-time options and cannot be turned on with an XML file unfortunately.

I don't know if it is good place but...

I noticed that my Health icon in th game is not pretty cross anymore. I think it is a bug that you accidentally put in a face there. If it is a feature, then how do I return the cross back because I have low vision and hat cross is easier for me to distingush from unhealthiness icon.

I don't know if it is good place but...

I noticed that my Health icon in th game is not pretty cross anymore. I think it is a bug that you accidentally put in a face there. If it is a feature, then how do I return the cross back because I have low vision and hat cross is easier for me to distingush from unhealthiness icon.

Can you please provide a screenshot? As far as I know BUG doesn't replace any existing graphics--it only adds new ones. I see the standard health cross still.

Can you please provide a screenshot? As far as I know BUG doesn't replace any existing graphics--it only adds new ones. I see the standard health cross still.

Here you go.

It looks like whatever mod BUG is merged with there has modified either the DLL or the font file. Notice that the unhealthiness :)yuck:) and the happiness :))) icons are using the Cautious icon (gray semi-not-smiling face). Also the healthiness :)health:) is using the Annoyed icon (dark green unhappy face) as you mentioned. What mod(s) are you using?

It looks like whatever mod BUG is merged with there has modified either the DLL or the font file. Notice that the unhealthiness :)yuck:) and the happiness :))) icons are using the Cautious icon (gray semi-not-smiling face). Also the healthiness :)health:) is using the Annoyed icon (dark green unhappy face) as you mentioned. What mod(s) are you using?

Rise of Mankind with Afforess' modmod pack 1.4beta5.

Now I'm heading over to Afforess' thread to report this.
Thanks.

Rise of Mankind with Afforess' modmod pack 1.4beta5.

Now I'm heading over to Afforess' thread to report this.
Thanks.

Uh-oh. What did I do wrong...

It shows up fine on my game, it must be some issue with my installer...

I've seen all icons disappear as if the game cannot find the gamefont.tga file, but never different icons. It looks like the constants defined in the DLL are mismatched with the font file.

I've seen all icons disappear as if the game cannot find the gamefont.tga file, but never different icons. It looks like the constants defined in the DLL are mismatched with the font file.

Where are the constants defined in the DLL? I've never touched the Gamefonts. And I've never seen Os79's bug in my game...

repost from another part of the forum (after advice)

I am running civ 4 with BTS and patch 3.19, and the Native American Knights just have a blob where the unit should be. I can't remember the colour of it, (possibly pink or red) as the last time it happened was a few weeks ago and my current game didn't load the Native Americans so I can't post a screenshot, but surely I am not alone in this.

Also Washington looks like he is wearing eyeshadow!

I am also running BUG+BAT mod, not sure if that is important or not.

Can anyone please tell me how/where to download and install the individual units and leaderhead or how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

If you can compile a DLL, you can download the BULL sources and create your own build with those options turned on. They are compile-time options and cannot be turned on with an XML file unfortunately.

Currently I don't have any development system installed on windows, pretty much hoping I'll never need one really.. However, wasn't MS C-compiler available freely from their website? Otherwise I think I have some old Visual Studio somewhere, but it's probably from the last millenium, so would need to get creative in who I can get to pay for it this time (as I'm specifically hoping to not need that for work).

I am running civ 4 with BTS and patch 3.19, and the Native American Knights just have a blob where the unit should be.

Please see my reply in the BAT graphics thread.

Currently I don't have any development system installed on windows, pretty much hoping I'll never need one really.

Search for Refar's guide. It details all that you need to do to compile the DLL freely on Windows. In short, you need Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 and the WIndows Platform SDK to do the compilation. You'll also need to download a few free libraries linked to from the guide.

BTS 3.19 w/ UP 3.19 : BAT 2.0 & BUG 4.1 : RoM 2.8beta

Alerts show only repeated lines of: "BugOptions - failed writing INI file '%s'

Tried making changes on the Alerts Tab of BugOptions - no change.

1. What did I do wrong?

2. How do I fix it?

Top Bottom