Bug Reports and Discussion

Have had demon champions from hellfire appear on volcano.
Volcano code seems to turn plot into flatlands. Hellfire code checks for flatlands. Other spawn code may be affected as well. For example Hyborem startup code uses "isPeak" which probably returns 'False' (not tested). Likelihood of it happening for Hyborem is very small of course - unlike for hellfire.

--

Ok, thanks. Tested it again and actually got a tech from it. Edited post.

The underlying terrain for mountains is actually a desert plot with a mountain (or volcano also if that is added) on top of it. Best I can tell peaks are not replaced like any other terrain type is so have to be careful for ANY code that doesn't specifically account for isPeak. When I wrote up the ability to allow my mages to fly they all of the sudden got the ability to cast spring on a mountain tile, does nothing important for the human usually but the AI and hell terrain gets odd around it if you don't fix your code.

I think I figured this one out. It seems to happen with mods add new options to the options menu. So when you switch too or from these mods the ini file that stores the options gets reset. I havent found anything that can really fix this other than getting used to resetting your options each time you switch from one of these mods to another.

Honestly that's just absurdly inconvenient, I play with lots of different mods, and the only option this one adds is Nuclear dissuasion, which I will remind everybody who is paying attention is utterly pointless in a mod set in a fantasy world that doesn't even have nukes! Auric Ascended uses nuke mechanics, yes, but when he is in ply it doesn't matter what the AI thinks anymore does it?

Quoting myself from Magistermodmod because he told me I should bother Tholal about it. :lol:

I fixed some of the weirdness of in-game barbarian city placement

I just removed the reference to AI_foundValue altogether for Barbarians (commit). That function was made for civilizations and isnt really appropriate for standard FFH barbarians. Seems to work well enough for me. Thanks for the offer, though!

Quoting myself from Magistermodmod because he told me I should bother Tholal about it. :lol:

OK. I didn't really understand your quote though. Can you restate the issue?

OK. I didn't really understand your quote though. Can you restate the issue?

Whenever I launch the game without a mod or a different mod than Magistermod all the options get reset, like e.g. Minimise Popups, show friendly movement, graphics, audio etc. I suspect it is because the mod now included the "Nuclear Dissuasion" game option, which doesn't even serve any purpose.

I just removed the reference to AI_foundValue altogether for Barbarians (commit). That function was made for civilizations and isnt really appropriate for standard FFH barbarians. Seems to work well enough for me. Thanks for the offer, though!

I was referring to cities being created after starting a game, not by the barbarian world gameoption. The former are created by a different function (CvGame::createBarbarianCities()) that greatly prefers placing cities on inhabited continents (also some of the revolution code is clearly disfunctional, see discussion linked above). That code is still in MNAI.

I suspect it is because the mod now included the "Nuclear Dissuasion" game option, which doesn't even serve any purpose.

I see. I'll remove it.

I was referring to cities being created after starting a game, not by the barbarian world gameoption. The former are created by a different function (CvGame::createBarbarianCities()) that greatly prefers placing cities on inhabited continents (also some of the revolution code is clearly disfunctional, see discussion linked above). That code is still in MNAI.

OK. I'll check out the discussion and your code changes. Thanks!

I've been playing some FFH2 (+MNAI) lately for the first time in a while, and hit two very minor issues that threw Python exceptions (which is the main reason I'm reporting them) that I couldn't find referenced anywhere.

In a game as the Khazad, I was at war with the Luchuirp, who were in the process of having their priests Inquisition their cities. I'm afraid I didn't save the exact Python exception, but I am pretty sure it's being caused by e.g. the following line (this is in reqInquisition but there's a similar call in spellInquisition):

Code:
		if (StateBelief != gc.getPlayer(pCity.getOwner()).getStateReligion()):

If the city's ownership changes suddenly while Inquisition is being casted (I think), a Python exception is generated because (for a moment) the city has no owner. The exact message I was getting is "NoneType has no attribute getStateReligion()". So I think that was was happening here... I don't think this is actually a problem because Inquisition should fail when the city is conquered, but it should fail less noisily. :)

Second: this probably has existed for a while, but I couldn't find any trace of it.

Because the signature of the calculate(Total)BestNatureYield method(s) changed some time ago from passing a TeamType to passing a PlayerType, two Firaxis mapscripts from vanilla, Archipelago and Islands, will be broken when attempting to call these method(s) in assignStartingPlots.

I fired up Archipelago out of curiosity, because it's been so long I couldn't remember what the generic Civ mapscripts really looked like, and was surprised that I hit a Python error.

The initial error generated was:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "Archipelago", line 342, in assignStartingPlots

ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    CyPlot.calculateBestNatureYield(CyPlot, CvPythonExtensions.YieldTypes, CvPythonExtensions.TeamTypes)
did not match C++ signature:
    calculateBestNatureYield(class CyPlot {lvalue}, enum YieldTypes, enum PlayerTypes)
ERR: Python function assignStartingPlots failed, module Archipelago

Unfortunately the only way I can think to fix this is that MNAI should ship modified copies of Archipelago and Islands with the function call corrected.

I'm happy to open bugs / pull requests against the bitbucket repository for both of these, if you want.

Unfortunately the only way I can think to fix this is that MNAI should ship modified copies of Archipelago and Islands with the function call corrected.

I'm happy to open bugs / pull requests against the bitbucket repository for both of these, if you want.

Yes, that would be great! Thanks!

Im using version 2.63 and the Barbarian World option does not work. No barbarian cities are placed on the map when I choose this option.

I switched to 2.7 and the barbarian world option is working again, but the cities are clumped very close together more often than not. The distribution is very uneven.

I ran some more maps (fractal, global highlands, Earth 2) and the barbarian cities are always in the southern hemisphere for some reason.

(V2.6) I noticed that if I spend gold to rush a unit (in this case paramander) and the road connecting with iron just got destroyed, then I lose the gold and don't build the unit (it says unit can't be produced even though I just completed it by rushing with gold the turn before).

Hi

Trying to install the mod but the automatic folder detection doesn't find file and the OK button is greyed out so that it will not allow me to select the folder manually. If I type in the folder location manually (D:\Steam SSD\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\) the install button is greyed out.

Running windows 10 if that matters.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Never mind I had wrong location and it is now installed! Should have been D:\Steam SSD\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword

Hi there

I just installed 2.7beta4 and ran into a weird problem that never happened before. On the main game screen (the first one), there is no text anymore. Nothing shows up where we would normally read "solo" or "mutlijoueur". If i try to launch a game, it launched but no XML key are found (surprise...).

I'm playing with the game in french by the way. I've no problem with the last stable version 2.63. I did not try beta 2 and 3.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks :) . And keep up the good work. I love what you are doing.

I just tried to change the language to english. It seems to work. I guess the problem is quite simple. I'll play in english until the problem is fixed (or is it a personal problem?)

I just tried to change the language to english. It seems to work. I guess the problem is quite simple. I'll play in english until the problem is fixed (or is it a personal problem?)

Apparently one of the text files is missing a language tag and if it's missing even just one then it breaks that language.

I do think that too. But i don't know enough the files to know where the problem is exactly.

Top Bottom