Bug reports and technical difficulties

Coal was used to create heavy infantry and heavy cavalry, but Srpt removed it from the game. I think to balance late game.

Also, you can only build lumber mills on dense forests if I am not mistaken.. I will check that now

I tested to check if the Numidians re spawn as the Huns and it happen again on my roman empire game. So this is a major bug that affect the game for the Huns, not getting the forces they need to attack the roman empire and instead the Numidians get there main forces. Also I found another big bug if you switch from slavery to wage labor your empire will still have slaves in the empire.

I am playing a Bactrian game at the moment, I am close to your date so if this happens to me as well I will post it.. Though in my previous Tocharian game everything was ok.

I am not sure that if you switch from slavery the slaves will disappear, you simply can't capture any new slaves.

This pic is from the Huns spawn (they also spawned in Ukraine and Georgia), there is no bug.

Your pic is from the Avars I guess, so I will play a little more to see what happens next (though, as I already said, I doubt there will be a bug too).

Edit

It seems that you are right, the numidians spawned as the Avars, though they didn't get their name and leaderhead. The most weird of all though is that they spawned well earlier than they should ! They should spawn no earlier than 560 AD.

I had a look at the code and did some tricks, and I am trying them now on a Visigothic 220 AD game. If the code behaves well I will upload it

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0041.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0041.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 184
OK, I fixed it!

Sorry for the triple post! I just wanted you to notice that I solved it!

It was a typo in barbs.py, srpt had put the numidians spawn for the Attila event. I corrected it and now Attila is Hun !!

I will upload it later !

I am playing a Bactrian game at the moment, I am close to your date so if this happens to me as well I will post it.. Though in my previous Tocharian game everything was ok.

I am not sure that if you switch from slavery the slaves will disappear, you simply can't capture any new slaves.

That's what I assumed that too after seeing the slaves still around in the cities. You were not able to catch new slaves, but after looking at the in-game civpedia, it states that the slaves in cities should disappear once you switch out of slavery. So I tried testing it out by switching to serfdom and the slaves in cities do get removed.

So i guess that it doesn't work if you make a direct switch from slavery to wage labor? You would have to go through a progression from slavery to serfdom and then to wage labor to remove slaves in city? I don't know if this is intended or a bug because you can easily just progress to wage labor without researching serfdom.

OK, I fixed it!

Sorry for the triple post! I just wanted you to notice that I solved it!

It was a typo in barbs.py, srpt had put the numidians spawn for the Attila event. I corrected it and now Attila is Hun !!

I will upload it later !

Thanks Sitalkas, I'll be testing your update in my new dacian game. I'll try to do some testing time on china civs to see if they are stable in longer term game.

Also, I've noticed that in the mid to late game, the mercenary pool seems to dry up. You tend to not see a mercenary available for like 50 turns or they just never show up anymore.

I've noticed the mercs thing and I think srpt was aware of it too. Don't know what causes it.

I am at 600 AD now and I can hire mercs swordsmen from India. But earlier in the game I couldn't .. I think it has to do with the date and the areas you control

I love this mod, but lately I've noticed in my games the Saka spawn early (turn 88/188 BC). This wouldn't be so much of an issue, except they spawn in Northern China, Korea, and the Tarim basin a few turns after the Xiongnu show up. It kind of throws you for loop when playing as either the Qin, Han, Gojoseon, or Tocharians.
Is this suppose to happen? I've attached a few screen shots to show exactly where they pop up.

eta: I forgot to mention, whether or not the Saka are completely wiped out from the region, they will spawn again later on in the game at their correct Northwest Indian locations.

Attachments

• saka spawn 1.jpg
    saka spawn 1.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 195
  • saka spawn 2.jpg
    saka spawn 2.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 215
  • saka spawn 3.jpg
    saka spawn 3.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 185
  • saka spawn 4.jpg
    saka spawn 4.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 194
  • saka spawn 5.jpg
    saka spawn 5.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 222
I love this mod, but lately I've noticed in my games the Saka spawn early (turn 88/188 BC). This wouldn't be so much of an issue, except they spawn in Northern China, Korea, and the Tarim basin a few turns after the Xiongnu show up. It kind of throws you for loop when playing as either the Qin, Han, Gojoseon, or Tocharians.
Is this suppose to happen? I've attached a few screen shots to show exactly where they pop up.

eta: I forgot to mention, whether or not the Saka are completely wiped out from the region, they will spawn again later on in the game at their correct Northwest Indian locations.

Hey sojulatte, just a question did you download Sitalkas fixes? Has this always been happening?

I will check my fixes shortly and see what happens. I think that the first invasion shouldn't be happening, only the 2nd is the valid one.

edit
OK I found the bug. Srpt intended to create a second wave of Xiongnu attackers, some turns after their initial spawn. He miss-typed the 2nd wave as 'sakas" though, so we had this early sakas' attack! I will fix it and upload it shortly!

Saba's 3rd UHV will complete before they've spread Incense merchants to 5 regions. It might be because it just checks for the corporation in all regions instead of just how many times the Incense Merchants unit has been used.

As Roman Galley approaches to the Strait of Messina at the start they make contact with Chola. Worldbuilder shows no Indian units in Mediterranean. Might be old catapult contact in forest?

not sure about the Chola contact

I think the nomad civ identity problems are fixed now

slavery issue fixed. the code wasn't properly identifying the settled slaves

Saba's 3rd goal was actually set to automatically succeed at the deadline. its fixed now

The Bactrian golden age didn't trigger when I completed the first two condition's. It said "yes" for both, so it isn't a "by"-vs.-"in" issue.

@Tigranes
It seems weird you can't find any Indian units - the Cholas regularly send a ship to the Med. It's how I've been getting Organized Religion to build Hellenic temples.

perhaps it was a merchant ship. they disappear when they perform their trade mission.

looking into the Bactrian issue.

edit: tested the Bactrians. WB'd the 1st 2 goals and got the GA

If you raze Chinese cities for the Gojoseon UHV 1, the UHV 3 doesn't fail (this may be intended?) but if you raze any, the 2nd part of the first UHV doesn't succeed until you actually control 3 cities. However, the counter will say 3/3 cities captured, but the UHV will not succeed.

For Armenia, the only thing that appears in their victory screen is the 1st UHV

If you raze Chinese cities for the Gojoseon UHV 1, the UHV 3 doesn't fail (this may be intended?) but if you raze any, the 2nd part of the first UHV doesn't succeed until you actually control 3 cities. However, the counter will say 3/3 cities captured, but the UHV will not succeed.

For Armenia, the only thing that appears in their victory screen is the 1st UHV

those should be fixed in svn 255

Top Bottom