Bug reports and technical issues

It's an old bug and back in the day I couldn't fix it.

If you want me to give it another try then saves saves saves. Before and after the switch.

Thanks, most of that are things which can be addressed without too much work (i.e. writing new texts).

For the wonder names, even though my linguistic intuition is probably not as reliable as yours considering I'm an ESL person, I think in some cases the "The" needs to be there. These are cases where it's a proper instead of a descriptive name (just "Colossus" sounds weird) or it's a specific building with a generic name. E.g. there are many Great Libraries, but The Great Library refers to one specific library. For most of the new wonders I chose them quite arbitrarily though so I'll give it a look.

If that is your preference, is it possible to make the civilopedia entries sort without considering "The", it if exists?

That has thrown me off too on a few occasions, I don't know if the ordering of the list is exposed to me though.

For the wonder names, even though my linguistic intuition is probably not as reliable as yours considering I'm an ESL person, I think in some cases the "The" needs to be there. These are cases where it's a proper instead of a descriptive name (just "Colossus" sounds weird) or it's a specific building with a generic name. E.g. there are many Great Libraries, but The Great Library refers to one specific library. For most of the new wonders I chose them quite arbitrarily though so I'll give it a look.

To be fair, The Great Library of Alexandria was the specific 'great library'. Use of "The" (definite article) at the front isn't what provides specificity, it is use of Alexandria (or another place name) which does this. Similarly, The Colossus of Rhodes, The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, etc.

Because in the game wonders can be built in cities other than their single historical namesake, the use of both the place name and definite article "The" is somewhat redundant.

I believe that what sounds weird to you about "Colossus", when used without the definite article "The", is that you would be more familiar with "The Colossus of Rhodes". But really, when we are dropping the place name at the end, it is possible to also drop the definite article at the beginning also.

I always wonder whether Xi'an is exactly at its place now or it's too west from it's real location?

It's too far west from it's real location.

It's a note to myself to add a dynamic rename depending on era.

dynamic city name rename?
so that's how you differentiate Nordic and Swedish city name rename without using iLangViking and iLangSwedish, I guess?

No, it's just that the spot is either called Roskilde or Kobenhavn based on era.

Tried an English game on latest SVN, built Annapolis(on cow, NE from Washington) before Americans spawn, and it turns out that Americans didn't flip Annapolis, neither did they have any tech. There was no other city in their flip zone, then their settlers just wandered for about 10 turns, finally founded Buffalo and I instantly finished them.

Save from before their spawn?

I am having a problem when I spawn as the dutch. I can't find Amsterdam because it is under French territory. I tried to go a few turns more but it still wouldn't let me found a city.

I'm sorry, that happens sometimes for unknown reasons. I recommend using the world builder to give yourself cultural control over the tile.

Couple bugs of Columbia:

1. Bogota has no palace when it flips to Columbia, you have to build it by yourself

2. The 3rd UHV will be accomplished when you gain your 1st Great General, I think it's linked to Maya's 3rd UHV.

By the way, maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that Peru respawns frequently in Normal speed, but not respawn in Epic speed, I wonder if there is something wrong with it. AI's Spain has a stability of Shaky almost every time, though.

Thanks, will be corrected with the next commit (I'll play Colombia by myself before release in case of more problems).

Top Bottom