Bug reports and technical issues

Split the button in two buttons "dra" and "lave" :D
Splitting the button would be too much already. Maybe slavery should get the preference though?

Theatres give 2 :c5happy: per 10% :culture: rate. Description says 1 :c5happy: per 10% :culture:.

Would that mean that you'd enslave in Sub-Sahara and draft everywhere else? That would be great. Drafting a military that fights for you and enslaving population to work for you in the same city seems weird anyway.
Exactly. Changing that is just a matter of rearranging the interface checks.

Theatres give 2 :c5happy: per 10% :culture: rate. Description says 1 :c5happy: per 10% :culture:.
I was confused about that for a while too, but you start the game with 1 :) per 10% culture already.

probably not really a bug, I just wanted to inform you in case it wasn't intentional:

it's the same option 3 times

edit:
it seems thats always the case:

(also: I could get Tibets capitol and only city? Oo)
Yeah, that's really a bug. And I don't think it should be possible to demand Tibet's capital (does it have Catholicism in it?) either.

yay, finally some slaves :D
so far I've played untill 1150 and Zara and Mali together (!) had 3 slaves for me in this entire game -.-

Rasa doesn't have Catholicism in it (but it has Buddhism and I founded Buddhism, maybe that's got something to do with it?)

Also, but I think this won't really be possible for you since its more of a BUG-mod thing:
is there a way to get "Mansa Musa offers Slave"-messages similar to the "wants to trade <Resource/Tech>"?

edit:
a few turns later (1180, above was 1130-1150) I checked Rasa - it has 55% Chinese culture. All tiles east of it already belong to me now (17% Tibetan, 7x % Chinese)
that's probably the reason

I don't understand this, it's not necessarily a bug but it's weird:

I am currently trying to get a secular URV with China. I entered the Industrial Era in 1140, first as a Catholic, so when I later switched to Secularism and discovered I had failed the third goal I was a bit pissed but reloaded nevertheless.
Now I switched to Secularism the turn before finishing steel (thanks Shewdagon) and only noticed a few turns later, that I still failed that goal.

I am pretty sure that there is no other civ even close to my techlevel, so why did I fail this goal?

I attached the save from 1130, when you switch to secularism you see that I failed the 3rd goal, but no civ has even a single tech I don't have (the Maya collapsed earlier but I talked to them and they were way backwards)

I don't know if anyone has posted about this, but I think the second Russian UHV is bugged - specifically, the Trans-Siberian railroad part. I founded Moskva on the spot and I have a Pacific port city that is on a tile labeled "Siberia" on the cursor tooltip, with a continuous railroad connection between the two. I noticed that the UHV checker didn't check off the victory goal when I completed it like it usually does. I kept playing past 1920 (the cutoff date) but I didn't get a "goal failed" message until 1930 (after I was already the first to finish the Manhattan Project and was way ahead of Korea who was also building the Apollo Program at the time. I've posted autosaves from just after when the railroad condition should have triggered and after 1930. Does the game require the port to be somewhere farther south, like around Vladivostok? I'm also really curious if this has been fixed already. It's proven really difficult to navigate the forums and to find a link to the most current stable version of the mod (I don't use the svn.) As far as I can tell, I'm playing on version 1.9.

Oh, and another weird thing is that everyone talks about playing Argentina or Colombia or the Tamils but I don't see any of those civs. The attached Russia games are far enough into the modern era but I don't see them. Is this svn only right now? I'm on the most updated version of BTS through Steam.

Attachments

• Stalin AD-1907 Turn 595.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
  • Stalin AD-1935 Turn 623.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
@Slave button:
I agree with both Leoreth's and Chep's ideas. African cities should have the slave button and other the draft. You shouldn't be able to draft in a city you have enslaved (however, this is trivial, doing both enslaving and drafting costs a lot of unhapiness and population). Drafting should be enabled in african cities after enslaving. You can also make cities with baracks to give priority to drafting (so that Congo, Mali and Ethiopia can draft without enslaving).

@Tibetan capital:
You can requested, but Tibet will refuse to leave its city. In one game I was playing as Prussia, I requested Amsterdam, I won the votes, but Netherlands defyed the resolution.

@Secular victory:
AFAIK the game keeps information only about your current religion's URV status.

@Russian UHV:
The transiberian railroad must be inside your cutlural borders, I supose there is a gap near Yakuts.

@Argentina, Colombia:
Their debut is after v1.9.

no, according to Leoreth it doesnt (see: if you are hindu experience a golden age and then change religion and later change back it remembers that you had a hindu golden age)
also: it wouldn't matter, since by 1130 I was still in the Renaissance Era, so "the first to advance to industrial" wouldn't be affected even if nothing about my previous game were remembered

Also, but I think this won't really be possible for you since its more of a BUG-mod thing:
is there a way to get "Mansa Musa offers Slave"-messages similar to the "wants to trade <Resource/Tech>"?
That depends on how transparent the BUG implementation of this feature is.

a few turns later (1180, above was 1130-1150) I checked Rasa - it has 55% Chinese culture. All tiles east of it already belong to me now (17% Tibetan, 7x % Chinese)
that's probably the reason
Yes, that's it. But I don't think Catholic civs should be able to agree to hand over a non-Catholic city, regardless of its culture or capital status.

I don't understand this, it's not necessarily a bug but it's weird:

I am currently trying to get a secular URV with China. I entered the Industrial Era in 1140, first as a Catholic, so when I later switched to Secularism and discovered I had failed the third goal I was a bit pissed but reloaded nevertheless.
Now I switched to Secularism the turn before finishing steel (thanks Shewdagon) and only noticed a few turns later, that I still failed that goal.
The answer below is correct, the goals are only checked while you have the associated state religion. I don't remember my exact implementation, but in case of the tech/era goals this might be problematic since civs with different state religions can still make you fail.

I don't know if anyone has posted about this, but I think the second Russian UHV is bugged - specifically, the Trans-Siberian railroad part. I founded Moskva on the spot and I have a Pacific port city that is on a tile labeled "Siberia" on the cursor tooltip, with a continuous railroad connection between the two. I noticed that the UHV checker didn't check off the victory goal when I completed it like it usually does. I kept playing past 1920 (the cutoff date) but I didn't get a "goal failed" message until 1930 (after I was already the first to finish the Manhattan Project and was way ahead of Korea who was also building the Apollo Program at the time. I've posted autosaves from just after when the railroad condition should have triggered and after 1930. Does the game require the port to be somewhere farther south, like around Vladivostok? I'm also really curious if this has been fixed already. It's proven really difficult to navigate the forums and to find a link to the most current stable version of the mod (I don't use the svn.) As far as I can tell, I'm playing on version 1.9.

Oh, and another weird thing is that everyone talks about playing Argentina or Colombia or the Tamils but I don't see any of those civs. The attached Russia games are far enough into the modern era but I don't see them. Is this svn only right now? I'm on the most updated version of BTS through Steam.
The most recent downloadable version is 1.11. You can easily find it in the main thread in this forum "RFC Dawn of Civilization ...", or search it in the download database. I'm pretty sure that your specific bug is fixed there as well.

I just loaded an older save (190 AD) and gave myself the Shewdagon via worldbuilder and then switched to Secularism -> again, the Era-Goal failed.
And no one in this game even entered the Renaissance Era! so why have I already failed this goal?
Since the URV worked for youtien this seems to be something either brought up with the recent changes (doubt it) or because I did something special I shouldn't have (what?)

I don't have the code right now, I'll look it up later.

Giving techs with WB doesn't trigger the respective events anyway.

sorry for the many doubleposts I do here, I just want to inform when I notice something/have an idea.

The Seljuks currently seem to have 1 "bonus-city" that I can't find on the map. This is fine, else defeating them would be too easy. However as Byzantium I controlled Iran, so obviously I defeated the Seljuks (I even helped the Arabs) and then when the Mongols appeared with their stacks in Iran I beat them, however a few turns later "Mongol hordes invade Seljuk territory" and I have new stacks in my culture in Iran.
(as non-UHV-Byzantium defeating them is not too hard, but still it is sort of annoying when you have to deal with the Ottomans and the plague at that time as well)

also: please don't make an update that invalidates old saves, as I have just found a great start with Byzantium :D

Thanks for the quick responses, everyone. @Chep:
The transiberian railroad must be inside your cutlural borders, I supose there is a gap near Yakuts.
I bet that I was missing a tile or two of culture. Thanks for clearing that up.
@Leoreth: Thanks again for this amazing mod. My readme says I have version 1.9 which doesn't seem possible since the latest uploaded version is 1.11? Also, I love your "avatar." :mischief:

Small to large issue (depending on point of view) issue I noticed in my current game: America gets a really awkward start if they rebirth before their start date, which is what happened. Maybe move rebirth start date to 1780 (not sure what at currently, but it happened at 1770).

Top Bottom