Bug reports and technical issues

I'm aware that they conquered Jerusalem, but I'm confident that it didn't happen by magically converting all the defenders of the city to persians, teleporting them away from the city, and then later conquering the now-empty city with those exact same forces :)

Do you know how many units "teleport" and appear from nowhere in this mod :lol:? I don't like it either, and if Leoreth knew how to make Persians to conquer Jerusalem he would do it ASAP.

So after a long time not playing DoC, I felt it was time to get back on the action and update my SVN, but when load the mod it is like it is still on 1.11
What should I do ?

1. Start the mod from a scenario in the PublicMaps file.
2. Make sure your mod folder is called "RFC Dawn of Civilization" and is in your Beyond the Sword\Mods\ directory.

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug *as such*, for all I know the AI is just way, WAY too good at slingshotting tech....

But if various religions get established far too early, and Liberalism is discovered around the BC/AD changeover, that kinda ruins my immersion.
Playing as Egypt, normal game speed, Viceroy, SVN 615.

Persia discovered Liberalism in turn 141 (noted while playing)

Now, various religions had already popped up earlier than expected, but I didn't think too much of it at that time, but when Liberalism ALSO appeared, I got worried, so I checked the history playthrough when I completed my UHV (With a bazillion Roman barbarians standing ready to burn my cities..)

535 BC -Catholicism in Persian Jerusalem
520 BC -Islam, Persian Babylon
475 BC- Protestantism (it didn't mention where, though it did say Persia created the all saints church)

Now, it MAY be that all the history I've been told is mildly off, but this seems a bit too much.

That really sounds like a bug affected tech speed in some way.

I encountered a same bug in one game. In that game the super Persian AI founded Shiraz as capital!!! I think that if Persia controls a Jerusalem with 3 priests it gets a good boost in research, since all her cities are relatively small.

I just got some python exceptions in SVN 615 that look like they're scoreboard related in the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• englandex.jpg
    englandex.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 50
Leoreth, I think you went overboard with the "bonus for small cores" for the expansion stability.
In my recent domination victory with Arabia I had an expansion stability of 0 while owning a total of 60 cities all over the world.
My guess would be that the "bonus" was wrongly applied to the modifier (the -1 for historical/-3 for foreign/border) instead of the population.

I was playing a game on an outdated SVN that I had forgotten to update from a while ago. It showed both of the Independents and the Natives on the diplomacy board. I started as Ragnar and used Alt+Z to switch to France when it spawned. Russia spawned, and I wanted to experiment with a bigger Russia so I gave them a settler; although I messed up and and gave them an Egyptian one. I didn't want them to have early contact with Egypt (I'd forgotten that contacts aren't permanent in this mod), so I went back to my previous save. This time, Russia failed to spawn at all at 860 AD. So I went and updated the SVN. Now it says "failed to uncompress game data" when I try the save. What is happening?

1. Independents and Natives are shown only if you change the options.
2. FTUGD means something has changed and you can't load your save.

The prussian unit cost modifier is 0 due to "debugging reasons". What happened?

Leoreth, I think you went overboard with the "bonus for small cores" for the expansion stability.
In my recent domination victory with Arabia I had an expansion stability of 0 while owning a total of 60 cities all over the world.
My guess would be that the "bonus" was wrongly applied to the modifier (the -1 for historical/-3 for foreign/border) instead of the population.
Definitely not. Sounds more like you had a Python exception that disabled the stability calculation.

I was playing a game on an outdated SVN that I had forgotten to update from a while ago. It showed both of the Independents and the Natives on the diplomacy board. I started as Ragnar and used Alt+Z to switch to France when it spawned. Russia spawned, and I wanted to experiment with a bigger Russia so I gave them a settler; although I messed up and and gave them an Egyptian one. I didn't want them to have early contact with Egypt (I'd forgotten that contacts aren't permanent in this mod), so I went back to my previous save. This time, Russia failed to spawn at all at 860 AD. So I went and updated the SVN. Now it says "failed to uncompress game data" when I try the save. What is happening?
Cheating and WBing can mess with the scripting, especially with saving script data. I suppose that's what prevented the Russian spawn after reloading.

As already said, if the set of saved variables is modified between revisions, the game cannot unpack old savegames anymore and you get the "failed to uncompress game data" message.

The prussian unit cost modifier is 0 due to "debugging reasons". What happened?
Prussia tended to disband its starting units and was subsequently conquered by its neighbors because of the initial upkeep.

Moorish techs. AFAIK moors begin with a lot of techs, and the reduced cost (80% modifier plus their small pop plus their commerce output) makes them tech leaders. I included some saves to see their tech rate. I play as England.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0115.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0115.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 59
  • bug.rar
    3 MB · Views: 30
Cheating and WBing can mess with the scripting, especially with saving script data. I suppose that's what prevented the Russian spawn after reloading.

As already said, if the set of saved variables is modified between revisions, the game cannot unpack old savegames anymore and you get the "failed to uncompress game data" message.

I use WB for a half-hour straight every time I start up a game. I need to get the map in order.

That shouldn't happen on SVN.

Moorish techs. AFAIK moors begin with a lot of techs, and the reduced cost (80% modifier plus their small pop plus their commerce output) makes them tech leaders. I included some saves to see their tech rate. I play as England.
Why does low population increase their tech speed?

And a summary of your conclusions would be nice.

That shouldn't happen on SVN.
Why?

I want to get the latest updates and bugfixes. I want to play through an entire game without risking it all.

Suddenly, these goals are incompatible!

That's what comes with playing what is essentially the mod equivalent of open beta.

I usually announce in the commit log and/or SVN thread if an update breaks savegames (it doesn't happen that often), but sometimes I forget when it's a commit for changes that have accumulated over a couple of days.

Top Bottom