Bug reports and technical issues

I saw that hint, and as far as I can tell, there was no typo.

Playing v1.11.
Cannot take control of Mongol, get Aztecs.

Cannot offer cash or gpt in the trade UI after taking control of another civ.

Playing as Roman,colonized Iberia.My soldiers didn't flip to Moors and Spanish at the same time as I expected, only to Spanish.

Playing as China.I vassalized Khmer and the next turn they declare war on me.Thought it was scripted but it seems ridicolous.

When a vassal thinks a resource is of no value they refuse to give it as a tribute(if you ask for it they will declare war on you even when you get nukes and they have only archers.)

Greece research speed is crazy.I won a science victory in 1750(though I got 100+ stability penalty).Should have a research penalty as China has.

Playing Turks in the 1700 scenario,I did nothing and my empire broke into civil war in 5 turns.

Plague spread to Aztec and Inca occasionally when a diplomatic issue happens.

Don't know if fixed in svn versions.

An issue while playing China (I don't use SVN; pretty sure I'm running 1.11).

Early in the game I conquered Afrosiyab, not realizing that it is part of the Mongol flip zone (darn darn darn). However, when I'm given the choice of accepting or denying the flip, weird things start to happen.

1) Deny the flip, and 'my troops join their war of liberation.' The issue comes when my troops are taken and given to Mongolia despite being well away from the flip zone. It always seems to target troops led by a Great General, up to three tiles away from Mongolia's spawn/flip zone. This means I'm unable to garrison Beijing as their Keshiks advance. Heck, I'm barely able to garrison Luoyang.

2) Accept the flip (planning to reconquer Afrosiyab as soon as I'm able), and Mongolia receives both it *and* Beijing, the latter as their capital (any garrison in Beijing booted to a nearby tile). Moreover, and here's the wacky part, my troops continue to 'join their war of liberation' -- I imagine it's because even though I accepted the flip, I'm still at war with Mongolia from spawn. So I continue to hemorrhage soldiers.

Is this a known bug, and has it been addressed yet? Really frustrating, because I though the Mongol flip zone stopped short of Afrosiyab, and especially because I know their flip zone stops short of Beijing.

The Mongol flip is much more rational now when playing as China. At the very least, Beijing doesn't flip (which was pretty ridiculous to begin with).

2) Accept the flip (planning to reconquer Afrosiyab as soon as I'm able), and Mongolia receives both it *and* Beijing, the latter as their capital (any garrison in Beijing booted to a nearby tile). Moreover, and here's the wacky part, my troops continue to 'join their war of liberation' -- I imagine it's because even though I accepted the flip, I'm still at war with Mongolia from spawn. So I continue to hemorrhage soldiers.

Is this a known bug, and has it been addressed yet? Really frustrating, because I though the Mongol flip zone stopped short of Afrosiyab, and especially because I know their flip zone stops short of Beijing.

1. The unit desertion after accepting the flip is a known bug, and has been fixed in recent SVN.

2. Certain civs, such as Mongolia, have a larger flip zone when controlled by the AI. Afrosiyab/Samarkand is part of AI Mongolia's flip. Beijing shouldn't flip, though - and in the SVN version, it doesn't. Don't know if that's because of a fix or a problem on your end, though.

2. Certain civs, such as Mongolia, have a larger flip zone when controlled by the AI. Afrosiyab/Samarkand is part of AI Mongolia's flip.

This would have been very very useful information to know before, especially since the same also seems to apply to the Mughals (their human spawn/flip zone is western India, but for AI it apparently covers the whole of northern India, include Paliputra (or whatever the Chinese city-name is, I can't remember the spelling). Yeesh, these last few turns have been awful.

I was loading up a marathon game in the latest SVN and on the message bit it said:

Error in BeginGameTurn event handler <bound method CvRFCEventHandler.onBeginGameTurn of <CvRFCEventHandler.CvRFCEventHandler insance at 0x1B6621E8>>

When I spawned as the Arabs I noticed that the Ethiopians had not spawned (are they now a conditional spawn now?), pretty much all my spawn zone was Barbarian and it did not flip to me (is this normal with Barbarian cities?) and Islam had been founded elsewhere. The last one is just a balancing issue, which has happened other times I've tried spawning as the Arabs, but are Ethiopia no longer a mandatory spawn and do Barb cities not flip? Maybe these aren't bugs at all.

I was loading up a marathon game in the latest SVN and on the message bit it said:

Error in BeginGameTurn event handler <bound method CvRFCEventHandler.onBeginGameTurn of <CvRFCEventHandler.CvRFCEventHandler insance at 0x1B6621E8>>

When I spawned as the Arabs I noticed that the Ethiopians had not spawned (are they now a conditional spawn now?), pretty much all my spawn zone was Barbarian and it did not flip to me (is this normal with Barbarian cities?) and Islam had been founded elsewhere. The last one is just a balancing issue, which has happened other times I've tried spawning as the Arabs, but are Ethiopia no longer a mandatory spawn and do Barb cities not flip? Maybe these aren't bugs at all.

They spawn most definitely. Retire and check world history, I bet they collapsed or died to barbs.

This would have been very very useful information to know before, especially since the same also seems to apply to the Mughals (their human spawn/flip zone is western India, but for AI it apparently covers the whole of northern India, include Paliputra (or whatever the Chinese city-name is, I can't remember the spelling). Yeesh, these last few turns have been awful.

I strongly suggest you try out the SVN version of the game. It's alive and offers improved gaming experience, and has more features.

Then there must be something wrong with your game. Can you produce the situation again?

Paliputra (or whatever the Chinese city-name is, I can't remember the spelling).
Huazhicheng?

Nothing of that is a feature - which barbarian cities didn't flip exactly?

Sounds like something went wrong during the Ethiopian spawn, which might have also influenced your own spawn. You don't happen to have logging enabled when that happened (see first post)?

It's smaller, and only goes as far east as Delhi.

Every single one of those Barbarian cities did not flip, ie all of them, so I got no flip, not even a spawn of units. Unfortunately I didn't have logging enabled at the time. I'll turn it on now and see if it happens again.

Attachments

• arab flipzone.jpg
    arab flipzone.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 102
  • no ruins.jpg
    no ruins.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 104
During an 1.11 ottoman game the Black Sea requirement is never fulfilled, even though I own every city around it. Is this a known bug or should I post a save?

Top Bottom