Bug Reports and Technical Issues

It's slightly different depending on the type of control goal:
- If it is "Control [civilisation]", e.g. in the Greek or Prussian goals, it always refers to their core area. If the civilisation is dead, one city in the core is enough. If they are still alive, you need two cities, and more than they do. Cities owned by your vassals only count as yours if it is explicitly mentioned.
- If it is "Control [geographic area]", e.g. in the Iranian and Tamil goals, you need at least one city in the area, and no other major civ may control cities in the area (i.e. independents are allowed).
- Turkey is special again, in two different ways: for the cities, you need to control the city on the designated tile, or one on a directly adjacent tile (in case cities are arranged differently that expected). For the areas, you need to culturally control all mentioned tiles.

It seems I might have captured the eternal plague bug in the main mod for once, but I'm not sure. Here is a save of a 1700AD Brazil game right after the autoplay ended. The event log tells of lots of plagues spreading to the same cities over and over again. I haven't played it yet so I don't know if it actually is eternal, but it's certainly worth taking a look as it seems to match what I experienced in my modmod.

Anyway, I started that Brazil game to verify an entirely unrelated bug: When playing Brazil, it seems the Civilopedia page for Corporations, that is the one that lists them as well as the pages for the individual corporations themselves, is broken and inaccessible, spawning a Python error message instead, which I didn't read or write down and now I already closed the game because I'm an idiot. This only seems to happen for Brazil, when playing another civ or accessing the Civilopedia from the main menu everything is fine.

Regardless of the civ, the Corporation Advisor (Shift+F7) screen displays wrong techs in the bottom left corner when hovering the cursor over corporations, stuff like Polytheism and Priesthood.

Some of the BUG features don't seem to work, pressing Alt+M doesn't bring up a reminder popup for example and I'm reasonably sure that worked once. Sometimes Dotmaps don't seem to carry on across different savegames in my modmod but I haven't yet verified it in the main mod because it doesn't happen consistently in the first place.

Latest mainline Git version.

I don't have a PythonDbg.txt, only PythonDbg.log and the site wouldn't let me upload it until I changed the extension.

Edit: Forgot an 'f' in Shift. :lol:

Attachments

• brazilcorporationsandplague.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • PythonDbg.txt
    2.2 MB · Views: 476
Last edited:
Thanks, will be looking into it. Also noted the other bugs.

Got the notification, sorry I completely forgot about the pull requests that were already open. Will give it a look soon.

Probably :D

Edit: actually, they all are still compatible with the current develop state.

Last edited:
GreatPeople.py line 198 is missing a comma after iClassical. Don't know what or any effect it has, but the game threw lots of Python messages at me when loading the mod.

Edit: I think it's unrelated to this, but the game seems generally broken now. Starting a game as Congo in 1700AD or China in 600AD triggers lots of Python error messages, there is no interface etc.

Last edited:
Okay sorry, will clean up the code soon.

Hey, lurk-man returns. Just tried to start a 1700 Brazil and then 1700 Argentina game, only to get the same result;

Blank technology screen, which is followed by you have been defeated message. The end. I am slightly perplexed.

Edit: Just tried playing as Prussia. Same Tech Advisor screen, then the game opens. However, I have no interface.

Sorry, the errors should be fixed now, just do another update.

Starting a game as Brazil in the 1700AD scenario unveils a bunch of new errors, something about ascii in GreatPeople and iHealth2 in Plague. I zipped PythonDbg.log and PythonErr.log and attached them as well as the savegame from right after the autplay ended and I clicked away all the Python messages.

Attachments

• justincase.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • Loggywoggy.zip
    166.2 KB · Views: 56
The plague thing was a Python code error. The other thing was caused by a GP name with a special character that wasn't marked as unicode. Unfortunately the error message isn't very helpful in figuring out which name was responsible, but doing a quick search of all special character that could possibly be the cause I found two names to fix. Let's hope one of them was the issue.

There is still something wrong with the plague. Yet another attempt at 1700AD Brazil but no savegame because when I came back after the autoplay (I went afk for it) there were a gazillion Python messages, way too many for me to close, so I just killed the game in the task manager.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    197.8 KB · Views: 56
There is still something wrong with the plague. Yet another attempt at 1700AD Brazil but no savegame because when I came back after the autoplay (I went afk for it) there were a gazillion Python messages, way too many for me to close, so I just killed the game in the task manager.

My bad. All errors are the same error repeating multiple times. A fix is in a pending PR.

Slowly but surely we are making progress. This time I only had like three Python messages. :lol:

Again Brazil right after 1700AD autoplay, again most recent version.

I don't mean to sound rude, but do any of you ever playtest stuff before committing it? :p

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    179.1 KB · Views: 48
  • thirdtimesthecharm.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 52
Do you know what develop branch means? :p

Please note that development version means development version. Think of it as a public beta. New updates may introduce bugs, some of them critical. Updating can also break the compatibility with save games from a previous revision. You are using this at your own risk, and I will not always be able to immediately take care of these problems.
This thread is not the place to air your entitled attitude. Just be adult about this and revert to an older commit.

It seems I might have captured the eternal plague bug in the main mod for once, but I'm not sure. Here is a save of a 1700AD Brazil game right after the autoplay ended. The event log tells of lots of plagues spreading to the same cities over and over again. I haven't played it yet so I don't know if it actually is eternal, but it's certainly worth taking a look as it seems to match what I experienced in my modmod.
Thanks for uploading this save, it was very useful in ultimately tracking down the eternal plague bug.

Top Bottom