Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Maybe you do need to reopen the request? It also does not appear when I pull the branch.

Yeah looks like!

Got a small problem with China currently (playing on the last commit of the hrtechs git branch), since around turn 600 the palace loses commerce, with the lowest i´ve observed being -96 commerce. Removing the modifier with worldbuilder worked for 2-3 turns, before the commerce started dropping again, moving the palace to another city didn´t help either. Saves attached are before the issue appeared (turn 549) when i first noticed the issue (turn 601) and my current save (turn 674)

Attachments

• Qin Shi Huang AD-0600 Turn 549.CivBeyondSwordSave
    629 KB · Views: 39
  • Qin Shi Huang AD-0808 Turn 601.CivBeyondSwordSave
    700.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Qin Shi Huang AD-1072 Turn 674.CivBeyondSwordSave
    940.9 KB · Views: 44
Very exhaustive, thanks.

Got a small problem with China currently (playing on the last commit of the hrtechs git branch), since around turn 600 the palace loses commerce, with the lowest i´ve observed being -96 commerce. Removing the modifier with worldbuilder worked for 2-3 turns, before the commerce started dropping again, moving the palace to another city didn´t help either. Saves attached are before the issue appeared (turn 549) when i first noticed the issue (turn 601) and my current save (turn 674)

Also got a similar problem! Although I thought this was because I inserted some code in RiseAndFall.py which manually triggers a Chinese respawn/independence (if vassalized) in 1368 AD if the human player is not China. But then, the palace-losing-commerce bug wasn't present before I rebased to the new civics revision, and the code before then worked well. Also, since the bug appeared, whenever the game autosaves, there would be something on the event log that shows up around 2-3 times, which says something like: "Overflow: (102, 47), )", where (102, 47) represents the Beijing tile since in the code I made, I had the capital moved to Beijing.

Also got a similar problem! Although I thought this was because I inserted some code in RiseAndFall.py which manually triggers a Chinese respawn/independence (if vassalized) in 1368 AD if the human player is not China. But then, the palace-losing-commerce bug wasn't present before I rebased to the new civics revision, and the code before then worked well. Also, since the bug appeared, whenever the game autosaves, there would be something on the event log that shows up around 2-3 times, which says something like: "Overflow: (102, 47), )", where (102, 47) represents the Beijing tile since in the code I made, I had the capital moved to Beijing.

Yep, got the same error/event in most (but not all) rounds after a certain time. Again corrosponding either to Xi'an or to Nanjing, depending on where my palace was.

Concerning the palace loosing commerce bug: It might be because i fiddeled around with the inflation rate in world builder. Did it again in another China game, same bug appeared, reloaded before i changed the inflation rate, then the bug doesn´t appear.

EDIT: Ok, nvm, the bug is back, but a couple turns later this time. Without playing around in worldbuilder now.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble opening the middle save, can you tell me what your current commit is? You can look it up in the "git log" option, it should be the bolded entry at the top of the log.

I'm having trouble opening the middle save, can you tell me what your current commit is? You can look it up in the "git log" option, it should be the bolded entry at the top of the log.

Pulled it directly from github, as i have some problems with creating a directory on my pc. But it was the commit that was recent 4 days ago, IIRC.

Okay, will try again later.

Civ4ScreenShot0104.JPG

Very big...

vishnu be praised

Fixed vanilla RFC bug where civics were set back to the basic ones for most AI civs which started before the civ with autoplay (so the human controlled civ)

Another fix in RFCE which I wonder if it was fixed in DoC, since it's a vanila RFC issue..

I need more explanation for this. Civ A spawns while my civ B is in autoplay, then where are their civics supposed to be reset?

Okay, will try again later.
Sorry, but I can't seem to find a commit where the save opens. Do you still have the zip file you downloaded?

I tried to reproduce the problem myself without success. Has anyone else run across negative commerce on their palace? My current suspicion is that it is related to the Tributaries civic.

Top Bottom