Bug Reports and Technical Issues

If you have the save that would be even better.

Turn624 is the error save.

Turn632 is a game crashing bug. When ending my turn the game eather freezes or crashes to windows. If this save is problematic I have also turn631 at my disposal.

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar AD-1936 Turn 624.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.2 MB · Views: 68
  • Augustus Caesar AD-1944 Turn 632.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
Thanks!

Civ4ScreenShot0105.JPG

F3 screen looks very buggy. India has some default civics which are not even in the list. Also running Deification civic does not produce any angry citizen like F3 screen claims. Finally it is not clear how "Can enslave the population" can be used by player.

Last edited:
The default starting civics in any category cannot be switched to, you can only start with them, therefore they do not appear on the list. Will look into Deification. With the last sentence, do you mean the Slavery description?

Yes of course. I understand you, but it looks a little strange when you start with a civic which is not in the list. Even if one cannot return to that civic...

Turn624 is the error save.

Turn632 is a game crashing bug. When ending my turn the game eather freezes or crashes to windows. If this save is problematic I have also turn631 at my disposal.
Fixed the first bug, update will come soon. With the crash, I couldn't really find out why it happens, but I do know what's causing it. If you want to continue the game, find the Dutch stack on tile (57, 50) facing off the Russian stack, and delete all its Grenadiers.

Sorry that I couldn't help you ... the problem might be that a save automatically moves on to next turn if there is nothing left to do.

I haven't tried that, let me see.
Were you able to send the inquisition to Spain? I still can't figure out why that crashes on my PC

Will look into Deification.
Done, everything is working as intended. The civic effect cancels the default +1 state religion happiness effect, so there is no entry in the city happiness tooltip.

Done, everything is working as intended. The civic effect cancels the default +1 state religion happiness effect, so there is no entry in the city happiness tooltip.

Oh, ok, thanks. And what about "can enslave" feature? Is it fully implemented already?

Leoreth, are you sure it is:
Code:
if NOT isFree()
?
(Changes of last commit.)

IIRC, now it will only found if there is a city in the surroundingPlots.

I did not change the semantics of that code, only the syntax, removing the extra variable. bFree is true by default, and if it is true the city is founded. bFree is only set to false if utils.isFree() is true.

That is the same as founding the city if isFree() is false.

Maybe that logic wasn't accurate in the beginning? I tried the code and it founded Vladivostok with a free 3x3 square.

Now I see that you indeed didn't change the semantics. It seems the code was wrong in the first place.

It should found a city if isFree() = true. So the "not" should be removed IIRC.

Okay.

Oh, ok, thanks. And what about "can enslave" feature? Is it fully implemented already?
No, currently it is still only the ability to create slaves in sub Saharan Africa for trade.

I want to expand that in some way, to give Slavery something interesting and differentiating and also make it a bit stronger. I'm just not sure right now what shape that is going to take. The general idea is to expand the slave unit to also represent slaves overall, not just the Trans-Atlantic slave trade, but where those slaves would come from and what their benefit would be is an open question. One idea is to make them act as workers, but if so, are they better than normal workers or not, and will the soon to be added worker limit apply to them as well. Another idea is to use them as mini GEs to provide production to cities. Is the current draft like "enslave" button going to be used, or are slaves built like normal units, or can they only be acquired by capturing enemy workers/settlers and conquering cities, or do they appear by an entirely different mechanic (one idea I had was having a slave appear when the city would grow, but is at the happy limit)? How do we keep this type of slavery separate from the tradable kind? I don't want Europeans shopping in the Middle East for slaves. Also, slaves that can be used in colonies with Colonialism should probably have different abilities than this new kind of slave unit, but how would that be implemented etc.

In short, I need to make some design decisions here, and I don't know in which direction to take the idea.

Fixed the first bug, update will come soon. With the crash, I couldn't really find out why it happens, but I do know what's causing it. If you want to continue the game, find the Dutch stack on tile (57, 50) facing off the Russian stack, and delete all its Grenadiers.

Ok, will try to continue my Roman game, thanks.

Don't know if this helps, but at that turn632 French collapsed by Russians, Dutch were respawned, but Russians massacred them at once -> crash after those movements.

EDIT: Yeah...after thinking this through I guess deleting those grenadiers might be a little tricky:mischief:

Last edited:
With WB, if you select a player and a unit, it will delete units of the selected type of the selected player first when you right click on a tile.

With WB, if you select a player and a unit, it will delete units of the selected type of the selected player first when you right click on a tile.

Yeah, but all the things I descriped above happened on a single AI-turn, so as I can guess there is no way to delete Dutch units because there is no Dutch to interact through WB... :confused:

The stack is already there in the save you sent me.

No, currently it is still only the ability to create slaves in sub Saharan Africa for trade.

I want to expand that in some way, to give Slavery something interesting and differentiating and also make it a bit stronger.

I understand you but I think the less is more here. Represent African Slave trade microscopically with actual Slave unit and Classical Period Slavery macroscopically with the vanila Slavery civic allowing to build buildings with whip and adding to it special bonuses for slave related improvements such as mines, quarries and plantations.

See, the easiest suggestion would be to adopt very thoroughly implemented slave feature in RFC-CW. Slaves there act as mini-GE, mini-GM, slow worker, can be settled to become house slaves, etc. But RFC-CW focuses on specific time period and specific map segment. For a global mod and 5000 years timeframe civic works better than slave unit. Maybe its less exiting but it does represent macroscopic nature of global mod fairly adequately! No need to run into so many potential complications for very dubious gains -- Slavery Civic is much more elegant but still very strong and different mechanic: the only time one can use infamous whip :whipped: and get those annoying slave revolts. Vanila Slavery mechanics is near perfect, please leave it as is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom