1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Doufny

Doufny Chieftain

Hi everyone, i can't load the 600AD start map, is that normal ? It fail to read the worldbuiler map. I'hve already try to move it in my game folder and re dl the entire DoC github file.

2. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Of course it is not normal. My games folder is a wrong folder for civ4 mods.

3. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Yeah, the correct location is Beyond the Sword/Mods.

4. Doufny

Doufny Chieftain

Sorry i don't correctly explain myself. All my files are in correct "beyond" folder but the 600ad map doesn't load with the last github. I think it was a corrupt dl but nothing change when i retry it.

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

What does "doesn't load" mean exactly? Is there an error message? An empty main menu perhaps? In case of the latter, the reason may be that your language is not set to English.

6. Doufny

Doufny Chieftain

There is the exact quote. The setting is english in all mod of course ;). But seriously i test mostly everything i could with my modest testing experience. Perhaps if someone had a clean worldbuilder map file, i could test with it. I'll never give up !

Attached Files:

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Okay, and 3000 BC does work for you?

8. Doufny

Doufny Chieftain

3000 and 1700ad are ok to me :s. so it's a bit annoying because when you start at 3000bc religion spread really badly in europe

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

I have uploaded my current 600 AD scenario from the develop branch, does it produce the same problem?

Attached Files:

10. Tinadafish

Tinadafish Chieftain

Hey, I've been having an issue downloading the latest release, I used to have this mod, on that release, before I had to reinstall steam due to an unrelated bug on another game, whenever I download using the exe, I get this message, I've tried downloading the Github version instead and the game crashes on startup.

Attached Files:

11. Doufny

Doufny Chieftain

Alright is working now and i find the problem or a dl bug i'm sure . My previous file had a size of 743 kb ... i think this why .

Attached Files:

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Looks like the problem is the character limit for file paths in Windows, which is a common problem with the Steam version of the game. Maybe it will work if you first install the mod in a different location and then move its folder into Mods/. Otherwise, unfortunately the only advice I can give you is to deselect the Varietas Delectat and Ethnic City Styles module, which is likely the cause of the issue. This way you can at least install the mod itself, and only miss out on the extra unit and city art.

Good to hear!

13. killerkebab

killerkebab Chieftain

14. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

I was delaying the next round of bug fixes until I had made some progress with new features, but I'll at least try to find a workaround for you.

15. Gruekiller

Gruekiller Back From The Beyond

Not sure if this is quite the right place, but I'm having trouble installing. What's the proper directory when you're installing it for Civ 4 BTS on Steam? I tried it in a couple of directories and it said it couldn't find the game.

16. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Yeah this is the right place to ask. The right path should look something like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\.

17. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Could we fix Museum's tooltip yield display in city screen please? Players would like to see how exactly my culture level helps with :gp: generation..

18. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

I could proceed to next turn without any issue. The save from next turn is attached (I decided to request to stop trading with China, the resolution went through), let me know if you still have problems.

The crash may suggest problems with your memory, you may want to give the 64 bit memory extension listed in the welcome thread a look if you haven't already.

Attached Files:

19. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

The save immediately crashes when loading, do you have a save from one turn before?

Also, is this the git version, or normal v1.14?

20. killerkebab

killerkebab Chieftain

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate this. Turns out I can load the next turn just fine if I also decide to cancel trades with China.

I just installed the 4gb ram patch and it didn't change (i.e. it loads if I stop trading with China, and doesn't load if I do something else). My PC is 64 bit with 16GB of RAM.

I guess sending the inquisition to Spain will have to wait until next time (I don't know what inquisitions do so I figured I'd find out, by sending one to Spain).

Out of curiosity, if you load my save on your machine, are you able to send the inquisition to Spain?