Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Thanks Dax!

What is the significance about 1811?

Edit: I see your point now. The 3rd goal shouldbe checked by 1800 AD.

Interesting bug with the wrong city assignments during congresses. They happened due to an error in the implementation of the refusal dialog. They all happen in a row, with every dialog starting the next one, and I always passed on the claimant ID from the first dialog instead of using the claimant from the actual city assignment. Fix is in the SVN.

Was there any fixes for stability check error? My game spits bunch of python error about war, tech, GP event stability checks. Seems like error message occur every checks.

Oh and check this image please. I got another error message in demographics window. The error occurred when I changed time range of the graph.
Spoiler :

Was there any fixes for stability check error? My game spits bunch of python error about war, tech, GP event stability checks. Seems like error message occur every checks.
That was likely the war status error.

Don't know if I would identify with the term, but TNG and Voyager definitely had a very formative effect in my childhood.

DS9 is my favorite show though.

Is it intentional that cities 'flipped' by the portuguese trading company event start with 0 culture?
I received Quelimane, Malaca and Cantao all with 0 culture losing pretty much all workable tiles 2 turns later.(except for Quelimane which has no neighboring cities in conflict with it's culture)
Also just 1 Musketman for defense? Not really useful to get the cities this way imo..

The screenshot is from 1 turn after receiving the cities, Cantao only has the 3 water tiles because it has quite a decent cultural output that gave it the first culture expansion level.
In the next turn Malaca will only have 1 water tile to work and Cantao keeps on starving

Attachments

• portugal TC.jpg
    portugal TC.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 266
Does the Rebirth mechanic still work?

I tried to rebirth Greece around 1832 by capturing Athens (latest SVN) but the only option I had was to make Athens an independent city. Is the rebirth mechanic changed so that it can only happen during the UN now?

Edit: Ok, i think i know what the issue is. Whenever any civ collapses, their core area disappears completely, regardless of whether or not they are before or after their fall date. my example below: As China I quickly conquered the Dutch at the start of the 1700 scenario to find that their core disappears on collapse (My mouse doesn't appear in the screenshot, but it was hovering over the tile SE of Amsterdam). Same deal with Korea.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 9.08.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 9.08.24 PM.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 233
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 9.08.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 9.08.34 PM.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 207
I don't know whether being unable to release dead civs is intentional or just a side effect, but the old mechanic(releasing dead civ at will) was very exploitable.

I like it mainly to:

A: bring back civs at a historically appropriate time (Greece, Italy, India & Mughals)

B: Bring back civs that should stay alive but keep collapsing way too much (China after the Mongols, Vikings).

At the very least, core areas shouldn't be disappearing after collapse, unless that civ is past their fall date (which the ones in my example were not).

If it is possible, i think cores shouldn't disappear, but only their effects on stabilty should.

I don't know whether being unable to release dead civs is intentional or just a side effect, but the old mechanic(releasing dead civ at will) was very exploitable.
Why, by the way?

After a civilization collapse in to independent cities, you only need to capture one city in their core to revive the civilization. I did this to Congo when playing Ethiopia.

Alternatively, you can make small civilizations stronger by killing them first and then release the cities. They'll get better techs and many more units. (Although I don't know why I would do that:crazyeye:).

Releasing Persia to stop Iran from spawning also seems pointless, hmmm.

All seem like ways to make AI civilizations stronger, which is a player action I wholly approve of :)

The only exploitation possible is preventing rebirth. Well, simply making impossible to release a birthable civ. So if Persia is dead, cannot release it. If Maya are dead, cannot release them and so on.

Then you might want to fix it, because currently you can't revive civilizations. And I don't even know if they can properly respawn. In my China game Japan collapsed some time after they become my vassal. There are four indie/barb cities on the Islands(Kyouto and Edo in their core) but they never respawned(up to ~1250AD, I'm still on that game).

And there's a pointless trick to "make friends" with the independents: Release a city to independents, take it and then release it. You need a road for better efficiency: I used a warrior, and didn't have Engineering, so I was only able to release the city once per turn. But with a 2 move unit and Engineering I suppose you can do it 3 times per turn. And with railroads...:crazyeye: Each time you get a +1 bonus for liberating their cities. Really pointless as I said.:lol:

Uhh.... I have a problem. I have installed 1.12, but when I load up the game, I still get 1.11. Mercenaries and no BUG are the telltale signs. Any ideas?

C: --> Program Files (x86) --> Steam --> SteamApps --> common --> Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword --> Beyond the Sword --> Mods --> RFC Dawn of Civilization, if you were curious.

Top Bottom