Bug Reports and Technical Issues

help me please, at the beginning of my next turn the game crashes, so I get the message that my GA starts (thanks to the completed Taj Mahal) but dont get to do anything before the game exits to the desktop.

I updated to the newest commit, hoping it had to do something with the GA-building-bonus-turn-bug, but it still crashes even on the newest version :(

edit: okay, it is not the Taj Mahal, I just tried delaying it but the game still crashes. Any ideas? I'd even accept a workaround for now just to be able to continue playing since this game is just going really, really well for me :/

1700 AD Canada : HRE & France is making non-existent civilization's embassy. Non-existent because they never spawn - not dead.

Embassies are off, likely because of the inclusion of Canada, will address this soon.

Is the catholic :hammers: effect removed?

I've been watching this particular DoC 1.12 story as the Prussians. I noticed, however, that almost every civ has the same stability level. It became more apparent when the player took the Dutch capital:

And yet there's no sign of destabilization.

I tried it myself and invaded Poland after they declared war at me. I took Warsaw and Poland is still stable/shaky. I checked my stability score and it's always at 0.

I think you're safe from stability checks during the first few turns of a scenario/after your spawn, that might be the reason for your observation, but I agree, it seems weird/wrong. I remember having one or two games on earlier versions where the stability mechanism didnt work for some reason and always stayed at 0

Tooltipp:

"Slaves can be traded like any other item in the diplomacy interface"

1. Not trying to be overly pc here, but slaves are still humans and not items
2. there are no other items in this mod that can be traded this way (unlike relics in SoI for example)

-> the bold part is not only bad but also unnecessary, the tipp would be much better and would lose none of its helpfulness without this part.

--------

edit: not really a bug but definitely weird:

cities in Mexico cannot be gifted to Spain/Portugal but are accepted by France/England, any specific reason for that?

Tooltipp:

"Slaves can be traded like any other item in the diplomacy interface"

1. Not trying to be overly pc here, but slaves are still humans and not items
2. there are no other items in this mod that can be traded this way (unlike relics in SoI for example)

-> the bold part is not only bad but also unnecessary, the tipp would be much better and would lose none of its helpfulness without this part.
It's intended more like (Slaves can be traded) (like any other item in the diplomacy interface), not (Slaves can be traded (like any other item) in the diplomacy interface), but I get what you mean.

By the way, maps, peace deals, cities etc. can be traded in exactly the same way.

edit: not really a bug but definitely weird:

cities in Mexico cannot be gifted to Spain/Portugal but are accepted by France/England, any specific reason for that?
That depends on the situation in the game.

peace deals aren't items, and I wouldn't call a city an item either, though sure it could be regarded as such.

I knew that you meant it the way you put it in your post, but it just can be missinterpreted and I really think the "item" part is just plain unnecessary. "can be traded in the diplomacy interface" is all the information needed there.

And now to something completely different:
You might want to have another look at the algorithm for Open Borders Stability:
When I had open borders agreements during the Renaissance with every single civ in existence save for 1, I had a +4 bonus,
now that I am in the Industrial Era, with roughly the same number of living civs (something like 16-20 in both cases) and I only have OBs with ca half of them I get a +6 bonus Oo
(been running Free Religion the whole time so religions shouldn't affect it, and even if they would, it shouldn't have resulted in a stability gain)

Or are DefPacts with civs that have a lower score (but stronger military) than me subsumed in that factor?

peace deals aren't items, and I wouldn't call a city an item either, though sure it could be regarded as such.

I knew that you meant it the way you put it in your post, but it just can be missinterpreted and I really think the "item" part is just plain unnecessary. "can be traded in the diplomacy interface" is all the information needed there.
Item is what the code calls a generic tradeable object, you are right that there is no reason to call it that in the tooltip.

Or are DefPacts with civs that have a lower score (but stronger military) than me subsumed in that factor?
Nope.

I played several time with japan and never happened a crash... this time it happens, while China becames Mongol's vassal... maybe it's this the reason??!?
1615 AD
I tried changing research but it happens again....

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga AD-1615 Turn 304.zip
    977.9 KB · Views: 46
well hello again.

I just updated to SVN 793 (I think thats the current one, right?)

and I immediately got:

I don't know whether it is linked to the 600AD-techcostdecrease or the update, also no idea if it is of any significance, just thought I'd post it to be sure :)

PS: I'd be REALLY happy if anyone got my Indonesia-save "fixed" aka got me to a point where it doesnt crash after ending the turn

edit: okay these just continue to appear, can't tell if they have any consequences but they are annoying, I guess you'll have to update the update (unless it is just my save that got corrupted due to the update or so)

Oh yes it is, sorry, haven't considered that.

I think the Incas could really use some love, but this is about something else:

Is there any way to fix this kind of situation? It is just so annoying to not have contact to a civ despite seeing their units clearly on your map. Sure, usually moving a unit just next to it will regain contact but thats not always an option

edit: okay, this one is Inca-related:

Catholicism spreads to all my cities despite me having had no contact to any civ except for the Aztecs, which haven't met anyone else either, yet I think.
The Incan game is already pretty hard without having a -2 happiness in all of your cities just before the invasion (-1 for nonstate-religion, -1 for losing pagan temple)

In SVN 790 to 792 I noticed that 3000BC China is too strong around 600AD. I played two games as Japan. At the first game I waited the Mongols to weaken them, China took their capital on turn 2! It was the first time to see an AI supressing a civ birth so successfully.

At the second game the Sui dynasty controlled a stack of doom in Shenyang with knights and catapults. While buying a catapult army they brought bombards in Shenyang in 960AD!

I decided to wait until the renaiscence era (to expire their UP). However, I couldn't catch them techwise before 1850AD (meaning I had too little time to conquer them), but even then their huge stacks...

I don't have problem to face a strong China, as long as I can face it somehow :sad:.

The problem might be solved in SVN 793. The real problem here is that China has really strong economy. Mongols is the only way to halt them, and if they fail China becomes the ultimate superpower in the game.

The AI also profited from the absurdly high trade stability bonuses. Their stability should be worse now, I know that some kind of collapse is crucial for China's balance.

Top Bottom