Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Canada:
1. Starts with Slavery and Free Market
2. Drops from Free Market to Self Sufficiency due to the missing Tech.
3. UK and USA are at war, and I help UK to capture Boston. Next turn Congress starts, US getting Boston back, while still at war with UK. Makes sense?

At least terminate the war then. Or better yet "No country currently at war can participate in Congress". This would hugely help Canada. On my start I had 4 cities in Canada which did not flip to me. 2 American cities in Manitoba and German and English cities in Newfoundland. Even with better starts Canada never qualifies for Congress (and claims) until mid XX century. While even then she needs to win the vote. But with the proposed rule peaceful Canada will make a cut and will have a real chance to win more often than not.

China isn't the only civ that's surviving and thriving. Arabia too in my games. I haven't updated recently (still at the first Canada one) and they always take over Iran in my games.

Canada:
1. Starts with Slavery and Free Market
2. Drops from Free Market to Self Sufficiency due to the missing Tech.
Oh, I still have to fix that, right.

3. UK and USA are at war, and I help UK to capture Boston. Next turn Congress starts, US getting Boston back, while still at war with UK. Makes sense?

At least terminate the war then. Or better yet "No country currently at war can participate in Congress". This would hugely help Canada. On my start I had 4 cities in Canada which did not flip to me. 2 American cities in Manitoba and German and English cities in Newfoundland. Even with better starts Canada never qualifies for Congress (and claims) until mid XX century. While even then she needs to win the vote. But with the proposed rule peaceful Canada will make a cut and will have a real chance to win more often than not.
Civs that are at war just shouldn't be able to demand cities from each other.

Would they even come together for a Congress then ? I thought the whole idea of Berlin or Vienna congress was for nations to sort out their affairs after the war or to avoid the war. Perhaps congresses should be by invitation and should enforce establishment of peace among all the participants and staying at peace for 10 turns after? Except for the cases of war against those who refuses. Kind of like great mediation.

But it doesn't really make sense for a comparatively minor war between just civs A and B to prevent their participation in the Congress at all. It's less realistic, but necessary due to RFC's granularity and inertia effects.

Congresses cannot happen at all if most of the world is at war, and instead a special post-war Congress will be held as soon as that ends.

Ok Houston, I mean Münster, we got a larger problem at the moment.

Try to load Canada from 3000 BC map, please. Very very soon you will get CTD. I don't know why, but it is not a local issue. I tried doing this on different computers.

Understood.

... long time since I last was here, anyway...
I updated recently and went with a Taoist Mongol Empire. Every turn start I was being bombarded by python exception errors, problem is in StoredData::changeTaoistHealthTurns
Code:
	def changeTaoistHealthTurns(self, iChange):
		self.scriptDict['iTaoistHealthTurns'] += iNewValue
should be 'iChange', not 'iNewValue' (but I'm still too much of an ignorant to know why...)

Yeah, that's an oversight on my part.

The reason why is that I have specified "iChange" as name of the parameter that is given to the function when it is called, but never reference it. Instead I reference the variable "iNewValue" which has never been declared.

My 600 AD Canada start also crashed. :( Anyone else is having the same problem? :dunno:

I just rolled a successful 3000 BC Canada start, so it's definitely not a regular thing. I had many successful starts from 600 AD and 1700 AD before.

Can someone else please roll Canada from any start? I am now getting crashes on two different machines every time from any start. :badcomp: And by different I mean everything different: one has Steam, the other one does not. One is desktop the other is laptop. One has W8.1 the other one , dare I say, XP. Every other civ loads just fine, crashes only happening with Canada starts.

I am playing Carthage in a pre-SVN version, and have taken over Rome. For some reason, I am unable to build settlers in it. The year is 1190, shortly after the Italian resurrection (which didn't happen in this game).

Attachments

• Roma no settler.jpg
    Roma no settler.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 84
Normally you can't train settler in cities on a different continent than your capital's before Astronomy. But I think North Africa are in the same continent(in game code) as Europe?

Finally was able to roll 600 AD start. USA is Arabian vassal, Bin Laden' s dream came true. Spain has Toronto and no Montreal, I start on empty tile. Does it belong to Look what happened thread?

Good. So I am not alone. On the other hand CTD sometimes does not happen. Can it be Congress related? Autosave is suppressed so I cannot post the save immediately before crush! :dunno:

Finally I was able to locate CTD Canada bug. Which was spectacular:

I need a bit more context, when does it crash?

Oh it did not crash this time, fortunately, which allowed me to create a save for you. 129 commerce
from each two plots in Great Lakes. A version of infamous overflow bug. Plus mouse over the other lake tiles around Toronto -- you will be surprised! Just open the save please.

Top Bottom