Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you use the Enhanced User Interface Mod/DLC? If so, you need to delete a few lua-files in the CBP or CP folder. There's a list of all the files around here somewhere. Toppanel.lua is one for sure and cityview.lua another.

Apart from that, I'd suggest to re-install the mods as it doesn't take much time anyways. Don't forget to clear the cache before downloading the mods again!

Not sure, but if you don't use CivIV-Diplomacy, you should deactivate that in the CBP-option file as well.

I had that problem as well once, it's rather annoying...

Hi Mishto, Gekko, thanks for your help.

I was not using EUI and I still had the problems. Deleting all the LUAs you suggested helped remove many of the graphical glitches (enabled cities' building choices to be reviewed and changed, for example) but not all. The screwed up info bits over Cities (icons applied randomly, no population total, UI elements overlapping and interrupting, religion and current build item not displaying, for example) is still there. I have a feeling that deleting more LUAs might help fix this but damned if I know what they are.

If the folks running this mod are reading I would suggest a sticky so that other people who had my problems would know what LUAs to delete so they don't have to go hunting all over the forum. I literally was running vanilla Civ5 with just these Community patches so I can't imagine that it's not a common problem for lots of folks.

A couple other bugs to report:

1. Selecting a Founder belief enables not just the building belonging to the belief to be built, but all the other ones too.

2. Monastaries were able to be purchased with faith by me despite not having the social policy enabling them in the Piety tree.

This mod seems like it has a lot of promise but definitely has some rough edges to be sanded out. The UI problems are gamebreaking for me but hopefully will be fixed in subsequent versions, as well as the other stuff folks are pointing out. Good luck.

Hi Mishto, Gekko, thanks for your help.

I was not using EUI and I still had the problems. Deleting all the LUAs you suggested helped remove many of the graphical glitches (enabled cities' building choices to be reviewed and changed, for example) but not all. The screwed up info bits over Cities (icons applied randomly, no population total, UI elements overlapping and interrupting, religion and current build item not displaying, for example) is still there. I have a feeling that deleting more LUAs might help fix this but damned if I know what they are.

If the folks running this mod are reading I would suggest a sticky so that other people who had my problems would know what LUAs to delete so they don't have to go hunting all over the forum. I literally was running vanilla Civ5 with just these Community patches so I can't imagine that it's not a common problem for lots of folks.

A couple other bugs to report:

1. Selecting a Founder belief enables not just the building belonging to the belief to be built, but all the other ones too.

2. Monastaries were able to be purchased with faith by me despite not having the social policy enabling them in the Piety tree.

This mod seems like it has a lot of promise but definitely has some rough edges to be sanded out. The UI problems are gamebreaking for me but hopefully will be fixed in subsequent versions, as well as the other stuff folks are pointing out. Good luck.

If you are running just the four main mods (CP, CBP, CSD and CivIV DF) the LUA and other issues you describe would not be occurring, as those are the core mods I use when designing/testing the mod.

I'd recommend clearing your moduserdata and cache folders (in your my docs/my games/civ 5 folder), verifying your civ install in steam, and then double-checking that you don't have EUI or any other lua mods enabled.

I also have a CTD now, every time after turn 279 during Barbarians turn.
Very frustrating after such a long game. :/ any idea of what I could do to try to continue my game ?

I'm not sure what's causing the CTD, and I won't be back in town for a few weeks - if you want to upload the crashdump file the game creates to this thread, perhaps someone else with some debug know-how will look into it for you.

G

If you are running just the four main mods (CP, CBP, CSD and CivIV DF) the LUA and other issues you describe would not be occurring, as those are the core mods I use when designing/testing the mod.

I'd recommend clearing your moduserdata and cache folders (in your my docs/my games/civ 5 folder), verifying your civ install in steam, and then double-checking that you don't have EUI or any other lua mods enabled.

*snip*

G

I was running CP, CBD, CSD, Communitas Map. No CivIV DF. I definitely didn't have EUI, have never even downloaded it.

Thanks for the recommendation though, I will try it and see if that helps!:goodjob:

Quick replies:

lukeloh,

Not sure about the spy issue – I did not see this problem during testing. Again, make sure you clear your cache and that your game is the latest version.

Cheers,
G

Hi Gazebo

It is the latest version and I always clear cache before installing the latest. Thanks.

*snip*.

G

Just wanted to say that clearing the moduserdata and cache folders did the trick. Everything works now. Thanks very much!

Theres also what looks like a game breaking bug when you get a empty steal technology screen and have no way to bypass it. In the espionage window its showing 12,945 turns to establish survelliance...

I only have the bug fix patch activated (not the balance patch) and have the CSD mod support turned off, and i can confirm that spying seems to include some non-vanilla changes. I am getting messages for stuff like sabotaging wonder construction.

The spying bug is a rare annoyance, will have to look into it. You can turn of spy stuff in the communityoptions.sql file.
G

I don't think we can yet - there's no entry for it. But I did find this:

Gazebo said:
Spy changes can be disabled in the CP - navigate to the CoreValues/CoreDefines.sql file, and change the BALANCE_SPY_SABOTAGE_RATE to 0.

Mods: csd, balance patch, improved AI (including that bandaid enabler by whoward), some minor whoward's mods (river connections, lighthouse one hex from the sea, stuff like that, nothing on diplomacy), no Civ IV DF.
Game: hotseat

Often a window appears when some AI leader wants to talk but there is no deal, nothing to be proposed, just blank portrait - I can press Esc and leave the screen but I don't know what he wanted. It happens for both players in the hotseat mode, it seems to be random.

Mods: csd, balance patch, improved AI (including that bandaid enabler by whoward), some minor whoward's mods (river connections, lighthouse one hex from the sea, stuff like that, nothing on diplomacy), no Civ IV DF.
Game: hotseat

Often a window appears when some AI leader wants to talk but there is no deal, nothing to be proposed, just blank portrait - I can press Esc and leave the screen but I don't know what he wanted. It happens for both players in the hotseat mode, it seems to be random.

Disable support for Civ 4 DF in the CommunityOptions.sql file.
G

Hi everyone,

i played 3 Games, in the first the Hanging Gardens provides 1 additional ring of workable fields. In the second and third game it just provides +6 food and a free garden:confused:

Did i halluzinate the first time?

i cleart moduserdata nad cache... still.

nevermind... the firsttime i enabled the extra mod für more workable fields and the second time not ;)

Geetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom