Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I used the installer with EUI, installed everything in their default locations, deleted logs, ModUserData, cleared the cache, deleted the LUA folders in CP and CBP, ensured that EUI was installed properly in the Assets/DLC folder, verified integrity of game cache and yet every time I try to start the game it crashes to desktop. The launcher starts fine, but actually running Civ 5 it crashes with no error message and no error log or crash dump to be found in the root. I've tried running in both DX9 and 10/11 and both CTD at startup. I have all of the leader DLC, BNW, G&K, and the Ancient Wonders pack.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the mod looks fantastic :D

Aaaand it suddenly fixed itself after several reinstalls. Weird.

Seems like there is no rhyme or reason to these crashes, they don't always happen at the end of turns or when new techs are found or in fact anything significant happens, they just randomly happen.

Attachments

• CvMiniDump.7z
    19.3 KB · Views: 90
Just the mods from the installer and Info Addict, I'm trying to get back into what this mod does before I go adding in anything extra.

Not sure, sorry. It's hard to pin down crashes like this when they aren't being experienced by multiple users.

G

I tried posting this on the other thread but I'll try here. I've had a number of bugs so far with the latest version.

1. Frequently, when I go through the in-game menu to "restart game" (to reload the map for instance) the whole game just quits to windows.

2. Several times now, in the middle of a game, when a civilization contacts me, there is no text in the diplomacy screen. Once this happens, it keeps happening and you can't see any text any time another civ opens a diplomacy screen with you. This seems to happen with certain civilizations more than others but I've never had a game that's lasted more than 40 mins before it starts happening.

3. I can't alt-tab out of the game to get to my desktop. Whenever I do, it just shows me a taskbar at the bottom of the screen, I can't get to the desktop.

4. The EUI was creating its own series of bugs. Mousing over terrain or features wasn't giving me a description of the terrain. I was also getting a situation where if you clicked on a technology in the tech tree, it would automatically close the whole tree.

I tried posting this on the other thread but I'll try here. I've had a number of bugs so far with the latest version.

3. I can't alt-tab out of the game to get to my desktop. Whenever I do, it just shows me a taskbar at the bottom of the screen, I can't get to the desktop.

This is a fairly common issue with full-screen applications and Windows. To Alt-Tab out of CivV you will either need to have an already running application in the background so Windows can switch to that or Alt-Tab out but keep your finger on the Alt key and start a new application from the start menu which will then take the focus away from CivV.

It is impossible to start a LAN game in any version after the 10/23 modpack release.

Trying to start a LAN game brings you to a blank "Internet Games" screen:

In the default game and pre 10/23 releases this would be the "Local Network Games" screen:

Just the mods from the installer and Info Addict, I'm trying to get back into what this mod does before I go adding in anything extra.

My game would crash randomly every ~100 turns, as well as 75% of the time when exiting to main menu/loading game/regenerating start. Zero crashes after removing Info Addict. Even if the mod was not enabled for the current game, it would still show up in lua.log and kept crashing, so I had to delete IA completely.

It is impossible to start a LAN game in any version after the 10/23 modpack release.

Trying to start a LAN game brings you to a blank "Internet Games" screen:

In the default game and pre 10/23 releases this would be the "Local Network Games" screen:

Other users are having no problem.
G

Deep water issue still exists. Playing as Polynesia. As expected, EVERYTHING could cross oceans to start. Once I discovered Astronomy, Galleass and Dromons lost the ability. I don't know about Triremes as I upgraded all of them to Caravels before hitting Astronomy.

EDIT: The strange this is I realized later that I have some Galleasses that could cross the ocean and some that could not. I suspect the only reason I had some that could is that I was Polynesia.

No worries - this is actively being worked on (you can track it on Github).

1. Frequently, when I go through the in-game menu to "restart game" (to reload the map for instance) the whole game just quits to windows.

2. Several times now, in the middle of a game, when a civilization contacts me, there is no text in the diplomacy screen. Once this happens, it keeps happening and you can't see any text any time another civ opens a diplomacy screen with you. This seems to happen with certain civilizations more than others but I've never had a game that's lasted more than 40 mins before it starts happening.

4. The EUI was creating its own series of bugs. Mousing over terrain or features wasn't giving me a description of the terrain. I was also getting a situation where if you clicked on a technology in the tech tree, it would automatically close the whole tree.

1) What's your modlist? As indicated previously, InfoAddict can cause crashes upon restarting/reloading.

2) Might be a mod conflict or a bad install. I think posting your lua.log would be useful (but make sure you have logging enabled first - google it up if needed).

3) What ExpiredReign said :)

4) Those are EUI's features that can be altered in the in-game options menu. Can't tell you what are the names of the options responsible, but it shouldn't be a problem to figure out.

Hi there,

I'm testing the dll only, found a few things, let me know if I miss something or there are know issues with firetuner.

- Most of the civs doesn't get the fishing boats improvement on the work boat. They build the work boats when are necessary but they can't use it. Even I can't if I override a civ control, even if I buy a new work boat.

- The event scoreboard of 'cities we all like to visit' appear blank.

- This isn't an error but... I'm testing on Immortal, and on vanilla immortal they have much much more units deployed at all times.

Hi there,

I'm testing the dll only, found a few things, let me know if I miss something or there are know issues with firetuner.

- Most of the civs doesn't get the fishing boats improvement on the work boat. They build the work boats when are necessary but they can't use it. Even I can't if I override a civ control, even if I buy a new work boat.

- This isn't an error but... I'm testing on Immortal, and on vanilla immortal they have much much more units deployed at all times.

The second last one, are you use that Civs have cities with Tourism output? That specific ranking determines citites with most Tourism yield, so if there's nothing to yield it will appear blank.

ALSO

Gazebo, is there any issue with the Skirmish amp script? When I was testing the MP I noticed each time I selected it the game CTD.

Hi there,

I was suffering from that error until I realised I had an incorrect installation. Check to ensure the LUA folder is removed if using EUI.

My game would crash randomly every ~100 turns, as well as 75% of the time when exiting to main menu/loading game/regenerating start. Zero crashes after removing Info Addict. Even if the mod was not enabled for the current game, it would still show up in lua.log and kept crashing, so I had to delete IA completely.

Ordinarily I'd agree whole-heartedly with this recommendation but in this case the current game, with InfoAddict, wasn't the only time I was getting CTDs. I was getting just as many in previous games without that mod active.

Other users are having no problem.
G

Sorry for pushing this, but after testing this on multiple computers, LAN games definitely seem to be broken if you try to use any Community Patch modpack post-10/23.

This takes less than a minute to test. You can go in to the multiplayer menu and click on the LAN option. It will take you to a blank "Internet Games" screen. Hosting games here uses the internet instead of the LAN. Also, if you try and host a game here offline, it will result in an error, as it seems to be attempting to create games online.

If anyone has a minute, please test this out. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Edaka
1) What's your modlist? As indicated previously, InfoAddict can cause crashes upon restarting/reloading.

2) Might be a mod conflict or a bad install. I think posting your lua.log would be useful (but make sure you have logging enabled first - google it up if needed).

3) What ExpiredReign said :)

4) Those are EUI's features that can be altered in the in-game options menu. Can't tell you what are the names of the options responsible, but it shouldn't be a problem to figure out.

The only mods I'm running are:

Community Balance Patch:
City-State Diplomacy Mod, by Gazebo:
Civ 4 Diplomacy Features, by Putmalk:
More Luxuries, by Barathor:

I'm not sure what InfoAddict is.

I'll look up how to post lua.log

I've searched around in the EUI interface and couldn't find any such options. It really felt like a bug to me as I can't imagine anyone wanting the technology tree to immediately close if you clicked any tech.

I've just tested it, and I can normally Alt-Tab out of the game when not running the community balance mod. It's only when the mod(s) are running that I can't Alt-Tab out.

Another problem that I forgot to mention, when I was first meeting city states they would sometimes gift me faith, however the faith never seemed to show up. Sometimes I got like 40 faith, which should have triggered a pantheon but the faith counter would always stay at 0.

I'm also having the issue with water-walking units and land-sailing embarked units.

In addition, the Winged Hussar's heavy charge ability can displace defeated units onto water.

me too, i see an AI worker walking in coastal sea. It's only a graphical glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom