1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civ 5 - Community Call to Power project' started by Horem, Aug 13, 2012.

1. raiden278

raiden278 Chieftain

Hi!

First thanks for the welcoming party I appreciate that ! ^^ I discovered civ V in January thanks to a friend. I despised it at first but after a few hours it became my new favourite game :p Reason why I started to look for mods.

As for CCTP, i'll be playing the version 404 and I'll be glad to spot and correct the few mistakes I've seen in the textI stopped playing the version 403 for the moment but when 404 will be realesed you'll find screenshots and corrections in you PM mailbox if that's ok for you ;)

Also, talking of bugs, I think this one is directly related to the fact that the AI can't evolve but AI cities are spreading like a plague on the whole map. Maybe it would need tweaking but it shall not be your priority since the probability that it's related to the lack of evolution if pretty high.

2. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Yeah the is spreading of new cities is to fast in the early era. (Funny when i think about why the expand so fast)
    This results in a malus you get for each city you have (technology).
    This damn value also needs balancing. iam not saying that this is the only reason for the AI problemsĀ“.
    But it doesnt help the ai much, since the human is much better in city planning.;)

The most problem here are the flavors. All kind of actions are related to flavors and to handle them perfect would be resulting in a perfect ai.

For the textfiles, to be honest this is nothing i do with much fun.:rolleyes:
    When you have to code so many things, the corresponding text files can make you insane.
    At least i hope that all informations in the pedia are right, but i dont can give a proof for this.

Any help is always welcome:D

This also counts for better names for technologies/buildings or what ever.
    In many cases i use placeholder for many things.

3. Walrath

Walrath Chieftain

Fantastic Mod, I have problems with Social Policies and Tech tree for v4.04. I was wondering what I am doing wrong. Removed Mod Cache, and all other mods. Load time for a tiny map, is 10 min on my SSD hardrive. So thinking that something is not working.

To clarify the problems with Social Policies is that you can't open it. The problem with tech tree is that it can't be accessed.

4. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

The loading time is increased there most be a loop anywhere sorrry:cry:

But the social page and techtree should be able to open.
    Are you using another mod?

5. Sefarion

Sefarion Chieftain

Same problem like Waltrah. I cant choose any social policies in 4.04. I tried different settings(no other mods,clear cache, clear instalation of Civ, different settings in game but with no changes.

6. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

The loading time is increased there most be a loop anywhere sorry:cry:

But the social page and techtree should be able to open.

Edit:damn you are right social policies will not popup.
    Give me some minutes...

7. Walrath

Walrath Chieftain

No only have CCtP on. Is there a mod not inclueded that CCtP have dependencies on?

The Social page doesn't open.
    The Tech tree is just like it was in v4.03.

8. canuck2010

canuck2010 Chieftain

Hi,

I've cleared the cache and logusers directory. I'm not able to open policies when they are available.

Hopefully it is something in my system.

I've attached my log files.

Donna

Attached Files:

9. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Can confirm the policies will not pop up.
    There is a file under CCTP/Shared/AdvancedScreen.
    Remove it complete, looks like its loaded into the databse (but is should not).

Will create a version with that file and will look if that fix it.

**Ok is fixed the subfolder AdvancedScreen is causing this**

10. Taa

Taa Warlord

Not sure this is a bug but I find it strange (playing on huge map, marathon speed and king difficulty):
    1. Game started in 6000BC and reached 1AD after 35 turns.
    2. To grow from city size 1 to 2 with 2 foods from tile would take 111 turns, and 135 turns to grow to size 3.
    3. First tech took around 140 turns.

Maybe my game files is tweaked a little but this was pretty extreme ;)

11. Bladesss

Bladesss Warlord

35 turns on a cruel huge game. 4.04
    1. I think rituals use to have a prereq of languages. It has no prereg right now. Does not appear to be hurting anything.
    2. Rituals text says allows shaman's hut. That has been moved.
    3. For a unit promotion I get txt_key_promotion_city_defence. I got that error in 4.03 as well.
    4. I cannot open the social screen. Will check on deleting that file.
    5. Play balance of individual civs is a low priority but "the Shoshone" are starting with 2 pathfinders (scouts). They can select what they want out of each goody hut and can promote to composite bowmen about the 4-5 turn. Probably a little over powered in the stone age.

12. Yell

Yell Chieftain

Hello,
    I've been several versions of the CCTP my tech tree as well as the small selection display me nothing more ads, dardurch the game will be unplayable at least in the later generations game. But in the help the technologies are listed without error.:mad: Before I make all things new and Uninstall it, I wanted to ask whether it makes sense or where the fault lies? Cache is cleared, no other mod active.

and another thank you to Gilgamesh that he always continues as a brilliant mod :clap:

MfG

Attached Files:

• CIV5.jpg
      CIV5.jpg
      File size:
      359.5 KB
      Views:
    • LOG.zip
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:
  13. Slasky

Slasky Chieftain

I have exactly the same problem as Yell, and i have had this problem earlier as well. I have deleted all files in all mod related folders except mods itself and there i have only the cctp files + various mod components. Is there any other data that might be from old, or any other way than re-installing? i really don't want to re-download from steam since i cant spare those GB on my internet really :(

14. Taa

Taa Warlord

No problem with Tech-tree here, it show all the techs, but is slow to open up.

15. Taa

Taa Warlord

I see that many things are missing historical info. If you want help with that I can try to find historical info and send it to you when I have found some. What you say Gilga?

16. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Thanks for the report, will be home in a few ours and then start on tweaking the problems.
    At taa, that would be nice......

17. Slasky

Slasky Chieftain

[4889.851] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Nutzer\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Community Call To Power V.4.04 (v 1)\CCTP\Technologies\TechButtonInclude.lua:198: attempt to index local 'improvement' (a nil value)
    [4889.851] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Nutzer\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Community Call To Power V.4.04 (v 1)\CCTP\Technologies\TechTreeBFTT.lua.

i would guess its something to do with this, but with my limited knowledge on how all the civ stuff works and is linked together i couldn't get anywhere myself :p What annoys me is i had this problem on another earlier version as well, and in one way or another got it to work but i dont remember what we did

18. theevilone

theevilone Chieftain

Turn 220 playing with 10 civs huge map and 8 of the civs have no science per turn and are all around -45 gold per turn. They seem to be building too many units

19. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Quick question do you the have the inca dlc?

20. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

To all dudes who cant open the techtree.
    Can please someone of you provide me a lua log.file.
    At the moment i can only guess where the problem came from from.