[BUG] Screen-Tearing BE:RT using Mantle

Galatian

Warlord
Hey all,

I'm having a graphical issue with BE:RT. As you can see in the screenshot I took, using Mantle causes me to have screen tearing issues. Note I don't have this problem using the DX11 option.

My Computer:

• Intel Core i7-4790K
  • 2 x AMD R9 290X Crossfire Setup newest Catalyst Beta drivers
  • 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR3 RAM
  • ASRock Z97 Extreme9 Mainboard newest Bios
  • LG 27MU67 Freesync Monitor with 3840 x 2160

Also I hope that someone from Firaxis is reading this: We are in 2015...almost 2016. Why don't you have a UI scaling option? Do you have any clue how close I have to sit to my screen to read something? Why does XCOM scale correctly? Because it is using the Unreal Engine? What kind of statement is that? Your own engine does not work as well as the engine from some 3rd party? For some odd reason Aspyr managed to get a "Retina" version to work on Macs.

Also: No sourround sound. I'm having the same issue in Civilization V. Why is there no option to enable it manually? I know it's there and it is supposed to use the system settings. Well my System is set up for 5.1 still I only get stereo sound. All other games work fine with 5.1.

Attachments

• 65980_2015-10-10_00003.jpg
    65980_2015-10-10_00003.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 295
Well I have been playing around. It definitely is Crossfire causing the issue. Waiting for either Firaxis or AMD to bring out a new Crossfire profile. Oh the irony that Crossfire works better with DirectX 11 then Mantle.

Piss poor support through 2K. I've been writing them back and fourth and all they do is simply trouble shooting by the book. I mean where can I actually post bugs?!?

Any support channel for any company will always do troubleshooting by the book. This is standard procedure and will always be given the volume of user error to actual bug ratio. Support channels generally aren't for bug reporting, or bug reporting will only happen once user error has been definitively ruled out.

I doubt Firaxis are responsible for a Crossfire profile, either. You may want to criticise AMD for their shoddy driver support (which is a noted thing, in general, across gaming. nVidia had a bad spot a few years back, seems to be AMD's turn at the moment).

Well you are right of course. It's just that I'm tech savvy and I have done all of the basic trouble shooting BEFORE writing them. I wouldn't write them if I knew the easy solution, so for me it is really annoying that I have to go trough all the steps, especially since I have asked them several times very politely if they would be so kind and escalate my ticket to their superior or directly AMD and Firaxis.

They have finally just done that. No word from AMD though. I just feel a little bit left in the dust because I get no response from anyone.

I'm actually not sure if this is just a AMD problem, because Crossfire works with RT in DirectX11 and work with both Mantle and DirectX11 on Vanilla BE. It would appear that Firaxis made some changes that broke the Mantle Crossfire support.

Ahh, interesting. Could definitely be the interaction with their new sea / water renderer and Crossfire (Crossfire and SLI introduce overhead with regards to draw calls, it's harder to optimise. Company of Heroes 2 had similar issues with their depth-based magickal snow renderer).

Top Bottom