And it's slowly getting starting again. Here is an alpha build.
spear.JPG

spear - Copy.JPG

Still very rough and incomplete. Also I think that I will be moving away from the teamflag look. It just does not look quite nice. I'll see if I can make a proper custom shield texture. But this is a fallback and beta.

Last edited:
Very cool and really a badass :goodjob:

Some ideas if you need inspiration:
I imagine ancient Nod units as more Semitic and not so Greek - or rather something of a fusion.
Maybe instead of a Hoplite helmet it could wear something that covers the face. Like in case of ninjas or hassasins.
I don't know the word for it, bot something like on these pics:
Spoiler :

...or helmet covered with a hood?

Don't get me wrong. It's already great. Just brainstorming :)

Good ideas actually. Makes sense. I'll see what I can whip up along that line in the next couple days and we can compare.

Also, that sort of discussion is exactly why I post the alpha versions of stuff (texture / model stuff without any custom animations or really hard bits). So don't feel shy to offer more suggestions of that type.

I think your doing a great job. As for Zeta's comments I agree on the helmut. As for teamflag, I would use it where it works, and of coarse use normal textures where you feel it doesn't. The number one thing is to enjoy the creative process here.

Love the Scorpion shield I saw in that earlier picture though.

Very cool and really a badass :goodjob:

Some ideas if you need inspiration:
I imagine ancient Nod units as more Semitic and not so Greek - or rather something of a fusion.
Maybe instead of a Hoplite helmet it could wear something that covers the face. Like in case of ninjas or hassasins.
I don't know the word for it, bot something like on these pics:
Spoiler :

...or helmet covered with a hood?

Don't get me wrong. It's already great. Just brainstorming :)

Kane has been all around the Globe in Ancient times as there is Nod symbols in Aztec, Mayan, and Islamic ruins and he makes mention of his familiarity with the Romans. It is also a reoccurring theme that he has Semetic names for his underlings like Gideon and Raveshaw.

Honestly I don't like 99% of those as they just sound randomly made up.

I also don't like those named after characters for the same reason you don't like the idea of taking names from existing civs. It implies that the Tiberium Sun continuity exists and is done when the game might be in an era millennia before it could be. Also because I can't see Kane ever naming bases like that.

He doesn't name bases but he does found city type places. In Tiberian Sun he had a medical colony that worked with mutants and McNeil was one of those mutants there until he was rescued and joined GDI.

He doesn't name bases but he does found city type places. In Tiberian Sun he had a medical colony that worked with mutants and McNeil was one of those mutants there until he was rescued and joined GDI.
So do you have any suggestions about city names? :)

Here is a random thought. Or rather a random conjecture:
  • If Kane is THE Kane as he claims to be that would technically make him jewish. Technically. As in one of the progenitors of them anyway so proto-jewish but that's close enough. And he does claim to be the Messiah which is a jewish term for a savior prophet sent by God.
  • We know that the divergence point between our history and Tiberium Sun / Red Allert is that WW2 newer happened the way it did in our universe thanks to the events of Red Alert 1 where Kane participated. The two universes than further diverge after the Soviets lost in whether the earth was or wasn't hit by a giant glowing space rock of infinite wealth and doom. So the universe didn't have Nazis in the usual sense.
  • Finally we know that GDI repeatedly tries to kill him, dismantle his organization and generally undo everything he stands for.

Does that mean the GDI are technically Nazis? And not even like the neonazis but actual honest to god first iteration Nazis of their universe? I mean, they are a highly technological military force bent on conquering the world and dismantling a country/religion run by a jewish savior figure.

Something to think about. Just don't take it too seriously.

I strongly disagree this theory because:

Cain wasn't Jewish. He wasn't any more of a Jew than Adam and Eve or Noah. According the Bible, there were no nations until Nimrod had started building the Tower of Babel.
Also, Cain was a rebel, a murderer. Because he was lacking real faith, his sacrifice wasn't acceptable to God which made him jealous of Abel so much that he kill him.
We can see a parable here: Cain worshiped God not in an acceptable way but according to his own. Similarly, Kane refers to the Abrahamic religions often but he doesn't really follow any of them.

GDI doesn't pose as Nazis at all: No racial supremacy on their part. They don't persecute the mutants, the Forgotten but rather often ally with them. GDI is a UN peacekeeping force. I would rather have this compare it to the Roman Empire but it's still not perfect analogy.

Something to think about. Just don't take it too seriously.
Errr... did I? :mischief:

On a more serious note I always found it ironic how for all the trappings of evil NOD are actually the good guys in the setting.

I mean, think about it. Tiberium is an unbeatable source of both infinite wealth but also infinite doom that is going to cover the whole world. The setting pretty much makes it clear that this is only a question of when and not if. One way or another humanity has to adapt to a Tiberium dominated world or it will die out. And yet if we embrace it and find some way to adapt to it humanity will have gained a huge source of wealth.

So what do the two factions do about this? Well GDI harvests Tiberium as a resource but other than that their entire strategy is to bunker up in their ever shrinking blue zones and fight a loosing battle to contain and slow down Tiberium spread in hopes that they can draw things out just long enough for it to become next administrations problem. They only come out to fight NOD and even than only when NOD starts winning.

NOD meanwhile has a solution. And that solution is to evolve humans to become compatible with this new world. Now, the price of this solution in human lives is... big. No doubt about that. Flooding the entire planet with Tiberium to mutate everyone is not going to go without significant population loss. But at least it is a solution. NOD is at least trying to save the world even if it is through a cure that's very painful in the short term.

Note that I am basing all my opinions on the original games and deny the existence of anything post Firestorm.

So do you have any suggestions about city names? :)

Its common to have "New" placed in actual City names like "New Detroit" is a place in the C&C universe as well as New Adana. C&C 3 Tiberium wars has a lot of city names for multiplayer maps I think you can use.

I strongly disagree this theory because:

Cain wasn't Jewish. He wasn't any more of a Jew than Adam and Eve or Noah. According the Bible, there were no nations until Nimrod had started building the Tower of Babel.
Also, Cain was a rebel, a murderer. Because he was lacking real faith, his sacrifice wasn't acceptable to God which made him jealous of Abel so much that he kill him.
We can see a parable here: Cain worshiped God not in an acceptable way but according to his own. Similarly, Kane refers to the Abrahamic religions often but he doesn't really follow any of them.

GDI doesn't pose as Nazis at all: No racial supremacy on their part. They don't persecute the mutants, the Forgotten but rather often ally with them. GDI is a UN peacekeeping force. I would rather have this compare it to the Roman Empire but it's still not perfect analogy.

Errr... did I? :mischief:

Yeah Kane isn't bound to the religions of Earth so he isn't Jewish, Christian, or Islamic. Its just that in History and or those Religions he was somehow entangled with their past.

Its common to have "New" placed in actual City names like "New Detroit" is a place in the C&C universe as well as New Adana. C&C 3 Tiberium wars has a lot of city names for multiplayer maps I think you can use.
Also there is Names and Nicknames of places like: Shiner's Yard, Tin City, Small Town USA, Sertao, Wrecktropolis, Rocktagon, Bordertown, Ground Zero, The Arid Remains, Crosstown, Murderer's Row, Empire City, Craters of Camden, Dark Waters, Hammerfest Base, Fields of Isis, Casabad Facility, Goddard Space center, Amazon Desert Lab, GDI Treasury Complex, Scrin Crash Site, Phoenix Base, Temple Of The Tacitus, Daedalus Complex, Colony 3, Trondheim Colony or (Colony 6), Provo Utah medical Colony, Casey's Canyon, The cliffs of insanity, Grassy Knoll, Cityscape, Hidden Valley, Tiberium Forrest, Tiberium Terrace Tiberium Gardens. More to come

Your forgetting also the third timeline that happens when the Soviets after losing in Red Alert 2 have a scientist and a couple military commanders go back in time again, erase einstein before he helped the Allies, and accidently created the Empire of the Rising Sun, in a timeline without atomic theory and thus no nuclear weapons.

Your forgetting also the third timeline that happens when the Soviets after losing in Red Alert 2 have a scientist and a couple military commanders go back in time again, erase einstein before he helped the Allies, and accidently created the Empire of the Rising Sun, in a timeline without atomic theory and thus no nuclear weapons.

I don't know if its without Nuclear weapons but the soviets do manage to make an bomb with a 50 megaton yield. No idea if it was with nuclear components.

I don't know if its without Nuclear weapons but the soviets do manage to make an bomb with a 50 megaton yield. No idea if it was with nuclear components.
As far as what I accept as cannon and thus use for my work I pretty much draw the line after Firestorm and Yuris Revenge. And I am debating if I should even count Firestorm because I didn't particularly enjoy the story of that one. Ironically enough I actually don't mind the story of the later Tiberium games. It sits better with me with Firestorm which just feels like padding. Well aside from murdering Slavik off screen. He was awesome and deserved a more heroic ending. But I found the gameplay and art design of those to be just utterly meh. So they are thrown out on principal.

And Red Alert 3 was just bad. Both in terms of story, art design and everything else. Really the only thing that clicked with me was that campaign in the expansion with the Japanese hero girl and her backstory. But who ever thought mandatory COOP in the campaign was a good idea should be thrown into a grinder.

As far as what I accept as cannon and thus use for my work I pretty much draw the line after Firestorm and Yuris Revenge. And I am debating if I should even count Firestorm because I didn't particularly enjoy the story of that one. Ironically enough I actually don't mind the story of the later Tiberium games. It sits better with me with Firestorm which just feels like padding. Well aside from murdering Slavik off screen. He was awesome and deserved a more heroic ending. But I found the gameplay and art design of those to be just utterly meh. So they are thrown out on principal.

And Red Alert 3 was just bad. Both in terms of story, art design and everything else. Really the only thing that clicked with me was that campaign in the expansion with the Japanese hero girl and her backstory. But who ever thought mandatory COOP in the campaign was a good idea should be thrown into a grinder.

Firestorm was great because of the Original potential it setup for C&C 3 before it got canned. Cabal was suppose to return and try to assimilate the scrin once they showed up. There actually was debate in the community whether Slavic was actually killed because one a few photos in game 3.

Firestorm was great because of the Original potential it setup for C&C 3 before it got canned. Cabal was suppose to return and try to assimilate the scrin once they showed up. There actually was debate in the community whether Slavic was actually killed because one a few photos in game 3.
I seem to recall hearing somewhere that he was supposed to be in the later game but they couldn't reach an agreement with the actor. Probably didn't want to pay him enough or something if you ask me.

Also, I have come up with a concept idea for what NOD classical units might look like. Expect to see an alpha soon.

And here is another alpha build.
PROTOTYPE.png

I wanted an armored model because I dislike unarmored infantry. I also wanted to incorporate some of that image from before but not make it anachronistic like it is. I mean, seriously, it has a leather jacket.
So I ended up with something that's half Greek, half legionary, half Nod. I am not yet satisfied with the model. It is an early alpha with rough edges. But I want your input on if you think it's going in the right direction.

Top Bottom