C2C - F1 /Advisor Icon not working

I also play in windowed mode and everything is fine.

I have not adjusted what appears in that adviser however.

Is it possible your CustomDomAdv.txt file in UserSettings has become corrupt?

I also play in windowed mode and everything is fine.

I have not adjusted what appears in that adviser however.

Is it possible your CustomDomAdv.txt file in UserSettings has become corrupt?

"possible" is nearby all, but I just downloaded von SVN and replaced full /Assets/
so it is not probable.

F1 is important for me alway as that is the table of all cities with its producion etc. and a fine way to manage greater amount of cities. (I have no idea how to play Ce´2C with giant map w/o F1)

I took my game version of 2015/12/04 (what probably is game version date of 2015/10/23) and load an old game save of 2014/12/23 and there F1 works fine.

So it is not a PC thing but something changed in between causing the F1 problem.

However, the new sav do crash when I try to load it with that version

"possible" is nearby all, but I just downloaded von SVN and replaced full /Assets/
so it is not probable.

F1 is important for me alway as that is the table of all cities with its producion etc. and a fine way to manage greater amount of cities. (I have no idea how to play Ce´2C with giant map w/o F1)

It is not in the Assets folder. It is in the UserSettings folder which is at the same level as the Assets folder.

It is not in the Assets folder. It is in the UserSettings folder which is at the same level as the Assets folder.

anyways, I made now a total new installation with it and its same: V35 works fine, V36 release 9034 no F1 working

anyways, I made now a total new installation with it and its same: V35 works fine, V36 release 9034 no F1 working

Did you save your usersettings folder from v35 and use it to replace the default Empty User settings folder that each new version has?

And surely you are not keeping 2 Caveman2Cosmos Mods in the BtS\Mods folder are you?

It would seem the problem is on your end Dreifels.

JosEPh

The last test:

F:\Civ_4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
I replace ALL files of \Caveman2Cosmos by
SVN 9036 H:\Civ4 C2C SVN (what is my SVN download folder), except folder .svn

So F:\Civ_4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos is absolute identically with the current SVN

Result: F1 not working

Then I renamed F:\Civ_4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos to F:\Civ_4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\new-Caveman2Cosmos
and extract the 2015' 7z package of F:\Civ_4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos which has last file dates October 23, 2015 and load an old game played past Christmas with this.

Result: F1 works fine

Then I delete that folder and renamed the "new-Caveman2Cosmos" back to Caveman2Cosmos.
Then load an old sav of 2014 made with V35 download version that time, and V36 could load it (while the sav of 2015 Christmas sav made with v35 svn does crash if I try to load it with V36). Also with this old sav of 2014 F1 did NOT work in V36, but with the v35

So, what may be the thing? I only can see that the problem is with v36

Or, what is my suspect, yours is running fine as you never made a total fresh installation of v36 but are carrying just the one(?) related file causing this of v35.

(btw, the sav made with v36 does crash with v35)

Edit:
I have stored in backup as a 7z the images with file date 2015-12-04 which is SVN V35 and SVN image of 2015-10-23 of V35, both w/o folder ".svn"
( ~ 700 resp. 890 MB size)

The last test:

F:\Civ_4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
I replace ALL files of \Caveman2Cosmos by
SVN 9036 H:\Civ4 C2C SVN (what is my SVN download folder), except folder .svn

So F:\Civ_4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos is absolute identically with the current SVN

Result: F1 not working

Then I renamed F:\Civ_4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos to F:\Civ_4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\new-Caveman2Cosmos
and extract the 2015' 7z package of F:\Civ_4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos which has last file dates October 23, 2015 and load an old game played past Christmas with this.

Result: F1 works fine

Then I delete that folder and renamed the "new-Caveman2Cosmos" back to Caveman2Cosmos.
Then load an old sav of 2014 made with V35 download version that time, and V36 could load it (while the sav of 2015 Christmas sav made with v35 svn does crash if I try to load it with V36). Also with this old sav of 2014 F1 did NOT work in V36, but with the v35

So, what may be the thing? I only can see that the problem is with v36

Or, what is my suspect, yours is running fine as you never made a total fresh installation of v36 but are carrying just the one(?) related file causing this of v35.

(btw, the sav made with v36 does crash with v35)

Edit:
I have stored in backup as a 7z the images with file date 2015-12-04 which is SVN V35 and SVN image of 2015-10-23 of V35, both w/o folder ".svn"
( ~ 700 resp. 890 MB size)[/QUOTE]

Edit 2
I'm just downloading the downoad version v36 of 23.Oct 2015 from the link here told.
As I Understand, as my filedate of the version I refer to is of 23.10.2015,, it is the 36 and not the 35.

and also that one you tell abone.

Now I will see, if that version works with F1 and do a total file comparision (by total commander compare file contents) to see what is the dfference.

So, first I tried the google-version.
CTD when start loading last sav. For a very little time, too short that I could read it, was there a game progam message.

second, I tried the downloaded file of the version which is here linked (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=288570).
Here I got a C++ Runtime Error message just when start to load the sav

Result: the current sav of the game created and played by the current svn I *only* can load with this svn version.

Means, there is a big difference between these three versions. May I use the word "bug" ?

next tests:
I took the google version and created a new game
- F1 problem occurs :mad:

I took the download version from here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=288570)
NO F1 Problem. F1 works fine :)
(but several errors for setup script, I think well kown)

in UserSettings folder I don't have any .tx file but .ini files only

a file "CustomDomAdv.txt" I can't find.

made some more test.
The F1 problem is caused by a file in /Assets
either one of .dll or the FPK, or one of /Assets/Modules/ or one of /Assets/Python/
These I could not test as I'm not familar with it.

But all other files do not cause the problem.
(I copied all to the F1 working version and it was not affected, F1 still worked fine)

But I see that in Python the CivMainInterface.py changed and the .dll, too.
All other filenames are not suspect. But Pyton and dll is not my thing.

Try to remove FPK one by one
Game should start without them.

Try to remove FPK one by one
Game should start without them.

no success.
Not sure if I understood you right, but I renamed the .FPK in F:\Civ_4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets one, start game, test, extit, renamend back, took next, and so on.

No sucess. no F1 working

Top Bottom