• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

C2C - Fake Goods

As far as I know it should be possible by having the data type of the yield changing attribute specified as "decimal" instead of "int". Would probably need an own schema for the goods if doing it though, so might be more trouble than it's worth.

Changing the yield datatype from int to float would probably require Koshling to go through thousands of lines of code; there are probably a hundred places where yields are assessed, calculated, etc. in the engine. Anyplace where it expects to add or multiply a yield by something and is looking for an int would need to be changed.

Changing the yield datatype from int to float would probably require Koshling to go through thousands of lines of code; there are probably a hundred places where yields are assessed, calculated, etc. in the engine. Anyplace where it expects to add or multiply a yield by something and is looking for an int would need to be changed.

Yeh, in general it's simpler to just scale it and keep it being an int (but in unnits of hundredths say), but either way it's a fair amount of work in the DLL (but not hard, just tedious).

You need Dye.
I don't understand why people don't look into civilopedia. Check Poison Crafting in technology category for details.

I checked Civilopedia but I looked on Poison Crafter Hut - there is info that you need poison to build it.

You need Dye.
I don't understand why people don't look into civilopedia. Check Poison Crafting in technology category for details.

Yep, its rare but if you have dye and another resource you can get a building that unlocks poison.

Dye + Wine = Belladonna
Dye + Prime Timber = Curare
Dye + Olives = Death Cap Mushroom
Dye + Coffee = Poison Dart Frog

You need Dye.

I did look, it (Good - Poison) just says that you need the tech. I have lots of dye but none of the other stuff.

@Hydro
It would be really helpful if that information is shown in pedia article of Good (Poison) directly.

I know, but people didn't know it. I think articles of Goods generally are not informative enough. Players have to search other articles to know how they can get goods. At least, buildings which provide certain goods should be shown in the pedia article of that goods.

I know, but people didn't know it. I think articles of Goods generally are not informative enough. Players have to search other articles to know how they can get goods. At least, buildings which provide certain goods should be shown in the pedia article of that goods.

I am not going to put the "recipes" in text since they have been changed a few times. If you recall the old poison system had a different poison promotion for each poison type. Now we only have one.

I am not going to put the "recipes" in text since they have been changed a few times. If you recall the old poison system had a different poison promotion for each poison type. Now we only have one.

I could enhance the DLL to add a line for free buildings to say what generates them, which would mean that for good it would tell you what building provided them automatically (you'd then have to look that up to find out what vicinity bonuses it needed but at least theer would be a link)

Talking about poison maybe the subdued snake could build a snake pit or something that would give good poison to the city, because I subdued a good number of snake but never see a combo that give a poison type.

Now I understand why I've not been able to get Ambusher for sometime now.

My Maps just don't generate enough Dye and the corresponding additive resources to get it.

Maybe it's become too specialized/restricted?

Hydro wrote:I am not going to put the "recipes" in text since they have been changed a few times. If you recall the old poison system had a different poison promotion for each poison type. Now we only have one.

I liked that system, but like so many of the "systems" we've had in the past it's in a constant state of flux. :crazyeye:

JosEPh ;)

Love the idea about the snake pit! Poison, and many other goods for that matter, is too tough to access currently.

These goods are just awesome but many don't have quite the benefit they should have imo... but where to draw the line right?

For example, take a look at eggs and poultry. They don't actually do anything. You'd think they'd give at least a little food, perhaps a little happiness in that they represent a wider variety on the plate now that you have acheived them but nope... nothing.

But then if we try to go through and give each good a bonus such as food, gold, production, etc... we overwhelm the current numeric balance system and throw it terribly out of whack. Yes, if we could decimalize food, happiness, unhealth etc, that could be VERY helpful in giving us the numeric leeway we'd need for such a system of fine-tuning.

Still, I think the fake goods system is brilliant but its inability to take part in trading and corporations is a huge weakness. Furthermore, I feel we should be pushing towards a numeric resource system that accounts for limited volumes. One egg does not feed the entire nation, nor does one source of oil support the whole country. Wars are fought over volumes, not just yes/no access. And for as realistic a feel as we're going for, we will never find it until we can volumize resources AND goods.

I could enhance the DLL to add a line for free buildings to say what generates them, which would mean that for good it would tell you what building provided them automatically (you'd then have to look that up to find out what vicinity bonuses it needed but at least theer would be a link)

Well one of the main problems is if something requires an OR building such as building X OR building Y then they will not include hyperlinks.

Love the idea about the snake pit! Poison, and many other goods for that matter, is too tough to access currently.

Yeah a snake pit could be cool. Especially if linked to the Cobra.

For example, take a look at eggs and poultry. They don't actually do anything. You'd think they'd give at least a little food, perhaps a little happiness in that they represent a wider variety on the plate now that you have acheived them but nope... nothing.

They all originally did. However people said that the cities were benefiting too much. Which is why all the goods were "nerfed". Personally I would like them to do stuff, but apparently it broke the game too much to where it was way too easy. Every city had food and production and wealth upon founding them. And they grew very fast.

Top Bottom