C2c- Guilds and Corporations Discussion and Ideas

Any bonuses. iirc the military corporation only uses manufactured resources.

I never used corporations because they would never make money only loose it. The increase at your corporate head quarters of 10:gold: per city never balanced the cost of 75:gold: in each city. At least not until Zappara added the corporate special buildings.

Thanks, I'm gonna look for Renissance corporations first.

Got it.
So the Executive Unit is generic correct, except the name text?

We would need an icon.

Resources, it can be any Bonus right, or just Map bonuses?

I don't really know. I have never made/modded a corporation before. I guess you can discover it yourself. You may want to contact vincentz since he made the add-on corporations for AND/RoM.

Removed.
Adding to Addon.

What's the problem, if we don't have it I'll make it.

Well looks like we have a Goat Farm, but do not have a Hops Farm. Also what buildings should make yeast and thermometers?

Should a thermometer even be a resource?

Yeast at Bakery.
Hops at Brewery?
Thermometer at Chemistry Lab.

Yes, measuring temperature is one of the standard Units of measurement. I can see about 10 buildings requiring it starting with Weather Station, and Foundry .

Yes, a Big Yes.

Thermometer , Calculators, Clocks, Scales, Microscope, Telescope, Kilowatt Meter, Speedometer, Gas Meter, Ruler, Measuring Cup (Classical) , Gauge, Graduated Cylinder (Renassiance) , Protractor, Level, Geiger Counter, Microphone, Polarizer.

They are a 9/10 in importance for technological advancement.
What can be more important than instruments of measurement lol.
This are the basic ones, we don't need the specialized ones.

Blacksmith should make Scissors, Archimedes Screw, Hammer(Nails are included) , Pickaxe, Cookware (Pots, Pans, Utensils included etc), Pulley, Knife, Rake, Anvil, Spade, Saw, and Shovel.

I can see buildings before the Blacksmith getting a boost with those bonuses.

Blacksmith should make Scissors, Archimedes Screw, Hammer(Nails are included) , Pickaxe, Cookware (Pots, Pans, Utensils included etc), Pulley, Knife, Rake, Spade, Saw, and Shovel.

Yeah but most of that stuff are covered in the various wares such as Copper Wares, Iron Wares, Bronze Wares, etc. That way we don't have to name every single tool possible. Just like how Stone Tools and Power Tools are generalized into a single group instead of a Stone Adze or a Power Drill.

Yeah but most of that stuff are covered in the various wares such as Copper Wares, Iron Wares, Bronze Wares, etc. That way we don't have to name every single tool possible. Just like how Stone Tools and Power Tools are generalized into a single group instead of a Stone Adze or a Power Drill.

I'll add them to Modmod then, Wares is way too generic, I was thinking Pulley can add +1 :hammers: to Farms, Shovel +1 :food: to Crops, Pickaxe + 1 :hammers: to early mines etc. Those are the standard tools in Runescape.

. Are you going to add thermometers and the measuring instruments?

MrAzure: I'm definitely going to want your help with equipment when we get to developing that. I think general tool categorizations outside of some very key tools like hammers, shovels etc would be useful. Wares is too generic, yes, but an awl might be too specific. Though I suppose it could be useful for modifying the tanning worker buildings, required for cobbler etc...

The point is don't make things too specific where tools are concerned. There are a LOT of tools the human race have developed and it could be hell managing them all as resources. But tools can also become useful equipments so we might want to start thinking about them in more specific terms than we have so far.

Removed.
Adding to Addon

Thunderbrd, my only issue is that Tools would create a alot of crafter buildings and I don't like that. and I recommend that the bulk of Tools be enabled by a collective building. We can require the raw materials for the building and have them enable the tools.

Handyman
Blacksmith
Instrumenteer
Mechanic
Inventor
Machinest
Engineer
Hardware Store
Electronics Retailer
Augmented Equipment Retailer
Bioenhancement Center

Specialty Tools like Paintbrush, Geiger Counter, Ballpoint Pen and Thermometer can be unlocked by a building that uses that tool in their trade.

Handyman
Blacksmith = We have tons of "smiths" including an "Ironsmith"
Mechanic = We have an Auto Repair Shop
Instrumenteer
Inventor = We have an Inventors Workshop
Machinest
Engineer = We have an Engineers School
Hardware Store = We have a Farm Supply Store however I think this would be good. I will try to post up stome stat for this in the building thread.
Electronics Retailer = We ahve an Electronics Store
Augmented Equipment Retailer
Bioenhancement Center = Don't we have this?

What? I never said we didn't have some of them I was making a list of what buildings would enable the bulk of Tools.

Mechanic as in someone who works with Mechanical devices. (gears), why did you think Auto Body Shop?

Engineer as in someone who is an Electrical /Civil / Thermodynamics /Chemical /Metallurgy Engineer.

Removed.
Adding to Addon.

I'll add them to Modmod then, Wares is way too generic, I was thinking Pulley can add +1 :hammers: to Farms, Shovel +1 :food: to Crops, Pickaxe + 1 :hammers: to early mines etc. Those are the standard tools in Runescape.

. Are you going to add thermometers and the measuring instruments?

Ever since Prehistoric we have been making tools, which have been enabling or giving bonuses to buildings/improvements/units etc. All (okay mostly) without them needing to be represented as a Resource. Why can't we keep doing that in later eras? If you have a wheelwright and a ropemaker, you can be assumed to have pulleys. If you don't like that because pulleys had to be invented, then you give the bonus from pulleys when you get the requisite tech (assuming you've got the wheelwright & ropemaker). When it is something very specialized to make and requiring lots of materials (like a thermometer or a microscope), you would have a building that produces the bonus(es), but a generic Scientific Equipment Factory is as far as you need go - anything more specific is clutter imo.

I don't see why even Rope, Sails, Clothing, Hats (etc. etc.) needed to be resources. I suppose some of these can in theory be traded (not in practice because no AI will pay for them, and if they have spare they even give them away for free). It would be consistent with these to have a few resources with names like "Tools - Ancient" or maybe even "Tools, Agricultural - Ancient". But please nothing more specific. If you still think a resource "Thermometers" (etc. etc.) is needed, please please tell me why...:)

Well, to me the Thermometer represents the measurement of temperature.

The resource is there to give a boost in stats for buildings that are more efficient when thermometers are used (measurement of temperature), but that existed before thermometers were invented .

Bakery /Cooking
+1 food or +1 culture with Thermometer

Medicine
-1 disease with Thermometer

Weather
+1 science with Thermometer

Metallurgy
+1 production with Thermometer

For buildings that existed after Thermometer, the resource won't be required for many since it became mainstream everywhere.

I'm saying it does not have to be a resource to give bonuses. The Stone Tool Maker doesn't give any resource, but it certainly gives bonuses. Of course we understand it to create stone tools, but there is no need for them to be represented as a resource.

To give bonuses is not a sufficient reason to make a resource, which leaves Thermometers without a reason to exist as one...

Face it, there are probably thousands of manufactured goods as significant as Thermometers. It is simply not possible to represent them all as resources, nor is there any need to. You have one Industrial-era factory for "instruments (scientific)", and when you have all the techs necessary to invent and make thermometers, that building is assumed to make them, and you get all the bonuses that thermometers give.

Top Bottom