1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C: Promotions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by ls612, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

What are you talking about? All the promotions have been gold in color (Except for the medic promotions).

Civ 4 Promotions
    http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/info/promotions

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Mine have always been pure white before?

3. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

4. Actuarian

Actuarian Warlord

It is "allowed" right now with the animal/babarian hunter promotions, even though they aren't working as originally intended. I'm just saying you could leave them as is instead of trying to "fix" the promotions, and just change the description of the promotions. It would work differently for those not using dynamic experience, but I doubt there are many of those.

I haven't seen any enemy units with those promotions lately, but I haven't been looking real carefully.

5. Actuarian

Actuarian Warlord

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I don't think the Hunter I promotion is working with sea creatures. I was looking at the combat odds for my war galley with the Hunter I promotion attacking a hammer head shark (one with the bugged +360% vs wooden ships promotion). It still showed a 4.00 attack instead of 6.00, so it doesn't look like it was getting the bonus.

If ships shouldn't be getting the bonus fighting against sea creatures, then ships really shouldn't have the Hunter I promotion available.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Yes, that is a bug. I did not change the promotions when I changed the sea creatures to their own combat class.

7. Tipsy3000

Tipsy3000 Chieftain

Just a simple question about the banditry promotion, do you have to be in a city for it to take effect or slap them in the country side? so far iv had 3 units sitting right outside an enemy city all with 3 levels of banditry but they dont seem to be increasing crime rates.

8. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

It should if I did it correctly. I may not have though, as I don't understand the Property System coding as well as I probably should.:rolleyes: AIAndy, how should it be set up to apply the crime to the tiles as well as cities?

9. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

@DH: Do you still want those Barbarian Diplomat promotions once I get back?

10. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

<GameObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_CITY</GameObjectType> means it applies to a city.
    Use <GameObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_PLOT</GameObjectType> instead so it applies to the plot (or have separate sources for both).

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Yes please. Still not urgent but I should have the first part of the barbarian diplomacy working for v25 or v26.

12. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Ah, I need both for it to work right. One more thing to change when I get back.

13. animalvgamer

animalvgamer Chieftain

Is it possible to have promotions that add "+1 Strength" instead of "+10% Strength?"

If so, it would make the development scene a more interesting place, as a player must weigh a less effective in early game 10% against a less effective late game +1.

14. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Mind though that a single source does not allow for two such tags so you have to make them separate sources.

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

This is something I have planned... there's some coding on this somewhere in the FFH2 source codes I've got and I thought this would be kinda cool too.

16. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Warlord

I second this notion. I believe they did this in FFH. It was really nice for hero units that got loads of exp and had tons of promotions.

17. robomani

robomani Chieftain

You could make each upgrade promo remplace the preceding one withe all the combined bonus, if we can remove and lock promo with others.

18. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Both of these issues should now be fixed on the SVN.

19. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

What happened to the name of the Hunter promotions? They have that weird "(+1 First Stike)" tacked on to the name. Is that a work-in-progress that wasn't removed?

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Show a screen dump in the bug thread.