C2C: Promotions

That will require SDK work as there is noting in the XML which would allow this.

Most people have been complaining that the AI is choosing these promotions too much. :) I changed it so that these promotions require the first woodsman or gurella promotion. I have not had any complaints since but I don't know if that is because the AI is never choosing these promotions or not.

Also I suspect that the AI is not taking into account the Outcome System bonuses when choosing a promotion. For example the extra percentages on capture of animals.

It is "allowed" right now with the animal/babarian hunter promotions, even though they aren't working as originally intended. I'm just saying you could leave them as is instead of trying to "fix" the promotions, and just change the description of the promotions. It would work differently for those not using dynamic experience, but I doubt there are many of those.

I haven't seen any enemy units with those promotions lately, but I haven't been looking real carefully.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I don't think the Hunter I promotion is working with sea creatures. I was looking at the combat odds for my war galley with the Hunter I promotion attacking a hammer head shark (one with the bugged +360% vs wooden ships promotion). It still showed a 4.00 attack instead of 6.00, so it doesn't look like it was getting the bonus.

If ships shouldn't be getting the bonus fighting against sea creatures, then ships really shouldn't have the Hunter I promotion available.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I don't think the Hunter I promotion is working with sea creatures. I was looking at the combat odds for my war galley with the Hunter I promotion attacking a hammer head shark (one with the bugged +360% vs wooden ships promotion). It still showed a 4.00 attack instead of 6.00, so it doesn't look like it was getting the bonus.

If ships shouldn't be getting the bonus fighting against sea creatures, then ships really shouldn't have the Hunter I promotion available.

Yes, that is a bug. I did not change the promotions when I changed the sea creatures to their own combat class.

Just a simple question about the banditry promotion, do you have to be in a city for it to take effect or slap them in the country side? so far iv had 3 units sitting right outside an enemy city all with 3 levels of banditry but they dont seem to be increasing crime rates.

Just a simple question about the banditry promotion, do you have to be in a city for it to take effect or slap them in the country side? so far iv had 3 units sitting right outside an enemy city all with 3 levels of banditry but they dont seem to be increasing crime rates.

It should if I did it correctly. I may not have though, as I don't understand the Property System coding as well as I probably should.:rolleyes: AIAndy, how should it be set up to apply the crime to the tiles as well as cities?

It should if I did it correctly. I may not have though, as I don't understand the Property System coding as well as I probably should.:rolleyes: AIAndy, how should it be set up to apply the crime to the tiles as well as cities?
<GameObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_CITY</GameObjectType> means it applies to a city.
Use <GameObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_PLOT</GameObjectType> instead so it applies to the plot (or have separate sources for both).

<GameObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_CITY</GameObjectType> means it applies to a city.
Use <GameObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_PLOT</GameObjectType> instead so it applies to the plot (or have separate sources for both).

Ah, I need both for it to work right. One more thing to change when I get back.

Is it possible to have promotions that add "+1 Strength" instead of "+10% Strength?"

If so, it would make the development scene a more interesting place, as a player must weigh a less effective in early game 10% against a less effective late game +1.

Is it possible to have promotions that add "+1 Strength" instead of "+10% Strength?"

If so, it would make the development scene a more interesting place, as a player must weigh a less effective in early game 10% against a less effective late game +1.

This is something I have planned... there's some coding on this somewhere in the FFH2 source codes I've got and I thought this would be kinda cool too.

This probably does not go here but a side issue on promotions is the way they are displayed when you select a unit (or stack). Basically if you have combat 1 to combat 6 then only combat 6 is shown but the hover over of the promotion details the total affect of the promotions. Not sure how this would work for a stack where you show all the promotions for all the units with the number of units having each.

In a stack the list showing just the top promotion of each line will probably shorten the list a bit.

I second this notion. I believe they did this in FFH. It was really nice for hero units that got loads of exp and had tons of promotions.

You could make each upgrade promo remplace the preceding one withe all the combined bonus, if we can remove and lock promo with others.

Unless you fixed it since the 10 June svn (not sure about the number) the Woodsman II still grants double movement but the Guerrilla II does not. It makes the Guerrilla line incredibly weak by comparison and makes the Forestry promotion pointless.

Both of these issues should now be fixed on the SVN.

What happened to the name of the Hunter promotions? They have that weird "(+1 First Stike)" tacked on to the name. Is that a work-in-progress that wasn't removed?

Top Bottom