C2C SVN Changelog

1. Is that going to give me a log on stuff like above, so i can keep better track of what i am missing, like the (s) in Binding?
2. Didnt know that was a problem, thx for fixing that, thats a must infact;)
3. Dont quite understand what a mal- translated tech ids if, sorry:blush:
4. Now that sounds very interesting, and also, much needed.:)

Also lately there has been an influx of mini-dumps, anything to be concerned about?

Nope, there won't be any log, but then again you shouldn't need to do anything now I've fixed the load. The mal-translated ids were what resulted from loading the reseach queue and then not translating the tech id after a tech tree change. This fix prevents that happening any more, but any games that were saved in that state have the bad translation 'baked in' so it still has to cope. The case that was giving it a headache was where the id for the thing you were researching changed to be a much lower value tech. So suppose you were researching Monarchy at cost 500 (illustrative numbers only), towards which you'd got 300 points so far when you saved. The tech tree than got changed, and when you next loaded the id that used to be monarchy is now something a lot cheaper (axe making say), with cost 100. Because the load didnt translate the id, it thought you were researching axe making. The first fix adds the necessary translation so it would change the id to the right one for monarchy when it loaded the game. However, if you saved the game in that state (i.e. - in a version before the first fix) the save would have all the right data for axe making and loading it again with a fixed version really thinks you meant axe making. Now when it tries to process multiple research and finds that you have enough points to have finished including any overflow, but in this case you have 300 saved up for a tech that costs 100, so researching it ADDS 200 to the overflow. The AI also didn't handle multiple research by immediately setting a new research goal, so it thought it wanted to research axe making AGAIN. This basically causes it to keep adding to the overflow in a loop that continually researches the same tech. It's all down to not setting a new tech goal on completing the first (it did THAT at the start of a turn only, which is fine without mutliple research but not with), and not expecting to already have accrued more towards a tech than it costs in the first place (which can only arise because of the mal-translated ids)

I've been looking at minidumps and so far the only one that appears concerning (i.e. - implicates the DLL, others all being graphical) is yesterday's crash that Sgtslick reported, which I cannot reproduce, but the minidump for which definately indicates a DLL problem.

Current SVN:
BUILDINGCLASS_CRIME_VIGILANTISM has a default building of BUILDING_CRIME_VIGILANTISMY which does not exist (should be BUILDING_CRIME_VIGILANTISM I presume?)

Oops! Spelling error. I had the same spelling error in another part of the code I fixed. I will go fix. Thanks for reporting.

EDIT: Fixed.

Partial implementation of AI unit production tendering to allow cities to build units for one another. Not yet activated in this build.

Oooh this sound good, so they won't build unpromoted archers in new cities that will take 13 turns that'll help them alot.

Partial implementation of AI unit production tendering to allow cities to build units for one another. Not yet activated in this build.

Oooh this sound good, so they won't build unpromoted archers in new cities that will take 13 turns that'll help them alot.

Yeh, the idea is that rather than building a unit for itself, a city will advertise for it, and all the cities of that player will bid for the work, based on a priority system (so a high priority request can be met by any city who's current build is lower priority, but high priority local builds will stop the city bidding on a lower priority unit contract). The city that scores highest with its bid 'wins' the work (the score is based on the AI evaluation of the unit that will result (including any promotions it gets from the bidding city) depreciated by how long it will take to arrive at the requesting city, which obviously also depends on the bidding city's production modifiers and base production, as well as its distance).

I got sick of seeing the AI founding new cities and wasting time building unpromoted units in them, while its big cities did research or something.

Note that existing units that don't have high priority tasks can also respond to these bids, cutting out the need to always build at all.

I'm testing this now, and hopefully it will go live in the SVN later this week.

Updates
- Re-Added UN Mission back. (It was in RoM/AND before Afforess took it out in later versions)

Removed is because they don't work right. They are a special type of your attack forces allowing you to saturate another nation's territory with units in place to attack them when you declare war.

Removed is because they don't work right. They are a special type of your attack forces allowing you to saturate another nation's territory with units in place to attack them when you declare war.

Doesn't the UN module require a good bit of Python to function properly? If so then it's a problem I can't fix.

Current SVN:

Code:
		<UnitClassInfo>
			<Type>UNITCLASS_DEER_ARCHER</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_DEER_ARCHER</Description>
			<iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
			<iMaxTeamInstances>-1</iMaxTeamInstances>
			[B]<iMaxPlayerInstances>-15</iMaxPlayerInstances>[/B]
			<iInstanceCostModifier>0</iInstanceCostModifier>
			<DefaultUnit>UNIT_DEER_ARCHER</DefaultUnit>
		</UnitClassInfo>

should be 15 not -15 !

Current SVN:

Code:
		<UnitClassInfo>
			<Type>UNITCLASS_DEER_ARCHER</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_DEER_ARCHER</Description>
			<iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
			<iMaxTeamInstances>-1</iMaxTeamInstances>
			[B]<iMaxPlayerInstances>-15</iMaxPlayerInstances>[/B]
			<iInstanceCostModifier>0</iInstanceCostModifier>
			<DefaultUnit>UNIT_DEER_ARCHER</DefaultUnit>
		</UnitClassInfo>

should be 15 not -15 !

Well that explains why I could build an infinite number.:mischief:

More Techs

Ground Stones
Req Techs: Herbalism AND Hard-Hammer Percussion

Atlatl Making
Req Techs: Spear Fishing AND Wood Working

Harpoon Making
Req Techs: Atlatl Making AND Boat Fishing

Changed ...

Natural Pigments
Tech Req: Ground Stones AND Controlled Fire

Archery
Tech Req: Sedentary Lifestyle AND Obsidian Weapons AND Atlatl Making

Whaling
Tech Req: Oil Lamps AND Optics AND Harpoon Making

Camel Riding
Change Name To: Camel Domestication
Tech Req: Livestock Domestication

Elephant Riding
Change Name To: Elephant Domestication
Tech Req: Livestock Domestication

Horseback Riding
Change Name To: Animal Riding
Tech Req: Equine Domestication OR Camel Domestication OR Elephant Domestication

Megafauna Domestication
Tech Req: Equine Domestication AND Camel Domestication AND Elephant Domestication

Added City name to Navajo (Thx DH)
Coyotero
Waicuri

Update
- Move map new resource game text into core.
- Remove donkey art from donkey folder since it is now in core. (I forgot this one.)

Yes I a doing it slow and steady to reduce the likelihood I forget something. ;)

Top Bottom