C2C SVN Changelog

If you followed the instructions in the first post for modders then you will already be using svn+ssh as am I. So that part we are doing correctly.

The rest just says that their software does not provide a solution to the need for entering the password many times. In fact it causes the problem. The fix is to install yet another bit of software. That software remembers your password for you for the time of the connection to the SVN. At least I hope it is only for the period of the session. that is as far as I got.

It doesn't work for me (no idea why), whichbis why I switched to https instead (which has other issues, but at least most of the time it works)

Update:

-Added a working VC 2010 project & solution.

This doesn't give any benefits except it allows me to round-trip with the VS 2013 preview and get a modern code editor. The build is still exactly the same.

The issue was the ';' at the end of the line with the 'for' statement:
Code:
for (int iI = 0; iI < GC.getNumUnitCombatInfos(); iI++);
This terminates the stamen, making the loop JUST what is specified in the 'for', and the subsequent (intended) 'loop body' is just a sequentially following statement that happens to be enclosed in curly braces (so it has it's own scope, which doesn't have any impact here). The net effect is that the loop executes and leaves iI set to on past the end of the valid range for combat infos. It is then used in the following statement (the one that was INTENDED as a loop body), which causes the assertion failure. If you tell it to continue (or anyway in anything but the DEBUG version) it will attempt to use the 'modifier value' that happens to be in the memory past the end of the array - this is (for all intents and purposes) uninitialized and will either crash (if it's not valid memory) or (much more likely) return a random modifier (so could explain reports of crazy modifier values).

The fix was just to move the spurious ';' (so a one character fix)
iI should actually not be visible after the for loop or at least cause a warning but I guess our compiler is old enough to still consider that valid.

Update: Fix to art references in Promotionlineinfos

Personal note: My weekend was completely shot due to the 120 degree heat we had here.

I got off work Friday and we decided to go out to grab a bite to eat. Pulled off the freeway and the vehicle lost power and started smoking. Turns out I busted the serpentine belt... ouch. So we walked down to a mechanic two blocks away and got the vehicle towed there to be repaired and caught a cab back home. Picked up the vehicle in the morning only to find out now its still overheating. Put it back in the shop Sunday morning to fix what we thought was the culprit only to find out when getting it out of the shop and taking it for a test drive it was still more than ready to strand us once again by the side of the road, overheating and losing power. Now the vehicles back in the shop again but the $ is gone for further repairs so it looks like I'll be losing another couple of hours a day by having to bus it around town for a couple of months.

That and the internet services on most of our transmitter boxes around the apartment are completely fried so its really only morning and late night when I get a decent connection. The rest of the time its a serious struggle just to get a page up.

Anyhow... point being my contributions will be slowed considerably for now.

Just pushed to SVN (5686):
  • Fixed CTD reported by SO, Joseph, TC
  • Performance improvements for AI tech trading
  • Performance improvements for blockade evaluation

Pretty sure I've got the issue that was crashing a few of you (thanks TC for the key save that finally enabled me to reproduce it).

@SO, Joseph: if this runs ok with the threading at the default (4), please up it to 8 and see if it remains stable for you.

A few more fixes just pushed (5687):
  • Fixed free tech not being given if it is given in the turn of the autosave load
  • Fixed potential crash on game load
  • Fixed potential concurrency CTD

@SO - this does NOT fix your CTD on load in the save that does that, but I expect that's going to take a lot of pinning down (I'm trying to do so now), so this push is to get the other fixes out. In particular it addresses an issue that your Japan game CTD on end turn's minidump pointed out, so please see if this version helps that game run for you.

Personal note: My weekend was completely shot due to the 120 degree heat we had here.

Yuck. Yeah I have gone on Summer Vacations to the American Southwest (Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah) when it was hot like that. Over the weekend it was even hot near the coast where I live. Usually the Pacific Ocean breeze can keep it cooler here but it was just hot everywhere. However the weather forecast looks like it will be cooler than usual for the 4th of July, so that's good news. I wish you well in Vegas. Stay cool!

Updates

- New building list in city screen.
- Slaves now freed in cities you capture if you aren't running slavery. This means that captives and slavery should now be fully working. On to Human Sacrifice:D

@TB & Hydro (and probably Koshling) looks like you are having our kind of summer. Here it is still above freezing; most of the time! edit not so strange I suppose since where I am is only about 4 degrees closer to the equator than Los Angeles.

Updates

- New building list in city screen.
- Slaves now freed in cities you capture if you aren't running slavery. This means that captives and slavery should now be fully working. On to Human Sacrifice:D

@TB & Hydro (and probably Koshling) looks like you are having our kind of summer. Here it is still above freezing; most of the time! edit not so strange I suppose since where I am is only about 4 degrees closer to the equator than Los Angeles.

Was 107 Saturday, but it's down to 91 today, so it's passed us now.

Just pushed the final set of fixes for today (5689):
  • Added protection against units on invalid plots in saves
  • Fixed potential CTD brought to light by Bill2505's minidump

@SO - please see if this solves your crash-on-end-turn issue in the Japan game
@Bill2505 - please let me know if this fixes your crash

@Koshling,
SVN 5687 did not fix CTD for me at 4 setting. Save game and 2 Minis will be in Bug thread.

JosEPh

@Koshling,
SVN 5687 did not fix CTD for me at 4 setting. Save game and 2 Minis will be in Bug thread.

JosEPh

Could you try 5689 for me please. It also has a fix that might be your issue. Regardless, please keep up the dump and save posts. At some point a critical piece of evidence will emerge I'm sure.

New Mini dump for 5689 posted in Bug thread, same save game.

JosEPh

Update

- new Sea Hunter promotions. Fixes much of the confusion in the pedia on what is happening as well.
- bit of python code I forgot for the last captives update
- my updated art pack (FPK)​

SO this replaces many of the buttons by renaming the new ones to the correct name. As far as I can find the following are fine to remover from your C2C art pack from folder art/interface/buttons/promotions
  • newhunter1.dds
  • newhunter2.dds
  • newhunter3.dds
  • hunter_great.dds
This also tidies up the hunter line with the exception of your (Stone Age) event that gives Great Hunter (great_hinter.dds). Since it is only given from an event it should not appear in the promotion lines so, I think, you should get rid of both the prerequisite promotions and the list of unit classes it can be applied to.

Top Bottom