C2C SVN Changelog

Mhm, I'll need look into all the other mapscript, try to get a feel for the logic applied in them and expand it to cover the new terrains. Since I already know the world mapscript inside out I could quickly update it.
CvMapGeneratorUtil.py is supposed to be the bit that adds most terrains etc. for all map scripts. If you "fix" it there then it is done for most. Especially the classes like TerrainGenerator and FeatureGenerator.

• Permafrost will now be placed on all the "simple" mapscripts.
  • Rocky Cold Should now be placed by all the "simple" mapscripts.
  • All map bonuses that can be on tundra can now also be on permafrost.
  • XML cleanup. Reduced the size of Bonus_CIV4GameText.xml by almost 300 KB.
  • Reverted Tundra art back to the old textures. (per Hydro's request)
  • Added Rocky (Arid) and tweaked Rocky texture a bit. (terrains)
  • World mapscripts now use Rocky (Arid)
CvMapGeneratorUtil.py is supposed to be the bit that adds most terrains etc. for all map scripts. If you "fix" it there then it is done for most. Especially the classes like TerrainGenerator and FeatureGenerator.
That would fix it for the more generic/simple mapscripts, I would still have to at least look closer into C2C_Full_of_Resources_3_00, C2C_PerfectMongoose_v310, C2C_PerfectWorld2f and C2C_Planet_Generator_0_68.

Last edited:

- 29 new techs added, all in the Transhuman Era or later. I have no other new techs planned at this time.
- Renamed the bonus Animamaterials -> Claytronic Atoms
- Personal Starcraft bonus now revealed at Reactionless Drive instead of Endogenous Euclidean Propulsion.

You may want to update the Tech tree sheet first though. It acts as a liaison to players and modders such as me, to see how the Tech progression is going.

- 29 new techs added, all in the Transhuman Era or later. I have no other new techs planned at this time.
- Renamed the bonus Animamaterials -> Claytronic Atoms
- Personal Starcraft bonus now revealed at Reactionless Drive instead of Endogenous Euclidean Propulsion.

That reminds me of "Anima Spiritia" (Macross 7)

• Fix Spotted Cat myth - forgot to make it a pseudo national wonder

• Two new TAXONOMY Myth sets for old and new world monkeys

• Fix Procoptodon's remains building

• New Myth set for Kookaburra

• Correction for Marathon Game speed (work in progress for all GS)

• iTargetNumCities = The expected number of cities for each civilization, which determines how far apart the starting locations of the civilizations are spaced. Small incremental changes starting with Tiny to reflect C2C Reduced AI and larger map sizes. A bit more space between start locations.

I figured it was for the standard BtS maps like Archipelago and Pangea . But was hoping it would apply to some of the more "newer" maps as well.

I'm not familiar with that tag and as I'm at the movie theater for a free prescreening of 'gifted', I won't be able to clarify on that soon. Funny... I've never even heard of this movie...[offtopic]...sorry.

(Wow... good movie! REALLY good movie!)

Last edited:
  • iTargetNumCities = The expected number of cities for each civilization, which determines how far apart the starting locations of the civilizations are spaced. Small incremental changes starting with Tiny to reflect C2C Reduced AI and larger map sizes. A bit more space between start locations.
According to the DLL, this tag establishes the number of cities that count as the number of 'largest cities' when tags refer to that. So for example, when you have the tag in Civics or the one in traits giving +1 Happiness to the largest cities in the nation, this is the number that defines how many of those are given this benefit.

It looks like it does also do something with initial spacing on default map placement.

It looks like it does also do something with initial spacing on default map placement.
Since that is the Only file I adjusted the rest should Not be affected. But it's Good Info to have about this tag.

• 1st in series of Game speed updates to match the new Eras and new Tech Tree. This update for Eternity GS.

Top Bottom