C2C - Transhuman Era

It's already started to be used by states (FLAME etc.) - seems to me to be about as significant (potentailly) as bio-weapons or even nuclear weapons. It's an entire weapon category - lots of those are techs currently. As for whether it's undesirable - well maybe (that just measn it also enables crimes) - but so are nuclear weapons.

@MrAzure:

I just did some looking, and it turns out that some of your earlier TH techs are actually later on in the tree under a different name. Those are;

-Turing AI (Artificial Intelligence is later on)
-Dreadnaught Design (Warmachines later on)
-Replacement Organs (Regenerative Medicine)
-Orbital Militarization (Orbital Flight)
-Stratosphere Warfare (again, Orbital Flight)

These five can be deleted. In addition to These changes. Then I think, if we move X78 and 79 into the Modern Era, we'll have a pretty darn good Transhuman Era. :)

@IS612

After reading a page back, yea...

The ABM tech should go. It's more of a way to use a compilation of other techs rather than a tech of itself. If anything it would be best as a team project for anti-nuke protection which is already in the game thanks to me and the Advanced Nukes Mod.

As for Cyberwarfare... it's like the mafia - it's not a tech, it's undesirable and it be best left alone as the internet firewall that's already in the game.

Anti-Ballistic Missiles should be a tech, as we already have an SDI-type project (I think we still have it). Cyberwarfare is indeed fast becoming a tool of nation-states to attack one another with, and so is definitely a tech (or actually several techs over a long period of time).

No, but I still fairly strongly disagree wih this one.

It's impossible to please everyone! :gripe::joke:

In all seriousness though, I cut and merged techs based off of two primary goals, one being making each tech have a good amount of gameplay potential and two making very similar techs into one broader tech. Gesture Recognition is part of a broader effort to make computers more intuitive and 'smart', thus I feel it falls under Machine Learning.

Sorry, I cannot subscribe to this argument because it is basically saying 'no software-based advancement can be considered a technology' (because it's 'just' code).

That basically invalidates mot of the digital era as techs. It's like saying 'anything made of metal is just metal-working'. The HRADWARE that runs the code is what is not unqiue tech unless it is qualatively different from earlier hardware. So in your example Kinect is just an instantiation of the basic recognition tech (which is software).

I think a main focal point has been missed as I omitted it from that post.

There's several factors at work here AIAndy, and the one that I was getting at was that general human recognition is a trivial realtime bitmap outline configuration and at best would deserve such a trivialized title. Otherwise it would be too specific.

Human recognition programs are a byproduct of a larger technology that would suffice to say be achieved by the average joe - from scratch. Sure it may take weeks to years to make something similar, but it's still achievable. It's nothing more than a scenario of code that ties auxiliary input with elbow grease.

Now if you felt that a recognition tech should exist, it should be treated as a technology instead of an everyday product which MrAzure has done. My vote would to make a tech that ties in technologies without the products and leave the products to the corporations of the game.

My suggestions for replacement:
1. realtime bitmap analysis
2. computational bitmap analysis

While I'm at it, how about a new tech similar to multi-threading computers, but more intense.

Multi-frequency computations
Allows for multiple electric computer signals to travel through a single line of process that the sending / receiving computer can encode / decode and allow for multiple processes to take place in the same amount of space.

Discuss.

@ls612
Marine Architecture needs to stay since it involves the construction of floating cities. Perhaps it could be changed to "Marine Megastructures" instead.

OK, I was removing the Marine stuff until we had a more viable marine colonization system (underwater cities or such), which is why I bumped the thread. I can reinstate the marine techs if you want.

1. There are the techs Lunar Colonization, Lunar Tourism, Lunar Manufacturing, and Lunar Trade are all in the Galactic Era, which is outdated. The Lunar techs should be moved into the late Transhuman era (Cyber era), except for Lunar Megastructures, which requires Megastructure Engineering, a Galactic Tech. We should also flesh out the Martian development during the later TH era, although I don't know whether new techs are required for that. This is a rather major oversight, which I just noticed when I was reviewing MrAzure's Cyber Era stuff. All of the stuff involving exploration and light colonization of the Solar System should be in the Transhuman Era, as the Galactic Era will be more focused on interstellar and eventually galactic scale development.

What does everyone think about the above point?

OK, I was removing the Marine stuff until we had a more viable marine colonization system (underwater cities or such), which is why I bumped the thread. I can reinstate the marine techs if you want.

I am not sure how much of them we actually need. Some seem redundant and probably can be consolidated into one or two techs.

What does everyone think about the above point?

Agreed. I think just about everything related to Luna should be in the Transhuman Era, and that can probably apply to Mars as well, since the problems are similar (airless, rocky world) -- not absolutely the same, of course, but there will be a lot of carryover, so fewer techs for Mars.

@ls612
Marine Architecture needs to stay since it involves the construction of floating cities. Perhaps it could be changed to "Marine Megastructures" instead.

I think Marine Architecture is perfectly good as a name. What else could the name refer to?

@Civ Fuehrer
I think Cyberwarfare should stay as its own tech.

I agree. I think Cyberwarfare is a really good concept for a tech, but it may need some additional espionage missions created -- it seems to fit better with the espionage system than with the military system. We can do that down the road, though.

Perhaps cyber warfare would best be represented by spy missions that can be accomplished by never even having to physically travel to the opponent cities and risk capture.

Perhaps cyber warfare would best be represented by spy missions that can be accomplished by never even having to physically travel to the opponent cities and risk capture.

I was actually thinking of doing it through the Outcome System. A Hacker-type unit could perform certain Outcome missions on enemy cities within range (we can define a range on outcome stuff, yes?) which would apply crime and do other mean stuff, depending on what you have researched. Spies would remain a seperate line, and mostly focused on less-electronic measures of messing with the enemy.

I was actually thinking of doing it through the Outcome System. A Hacker-type unit could perform certain Outcome missions on enemy cities within range (we can define a range on outcome stuff, yes?) which would apply crime and do other mean stuff, depending on what you have researched. Spies would remain a seperate line, and mostly focused on less-electronic measures of messing with the enemy.
In cyber warfare, range would not matter. But it WOULD matter what the tech level of the opponent is. You couldn't perform it on an opponent that didn't have a fairly complex computer network.

I am not sure how much of them we actually need. Some seem redundant and probably can be consolidated into one or two techs.

They have almost nothing in common.

uNDER WATER TRAVEL
A transatlantic tunnel is a theoretical tunnel that would span the Atlantic Ocean between North America and Europe, and would carry mass transit of some type-trains are envisioned in most proposals. Using advanced technologies, speeds of 500 to 8,000 kilometres per hour (310 to 5,000 mph) are envisaged.[PARAGRAPH:2] Plans for such a tunnel have not progressed beyond the conceptual stage, and no one is actively pursuing such a project. Most conceptions of the tunnel envision it between the United States and the United Kingdom, or, more specifically, between New York City and London. The main barriers to constructing such a tunnel are cost-from $175 billion[2] to $12 trillion-and the limits of current materials science..[PARAGRAPH:2]Existing major tunnels, such as the Channel Tunnel and Seikan Tunnel, despite using less expensive technology than any yet proposed for the transatlantic tunnel, struggle financially..[PARAGRAPH:2]A transatlantic tunnel would be 88 times longer than the Gotthard Base Tunnel and 36 times longer than the Delaware Aqueduct. In 2003, the Discovery Channel's show Extreme Engineering aired a program entitled "Transatlantic Tunnel", which discussed the proposed tunnel concept in detail.

dEEP sEA wARFARE

Deep Sea Warfare is the militarazation from the ocean surface to lower limit of bathypelagic zone,(also called the midnight zone) of the ocean. The midnight zone extends from a depth of 1000 to 4000 metres, (3300 to 13000 feet; 2.4 miles/3.9 km) below the ocean surface, and unmanned naval vehicles that descend below the misnight zone towards the Abyssal Zone will be crushed by the water pressure.New classes of specilization UNVs (Unmanned Naval Vehicles) that resemble aquadic creatures patrol the ocean.Conditions in these areas act as a sound waveguide that enables low-frequency sound waves to travel for thousands of miles. Sensor UNVs (Unmanned Naval Vehicles), that essentially look upward through this acoustically silent environment to detect the low-frequency sounds of enemy submarines against a quiet background at long rang

Here are the Techinfos.xml, GameText.xml and Quotes.xml

Attachments

• Text.zip
    192.2 KB · Views: 49
I am getting to the point were I really don't care what future techs get in anymore. I have been worn out from arguing and discussing over the last 2 weeks. ls612, Vokarya and MrAzure you guys can figure it out. I would rather focus on other things.

Its just not fun anymore. :undecide:

Word.

You should head over to my next C2C idea and give input.

I am getting to the point were I really don't care what future techs get in anymore. I have been worn out from arguing and discussing over the last 2 weeks. ls612, Vokarya and MrAzure you guys can figure it out. I would rather focus on other things.

Its just not fun anymore. :undecide:

It tires me out too, especially when I am put down by others for my ideas and plans. But, I know that this is important for the mod, and while the process may be hard and tiring, the end result is more than worth it. Go do what you want to, Your opinion will be appreciated when you decide to come back.

Top Bottom