C3MT - Civ3MultiTool (Second CFC Thread)

What is your Windows version?

I have Windows XP and sorry for taking so long to respond. It has worked in the past (maybe a year or two ago) and the only thing that happened to my computer was a RAM upgrade and a reboot or two.

So has anyone got a Windows 7 Guide to getting this to work??
I get a STDOLE32.tlb error on Installation so I ran the installer in Windows XP (SP3) Compatibility and it went through fine...
I try to run the MultiTool and I also get the C3MT.dll is missing error

Surely someone has also had these problems?!?

I'm using Windows 7 myself, and it works for me sadly.

You could try to create a dword value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gramphos\C3MT\CheckForUpdates with value 0 and see if it gets any further, or if it still fails.

Do you get any session log file? On Windows XP, check the installation folder, and on Windows 7 check %AppData%\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\C3MT for files named s*.log)

Here we go again. I've not updated the installer, only the small file.

- Fixed a crash when exporting scenario with cities that had zero culture
- Added the possibility to view and edit governor settings for all cities. (I've not tested if the AI resets the preferences every turn, or if it actually is possible to change how the AI works in its cities.)
- Fixed a crash when recalculation the FOW and units were seeing over the edge of the map.
- Made it default to list dead players in the save game editor to reduce the risk of automatic reassignments of units to other nationalities.
- Changed so that units of a nationality not in a list don't get the nationality of the previously selecteted unit
- Fixed a few problems with filter functionality
- Fixed some problems with loading vanilla Civ3 files without embedded rules from before 1.21f, after installing 1.21f or later
- Improved handling of errors during version check
- The is now a sort functionalit in the Rules organizer which can be used to sort Units, Resources, Buildings and Technologies on properties.

c3mt-1.12.7.zip

I recommend that you upload it to the DB, Gramphos, uploads attached to posts tend to get lost. :)

Erm, is that the same version as this one, or an earlier version? Because I assume that Gramphos would've uploaded the exact same one in both places.

Erm, is that the same version as this one, or an earlier version? Because I assume that Gramphos would've uploaded the exact same one in both places.

ikr lol.

maybe that's a luckier version.

i also pressed "yes" a lot when the program said

"this version crashed before - do you want to look at the log file?"
"do you want to delete the log file"

after doing that - it worked.

of course i had to reinstall it like 5 times.

i also rebooted a lot and changed the installation path. the last time i used the original path recommended by the program.

ikr lol.
the last time i used the original path recommended by the program.
QFT. With any program there's a manual, a readme, on-screen instructions or any other documentation perusing them and following the included directions is always worth a try before assuming the problem is with the program itself.

QFT. With any program there's a manual, a readme, on-screen instructions or any other documentation perusing them and following the included directions is always worth a try before assuming the problem is with the program itself.

waste of time. sorry bro.

after messing around with it some more and completely ignoring any instructions, readme files, or manuals whatsoever, i discovered that the program is usable when reinstalled freshly into a NEW directory. once it has been installed you are able to use it. however it stops working after you closed the program and try to reopen it.

Still a crappy system.

If there exists a file logs.dat in the installed folder. Try to delete it and see if that makes it start again. (That's the only think I can think of that might go wrong on XP.) Other than that check the c3mt.log and s*.log files for any clues.

Golden rule of any appliance or computer software

"After everything you tried fails, read the manual"

Golden rule of any appliance or computer software

"After everything you tried fails, read the manual"

:lol: Well put.

Post error message(s).

I'm getting a DataIO operation System Error: WRLD error after using the Save Game Editor.

Any clues?

Can you please provide the original save you tried to edit as well as the modified file that resulted in the error. Also specify what version of Civ3 you are trying to load the save with. (Expansion + patch level). Most likely the save game editor outputs i nformation that is intended for a different save file version than you have. While I try to maintain compatibility with all patches I sometimes miss the exact version where the save file structure changes in a certain way, which could cause DataIO errors from Civ3 when trying to load a modified file.

Top Bottom