Can only whites be racists and is Africa no place for whites?

Can only whites be racists and oppressors? Are whites out of place in Africa?

• Only white people can be racists and opressors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not only white people can be racists and opressors

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Africa is no place for whites - they should all leave

• Africa is a place for its inhabitants regardless their skin colour

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • The structure of land and capital ownership should fit racial, ethnic, religious ratio of populace

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • The structure of land, capital ownership doesn't have to fit racial, ethnic, religious ratio

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • No action should be taken regarding the land ownership in South Africa

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • A non-state organisation should be established for buying land and distributing it among black popul

• The state should confiscate the land and distribute it among black people with full compensation

• The state should cofiscate the land and distribute it among black people with partial compensation

• The state should confiscate the land and distribute it among black people without compensations

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • The state should confiscate the land and make its ownership according to racial ratio - full compens

• The state should confiscate the land and distribute it according to the racial ratio - partial compe

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • The state should confiscate the land and distribute it according to the racial ratio - no compensati

• I like frogs.

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters
Did you actually just assign and/or dictate my socio-political beliefs and stance for me?

Yes, his future includes a secret underground lair

I just want to highlight again the ignorance level here

Wrong word, I meant black South Africans. The ANC doesn't really have to campaign or not be corrupt they automatically win elections.

No one wins elections fairly 25 years straight unless.

1. They're rigged
2. Functionally you have a mono political party.
3. People block vote along some sort of line.

ANC is corrupt but because they keep winning elections they don't have to reform.

People vote along tribal and ethnic lined in SA, in 25 years a black opposition party has yet to emerge.

I really hate to do this, because I agree with the core point you're making, but my inner stickler for accuracy demands it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inkatha_Freedom_Party
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Freedom_Fighters
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Christian_Democratic_Party
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congress_of_the_People_(South_African_political_party)

And several others. Again, sorry, but I have to correct all these errors, or my academic credential suffers.

I really hate to do this, because I agree with the core point you're making, but my inner stickler for accuracy demands it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inkatha_Freedom_Party
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Freedom_Fighters
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Christian_Democratic_Party
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congress_of_the_People_(South_African_political_party)

And several others. Again, sorry, but I have to correct all these errors, or my academic credential suffers.

Yeah I balls up. I expect you to nitpick all good;).

Perhaps but people here claim the GoP is corrupt but until they start losing they won't change.

Are they different than the Democrats in that way? The Duopoly as a whole has to go down as a political institution and a functional, healthy multi-party system (enabled by abolishing the Electoral College, State-level electoral law power that allows State Governments to suppress voters at the Federal level, and House of Representatives gerrymandering) before any true voter choice or real change or reform will happen. As the Weatherman Underground said on this very day 60 years ago, in fact, "the Elections don't mean sh*t."

"race is not a real thing but a social construct"

'We need to give all the land from the white people to the black people"

LOL can't have your cake and eat it, folks.

Nah, it actually makes perfect sense..."the white man invented race to make themselves superior, so now, they have to give everything back"

On the other hand ethnicity is a real thing and almost all the wealth and land in South Africa is held by the white ethnic minority (which votes on ethnic grounds, over 80% of Democratic Alliance voters are white South Africans).
Jacob Zuma was forced from power because of his corruption.
South Africa and the ANC are far from perfect but there are counties in Europe rated worse than it for corruption.

Wrong word, I meant black South Africans. The ANC doesn't really have to campaign or not be corrupt they automatically win elections.

No one wins elections fairly 25 years straight unless.

1. They're rigged
2. Functionally you have a mono political party.
3. People block vote along some sort of line.

The Liberal Democratic Party has governed in Japan for all but four years since 1955.

The conservative party in Alberta governed continuously between 1971 and 2015

Labor has governed in the Australian Capital Territory since 2000 or so. Tasmania had a Labor government between 1934 and 1969.

Hawaii has basically been all Democrats since the 50s, Massachusetts since the 60s.

The Bavarian CSU has been in power nearly continuously in Bavaria since 1958.

Iceland's Independence Party has governed all but one term since 1983.

Austria's People's Party has governed alone or in coalition since 1983, and also did so from 1945 to 1970.

Party dominance happens in democracies, and South Africa having a broad national front type party that secured a peaceful political revolution is pretty naturally gonna tend towards that.

On the other hand ethnicity is a real thing and almost all the wealth and land in South Africa is held by the white ethnic minority (which votes on ethnic grounds, over 80% of Democratic Alliance voters are white South Africans).
Jacob Zuma was forced from power because of his corruption.
South Africa and the ANC are far from perfect but there are counties in Europe rated worse than it for corruption.

Please quote for me a historical example where forced land redistribution to redress old injustices was actually a successful policy and not a catastrophe? My comprehensive and expansive knowledge of world history is having a hard time digging one up. And this question goes for @Senethro, @Gorbles, @Cloud_Strife, @Lexicus, and @MaryKB, as well.

The Liberal Democratic Party has governed in Japan for all but four years since 1955.

The conservative party in Alberta governed continuously between 1971 and 2015

Labor has governed in the Australian Capital Territory since 2000 or so.

Hawaii has basically been all Democrats since the 50s, Massachusetts since the 60s.

The Bavarian CSU has been in power nearly continuously in Bavaria since 1958.

Iceland's Independence Party has governed all but one term since 1983.

Austria's People's Party has governed alone or in coalition since 1983, and also did so from 1945 to 1970.

And don't forget Social Credit in Alberta between 1935 to 1971 before the PC's, including the tenure of Premier Earnest Manning, one of the five longest-serving "first ministers" in a responsible government in Commonwealth history, along with two Australian Premiers (one in Queensland and one in South Australia), Lee Kwan-yew in Singapore, and a Prime Minister of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean whose name eludes me at the moment.

The Queensland and South Australia ones were actually systems with rural malapportionment at a level to rival modern Venezuela, so not actually examples of normal fair electoral systems producing long term governments. On the other hand, Victoria had a 27-year stretch from 1955 to 1982, which I missed earlier.

Singapore is also certainly not an example of a fair electoral system.

Last edited:
Please quote for me a historical example where forced land redistribution to redress old injustices was actually a successful policy and not a catastrophe? My comprehensive and expansive knowledge of world history is having a hard time digging one up. And this question goes for @Senethro, @Gorbles, @Cloud_Strife, @Lexicus, and @MaryKB, as well.

Sure, if you go and find examples of popular revolutions where unequal land distribution was not a significant contributing factor.

Sure, if you go and find examples of popular revolutions where unequal land distribution was not a significant contributing factor.
How "popular" and how "significant" do you need it to be? The US might fit that description....

Top Bottom