Cats and Kittens

Not my cat but got attached feeding him as a stray lol. He is so friendly. Plan was for indoor cat until they move but he was outdoor kitteh being ex stray.

I do think he is liable to a bit of separation anxiety. I am his 100% human - no one else. I live with my parents and although they dote on him he is completely and utterly uninterested in them. Me on the other hand, when he wakes up he comes to get me to go downstairs with him, he doesnt like going down on his own. And when i was away for a few days on holiday and came back he almost meowed the house down in joy when he saw i had returned. And whenever he sees me outside in the garden or when i have been out for a run or whatever he is over the moon when i have returned.

I suspect that if i did that test they do on kids to see what kind of attachment a toddler has (but you can also do it on cats) my cat would be insecurely attached (ambivalent). So after i have left him alone in a strange room for 5 minutes and come back he would stay very close to me. Not do what a securely attached cat would do and once you are back go off and start to explore again.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/cats-attachment-styles-people

From what i have read you are supposed to try and get them to bond with other humans a bit more, so if im not around he wont get depressed. Not sure how that works though when he seems to only have eyes for me. Not that i terribly mind however. Im quite happy being his one and only human. Im just not entirely sure thats in his best interests.
Fun link! Thx.

20220114_170556.jpg

That is one totally relaxed cat. :love:

Mouse is ignoring more and more often. :cry:
Ignoring you, I take it?

Just ignoring, or actively hostile? Nose in the air, pretend-you-don't-exist, or hissing and clawing?

We've begun construction on the wall between my orchid garden and carport. It's really noisy. :hammer: I haven't seen any of the cats in two days. :run::run::run::run:
Since cats are averse to noise they don't make themselves, that doesn't surprise me. They're probably hiding, to protect their little eardrums and because all that noise would grate on their nerves.

Top Bottom