cats or dogs?

what are you? cat-person or dog-person? or a freak?

• cats!

Votes: 46 48.4%
  • dogs!

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • amphibians rule! (aka "other")

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters
I have a cat, I have nothing against dogs. Cats are less demanding and just as lazy as I am, so they fit my personality better :D

disclaimer: the German word Seehund ('sea dog', literally) is far superior to the English seal.

a sea dog:

a sea kitten (PETA):

Just for the contention: Cats are not trustworthy. You can't rely on a cat to do anything in particular, but you can rely on dogs for a lot of things.

Dogs are more loyal & in-your-face but I wouldn't consider their bond with their owners "superior". Dogs are like stupid, smelly but lovable drinking buddies, cats are like lovers, the bond with them more ethereal, changing (sometimes close, sometimes distant) & intimate (come on a cat curled up on your lap vs. a dog, no contest!).
I would consider the bond between true friends superior to the girl you screw around with.

I would consider the bond between true friends superior to the girl you screw around with.
I wasn't talking about true friends I was talking about drinking buddy type friends. A dog can't compare to a true friend (well unless you're a pretty sad case). And I suppose my analogy wasn't good for the audience here, many of whom have never experienced an intimate opposite sex relationship.

Just for the contention: Cats are not trustworthy. You can't rely on a cat to do anything in particular, but you can rely on dogs for a lot of things.
Neither are women but that doesn't stop them from being more lovable than... um, dogs (or men).

Neither are women but that doesn't stop them from being more lovable than... um, dogs (or men).

Women are more trustworthy than cats.

And I love my dog more than I love any person.

Women are more trustworthy than cats.
Depends on the woman & the cat. My cats are more trustworthy than my partner.

And I love my dog more than I love any person.
That's sad (IMO). Not a character judgment, BTW, just the situation. I love my cats but I'd put 'em both to sleep now so my dad could live even another month & I don't even much like my dad.

As a whole. And trustworthy might not be precisely the right word, reliable may be a better word. Or responsible. Or something.

That's sad (IMO). Not a character judgment, BTW, just the situation. I love my cats but I'd put 'em both to sleep now so my dad could live even another month & I don't even much like my dad.

Nah, I love people a whole hell of a lot. I don't think I would sacrifice someone's life for my dog's. I think a big part of it is that people can take care of themselves, but my dog needs me to take care of her. Maybe love ain't even the right word, maybe "fondness", I don't think I'm wording things great here. :crazyeye:

A woman's trust requires reciprocity, Narz.

A woman's trust requires reciprocity, Narz.
Yeah of course but women (particularly women who's suffered at the hands of men in the past) have trouble trusting even when they are not given reason to mistrust.

It sucks really, I blame the men (and often the mothers who reinforce negative stereotypes about men) but there's a point where it's up to the woman to let go. I suppose that's what maturity is, letting go of baggage & trying to see reality for what it is rather than thru the lens of past experience & prejudice.

Anywayz, cats rule (though dogs are cool)!

Yeah of course but women (particularly women who's suffered at the hands of men in the past) have trouble trusting even when they are not given reason to mistrust.

:huh: Not all of us. And as far as those that do, men have the same problem.

:huh: Not all of us. And as far as those that do, men have the same problem.
Oh I know. My mother had male issues & took them out on me thus I have trouble trusting women & detach from them very easily when provoked. It's a mad world.

Top Bottom