Caveman 2 Cosmos

How to check: make the changes to the .ini file. Save it. Exit the editor. Open it again and see if the changes are still there. If the changes are gone (without ever having run the game), then that is the problem. You can overcome this by moving the file to the desktop, editing it there, and then moving it back where it should be....

tried it, I can edit the ini without problems. and as far as i can see, the user profile is the only value, I can change autosave number and intervall, intro movie, mod folder, all with no problem. its only the user profile.

How does the game look for the profile? in the ini, there is no absolute path. is it possible, that v22 just looks in the wrong folder and when not finding anything, just overwrites the value with the default profile?

Can I somehow write an absolute path in the ini for the user Profile just to check this?

I can never seem to find the goody huts to add to a map. So many buildings hard to find. Am I looking in the right spot?

Just wanted to say this thread made me install C2C yesterday and I'm thoroughly hooked, so many, many thanks.

At the very dawn of my Zulu civilisation, a hunter of mine managed to subdue a hippopotamus deep into the uncharted wilderness but was then killed by a pack of lions. Said hippo immediately made a fortified position for himself on top of a hill, beat up and befriended an aardvark, then spent several years fighting off sabretooth tigers and pigeons till I could get someone to come and rescue them. Frankly, at that moment I was sold.

Source: Dangermouse @ RPG.net

Is the AI set to raze enemy cities or capture them?

JosEPh

Is the AI set to raze enemy cities or capture them?

JosEPh

There is a game option for 'AI always razes'. If that is not set the decision is dynamic. Off hand I'm not sure what the criteria it uses are.

Very good mod :goodjob: . Also there is great support here on the forums as my CTD got solved by the guys in less then 2 hours :eek: .
One thing I might comment on is the time speed. I don't seem to manage getting to the right eras in the correct time frame.
Without putting game speed : 1900 AD I am around medieval age and AI is somewhere just entering medieval.

With Snail speed : 1900 AD Still in classical period and some AI even just entering it.

What is the best game speed or what changes can I make so I can at least advance properly

Mention : on the first scenario (without selecting a speed) I did from start to 1900AD almost one tech per round and still wasn't enough. I went tech research all the way. On snail I wait for 14-24 turns at the beggining to research anything because of 1 town 1 pop until I advance food stuff.

Very good mod :goodjob: . Also there is great support here on the forums as my CTD got solved by the guys in less then 2 hours :eek: .
One thing I might comment on is the time speed. I don't seem to manage getting to the right eras in the correct time frame.
Without putting game speed : 1900 AD I am around medieval age and AI is somewhere just entering medieval.

With Snail speed : 1900 AD Still in classical period and some AI even just entering it.

What is the best game speed or what changes can I make so I can at least advance properly

Mention : on the first scenario (without selecting a speed) I did from start to 1900AD almost one tech per round and still wasn't enough. I went tech research all the way. On snail I wait for 14-24 turns at the beggining to research anything because of 1 town 1 pop until I advance food stuff.

Um, most of the feedback has been that the new Snail has been too fast, as opposed to too slow. What version are you playing?

Does having your leaders favorite civic/religion give you some sort of bonus or are favorites just used for AI interactions?

Um, most of the feedback has been that the new Snail has been too fast, as opposed to too slow. What version are you playing?

The latest one. I downloaded on 30th of March. I am not a pro player but I do know the game pretty well (been playing Civ since 2 back in the 90s ) . And I usually have around 12-15 cities at around 25 pop in medieval age.

@modders Hi guys,

FYI, I have reached the point where I can no longer play C2C due to the graphics load. This means I will not be able to test some things when I add new stuff.:(

My current work around to keep playing has been to remove all the new civilisations and all the culture units. BTW @ls612 when I removed your normal units folder I got a few XML errors. Don't know if you want to fix that.

I am going to have to work on a graphics lite version of C2C which will also mean a cut down version of the animals. Probably only having one or two art defines for all bears for example or maybe just reducing the number of animals in game like I suggested earlier.

Either that or I a going to have to upgrade my machine against the advice of my retailer who reckons my machine should be fine to run an old game like Civ IV.

@modders Hi guys,

FYI, I have reached the point where I can no longer play C2C due to the graphics load. This means I will not be able to test some things when I add new stuff.:(

My current work around to keep playing has been to remove all the new civilisations and all the culture units. BTW @ls612 when I removed your normal units folder I got a few XML errors. Don't know if you want to fix that.

I am going to have to work on a graphics lite version of C2C which will also mean a cut down version of the animals. Probably only having one or two art defines for all bears for example or maybe just reducing the number of animals in game like I suggested earlier.

Either that or I a going to have to upgrade my machine against the advice of my retailer who reckons my machine should be fine to run an old game like Civ IV.

Sorry if you've posted this before, but what are your comp specs?

Edit: The XML errors would be caused by the fact that the Riot Police unit in the Core upgrades to the Police Car unit, in my module. That would mean that removing my NormalUnits module will cause an XML error. Not certain if anything can be done about that though.

Windows XP SP3 (32bit), Intel Duo CPU @3GHz, /3Gb switch on, nvida GeForce 9600 GT

That seems very odd, my comp is Windows Vista SP2 (32bit), Intel Core Duo @1.86GHz with the 3Gig switch and crappy Intel Integrated graphics. On this old rig I can run C2C with low settings on Huge maps. So, my next question would be have you checked your graphics drivers to see that they are up to date?

Windows XP SP3 (32bit), Intel Duo CPU @3GHz, /3Gb switch on, nvida GeForce 9600 GT

I have exactly the same as you except I have an ATI Video Card.

Note that Giant maps crash my game and I have been able to play on large maps recently (before it was only standard maps).

I suspect your problem is with the video card. I forget which brand it was but one I had before was all wonky with my system even though it was a new card. Now my ATI video card works great despite having XP and and old CPU.

Only thing i can see, are the ones i marked in red, otherwise, very nice g card.

Top Bottom