Caveman 2 Cosmos

I am playing v21 of this mod and i like it.
At the start of the modern area one of my opponents almost has a cultural victory.
Could your make it more difficult to get a cultural victory ?
If i change the amounts in xml during the game , breaks this a save game ?

All the best !

Changing it in the XML should be fine.

It should not break the save game. The special C2C savegame format is very resilient. Even the load of additions and changes that happen daily on the SVN do not break it.

I am playing v21 of this mod and i like it.
At the start of the modern area one of my opponents almost has a cultural victory.
Could your make it more difficult to get a cultural victory ?
All the best !

Changing it in the XML should be fine.

It should not break the save game. The special C2C savegame format is very resilient. Even the load of additions and changes that happen daily on the SVN do not break it.

Yeah, i made the default to the Max Compatibility, so ALL autosaves should work, no matter what is changed, all you need to do is say "yes" when it asks about the modifier being changed, when the game starts.

btw Welcome to CFC, and trying the Great mod, C2C:)

I was thinking... how I would I get my own empire to collapse?

I was thinking... how I would I get my own empire to collapse?
Mostly high revolt risks. You can implement civics that increase revolt risk such as Anarchy or Bureaucracy. Check your Revolutions stats page and go to Specialization and it will show you the things affecting your revolt risks locally or nationally.
Other factors that affect revolt risks are things like having a large empire and doing poor financially. I think crime rates affect your local revolt risk. Also, having a revolt ongoing increases the risk of other cities revolting.
EDIT: Haha, just saw on the front page that 2K is making a prehistoric era for the Gods and Kings expansion for CiV. It's obviously inferior to ours, but it's a prehistoric era nonetheless.

What you don't think game designers dont look at popular mods to see what to make/add?
They've been stealing game ideas from modders for years, its like shopping...but since modders never have copywrites its free... so its more like stealing... :espionage:

What you don't think game designers dont look at popular mods to see what to make/add?
They've been stealing game ideas from modders for years, its like shopping...but since modders never have copywrites its free... so its more like stealing... :espionage:
Yeah, I do think that. But I think it's good that they "steal" the ideas, since mods are supposed to make a game better, however much I don't like CiV.
Though I doubt that this mod inspired the change. It's more likely that some bright spark in the creativity department decided that it would be a good idea to merge Ancient and Classical eras and make room for a prehistoric era which basically consists of making a foundation for your city and nothing else. I think our prehistoric era might be slightly better.

yeah, i do think that. But i think it's good that they "steal" the ideas, since mods are supposed to make a game better, however much i don't like civ.
Though i doubt that this mod inspired the change. It's more likely that some bright spark in the creativity department decided that it would be a good idea to merge ancient and classical eras and make room for a prehistoric era which basically consists of making a foundation for your city and nothing else. I think our prehistoric era might be slightly better.

. . . . . . .

What?
I was just saying that I don't like the version of prehistoric era that they put in CiV. I wasn't criticizing the work you did, I really enjoy the prehistoric era in this mod.

ahaha no offense, ok, its just a . . . . plain way of saying HUH, i told you so . . . . :) Besides its more than likely an April Fools joke, CFC does that every year, some truth, some not so much:p

ahaha no offense, ok, its just a . . . . plain way of saying HUH, i told you so . . . . :) Besides its more than likely an April Fools joke, CFC does that every year, some truth, some not so much:p
Oh cool, do you think it's a tip of the hat to this mod? That'd be nice.

That was a good joke. Made me almost think they they were noticing us on the account of the prehistoric era. Oh well at least the CFC took notice of us. ;)

I can say thats a definite "Yes." I am not supposed to say what an Admin or Moderator says, BUT:hatsoff:, in words as not to say exactly what they said then its ok, :mischief:Right now on CFC, Caveman 2 Cosmos subforum is probably the most active modding subforum we have, or words to that effect.;):mischief:

"Don't eat that?" Couldn't they just do herbalism or something? It is sounding like a (unfunny) joke.

Anyway, since they're adding limited stacks, espionage (instead of real diplomacy), and maybe make unhappiness affect the economy the game might end up playable.

I wonder if next year's April Fools joke will be a new expansion for CiV, "To the Stars", featuring the ability to toggle between four different maps to play on.:rolleyes:

Problem with settings made in game-options menu and "civilization.ini" file and second profile

###What happened:###
after installing v22 none of the game option settings (like screen resolution) could be saved.
all went back to default. (v21 all worked fine)

###What I've done###
I found post #4682 from God-Emperor where he describes how to use a second profile for c2c on default.

I followed the described procedure, looked through all the files and:
-found that all of the files (shortcut and ini) are already present
-created the profile "c2c"
-updated some paths to the ones used on my system

BUT
1. When I load a different "civilizationIV.ini", e.g. "civilizationIV_someothermod.ini" from a link it is working fine, the desired mod is loading with the desired user profile.

-->So the procedure from God-Emporer is working fine!!! (if you read this: Big Thanks!)

2. Whenever I do this with the c2c shortcut, the mod is loaded with default user profile with all values set back to default.
2.1 Then I go to the "civilizationIV_c2c.ini" the UserProfile setting is back to "= Default Profile" again...?
2.2 I change this to "c2c" again, I control the profiles folder, the c2c profile is there, in normal game I can choose it from drop down, all working fine, all paths in the shortcut correct...
2.3 trying to load the mod with the modified link again, it loads with default profile again, and in the "civilizationIV_c2c.ini" the UserProfile Value is somehow switched back to default again...

100%reproducable

###Question###
Why is the fresh installed v22 always switching back to default game-option values no matter what profile setting i had last time?
Why is the User Profile Value in the civilizationIV.ini ALWAYS overwritten and changed to default again when loading the mod with a modified civilizationIV.ini (with changed values for modfolder and user profile)?

The Profile Is there, the name is written correct in the ini...? I might be stupid, but i can read and write... at least I thought so :cry:

EDIT:
Attachment with screenshots where u can see the paths, the ini file before I start a game and the paths used in the shortcut.

Attachments

• CivilizationIV_c2c.txt
    6 KB · Views: 78
  • shortcut links.txt
    227 bytes · Views: 67
  • civini.JPG
    civini.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 118
Sorry, me again... after the starting problems (still not solved, everytime I start I have to change screen resolution) problems continued.

I'm grading down to v21 again...
-->v21 roughly 2000 turns with no ctd or maf
-->v22 (with updted gamecore.dll) 3ctd's and 4mafs this evening... about every 5 turns. not reproducable, sorry.

But hey: Your work still is just ...impressive, thanks very much!

Sorry, me again... after the starting problems (still not solved, everytime I start I have to change screen resolution) problems continued.

I'm wondering if you are running afoul of the dreaded UAC. The security Microsoft put in that likes to prevent you from modifying files in its default program folders...

How to check: make the changes to the .ini file. Save it. Exit the editor. Open it again and see if the changes are still there. If the changes are gone (without ever having run the game), then that is the problem. You can overcome this by moving the file to the desktop, editing it there, and then moving it back where it should be.

Other than that, I have no good ideas as to what the problem might be.

Top Bottom