1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. hajlektalan

hajlektalan Chieftain

@Koslhing I have v22 installed and the patch. there are v22.1 in download area. Should i need to download the new version as well?

2. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

No. Just keep an eye on the patch thread from time to time

3. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

It's a NULL reference inside Python.dll. Essentially that implies it's a Python bug (in the implemenation of Pythin itself, not in the Python code per se). It's probably triggered by something in our Python, though it should probably manifest as Python errors rather than CTDs were it not for the apparent interpretor bug.

Not much chance of us getting anywhere looking for this one I'm afraid, unless you can generate a 100% reproducible case, in which case we might be able to narrow it down by binary chopping.

4. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

I need OLIVES in my city vicinity to build Roman culture?!? I can't believe what I just saw. I must be misunderstanding this in some way.
    Why would you need olives for praets? :wallbash:

EDIT: I actually DO have olives by one of my cities. However I cannot build Roman culture even though I have built European culture (does it have something to do with building Minoan culture in the same city?).

5. Korvac

Korvac Chieftain

So I try and start a custom game and see no GEM map option. I know there are some GEM options in the scenarios but I wanted to choose all settings and civilizations for my own game and scenarios seem to have preset civilizations. How can I do this?

6. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Look at the near very bottom, alot of info in this post:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7175010&postcount=2

7. VineFynn

VineFynn High King of the Britons

(Since this is a rather broad offer, I decided against PMing, although PM me if you want the help)
    Anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys needed some Civilopedia work done for C2C. I'm free for 2 weeks so any research or imagineering is fine for me.

8. dima1980

dima1980 Chieftain

If this information helps - on SVN pre-22, I did not have any mistakes in 30-40 hours of play.

on 22.1 and pre-23 -
    error 0xC0000005 - Thread was an attempt to read or write data to a virtual address to which it does not have appropriate access.

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

The mini dump already tells me that much, and alos that it's happening inside the Python interpretor. That implies a bug in th Pythin interpretor. It's most likely in handling an error condition which we are indirectly creating, but without a reproducible case it's going to be almost impossible to track.

10. Mouthwash

11. CHUCK GARCIA

CHUCK GARCIA Chieftain

******* COMPLAINT ********
    The music???? What happened to the Baba Yetu remix????? I am devistated!!!!
    Could a kind soul please tell me how to lose the sythesized stuff they call music for the opening menu? I would greatly appreciate it, Thanks

12. west india man

west india man Immortal

Turn it off, and play your own music.

13. AIAndy

AIAndy Chieftain

Add any music you want played as menu music to Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Sounds\soundtrack\Title .
    If you want to remove some, check that it is not the currently played one. Start the game just to the menu and then go out again. All but the one played at that time you can remove without problem.

If you want some music to be played during the game in specific ages you can add them to the respective New folder in Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Sounds\soundtrack\.

14. Mouthwash

Lol. His question gets answered immediately? :thumbsdown:

15. Epona222

Epona222 Chieftain

I am not on the C2C team but I had a look at your save game and can tell you immediately what the issue is - 1) you need to research fermentation. 2) you need to build an olive orchard improvement on that tile and a route connecting it to the city, currently it has no orchard and no road/path.

Resources without the required tech to use them, and without the appropriate improvement + a road/path do not count towards anything, they're just sitting unused in the wilderness. You need to have your workers actually make use of them by building relevant improvement and connecting them to a trade route, and have researched any prerequisite techs, before you can use them for cultures or any other dependent building.

Hope that helps!

16. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Chieftain

His was pretty straight forward. Yours, not so much. Although I would like to point out for the music critic that there is more than one song that plays at the menu - they cycle somehow (it seems to get stuck, so I wonder if the next song is chosen when you exit so I don't usually get it doing that since I frequently "exit" via a MAF), and there are at least 4 songs that it can play: Smashmouth's Walking on the Sun, Istanbul (Not Constantinople) performed by someone or other (it was written in the early 1950s and has been recorded by lots of people - this one could be They Might Be Giants, I suppose; it definitely is not Bing Crosby & Ella Fitzgerald), Secret Agent Man possibly sung by Johnny Rivers back in the 60's (also recorded by a bunch of people), and Civilization WITH LYRICS by Brentalfloss (sort of a parody of Baba Yetu about the game). There may be more that I have not yet heard it play...

Here is a question for you: you have olives in a city's BFC I assume. But do you actually have olives? As in, the right improvement built on it and connected to the city via a road, and on the city screen it actually shows you as having the olive resource? It doesn't exactly say so, but it seems to me that you do apparently actually need to have the resource itself as well as having the plot it is on in the BFC of the city.

Oops: ninjad by Epona222 while writing this (I probably shouldn't have looked up the songs).

17. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

ahahaha, you guys and gals, crack me up:lol:

18. Epona222

Epona222 Chieftain

Ah but the songs are good! Is that the Johnny Rivers original of Secret Agent Man? It sounds like it might be, but it may also be a particularly true to the original cover version. And which version of Istanbul (Constantinople) is that? They've both been covered so many times, my husband is quite into music of the last few decades and doesn't think that the Istanbul song is the TMBG version.

These are important questions that need to be answered for our peace of mind! :D

19. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Istanbul (Not Constantinople) is the TMBG version. However I almost used the original version. I should add another song to the SVN to gives some more variety. I was waiting for the freeze to be over to do it.

Civilization WITH LYRICS by Brentalfloss was picked to be funny and parody the civ song. It was the main song for a long time. Walking on the Sun and Secret Agent Man were picked by strategyonly and I think were in the mod before it was called C2C (Prehistoric NWA). And Istanbul (Not Constantinople) was put in because it was both fun and history related.

20. Sheila2

Sheila2 Chieftain

I am playing v21 of this mod and i like it.
    At the start of the modern area one of my opponents almost has a cultural victory.
    Could your make it more difficult to get a cultural victory ?
    If i change the amounts in xml during the game , breaks this a save game ?

All the best !