1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. grekaus

grekaus Chieftain

Hey. There was a problem with the stability of the mod version 40 - 40.1, namely: the game crashes without error to the desktop (not immediately, after a time, mainly after the battle, when you select the next stack). There is also a visual bug when not all units are highlighted when forming the stack of units (shows that all are selected, but there is no selection around the unit icon). Windows 10 system, not Steam version. I tried to load a save game on a laptop where Windows 7, the game crashes in all the same.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Confirm the problem with an SVN version and we'll see if there's more to resolve or if it already has been.

3. grekaus

grekaus Chieftain

Can I download the save game, or do I need to start new game?

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Probably breaks saves. But we really cannot debug anything that's not on current assets.

5. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

If he's on V40.1 then his saves aren't compatible with latest SVN.

6. tmv

tmv Emperor

You could still get a bit more recent without breaking saves. 40.1 is SVN revision 11115, but saves are only broken at 11132.

You can follow https://github.com/caveman2cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos/wiki/Using-SVN but in step 3, don't choose HEAD revision, but revision 11131. That way, you get about a month of additional bugfixing (Feb 11 - Mar 8). If that doesn't solve the problem, it would need a more recent revision number or a new bugfixing, which would mean the save is lost. But it is certainly worth a try.

Thunderbrd likes this.
  7. GreatLordofPie

GreatLordofPie Warlord

Just updated to the newest SVN version to check out the new worldbuilder and wow... This is an absolute gamechanger for scenario makers

Thunderbrd likes this.
  8. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Please report any issues you may experience with it at "https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/platy-world-builder-beta-testing.657623/"
    I just punched platy's world builder mod into C2C in 3-4 work-hours without really testing it, so there's probably some specific adaptation to C2C I missed as well as some general polishing needed.

9. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Hi, I'm playing on the latest official build (Feb 2020), what are the optimal settings to play this mod on? What map is best to pick? I love the breadth of the game, but I'm unsure of how to play it.

10. VCrakeV

VCrakeV Prince

Technically not up to date; a lot of bugs have been fixed since then, and some features added (like seasonal camps and fishing camps, which are basically for finding more resources) in the SVN version.

That said, C2C_World is perhaps the most up to date. Try standard or large map... check the player guide on this forum for more details on how you might want to set up your game.

11. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

Any news about any upcoming updates?

12. rfcfanatic

rfcfanatic Mercantilist

Hello,

I see that the UI has changed quite a lot (I have the most recent version 40.1) and it looks good, but I'm having an issue. I don't know how to select a production in multiple cities in Domestic Advisor screen. In the past, holding down CTRL or SHIFT, clicking cities and then clicking on the building or unit - it worked, just like in vanilla BTS or in other mods, but no longer. How to do it in the new UI? I would find it really useful. Micro-managing 10 or more cities is too painful.

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You can group select cities from their city bar selections on the map view. Shift select a city bar to add (or remove) a city to or from the list. CTRL select on a city, I think selects all on the continent and ALT select is all cities everywhere, or the opposite - can't recall. You are then working with all city queues but the first city in that list can define what is and what is not available to add to the queue if I'm not mistaken. But if a new tech is researched, and say forges is opened up as a result, and you want it everywhere you can build it and you want it to be built first wherever it can be built, then you can select all cities then ctrl select the forge to put it at the front of the queue wherever possible. You could also shift select it to add it to the end of the queue wherever possible.

As a result of this functionality, I never used the domestic advisor myself anyhow because I don't recall what city is what by the name but more by its location on the map. @Toffer90 has been our UI master and I know he plans to eventually work on the domestic advisor further at some point.

Toffer90 and MattCA like this.
  14. Prscyse

Prscyse Chieftain

I'm using the last version from the SVN, and the WorldBuilder doesn't seem to save the cities population anymore. Is this on porpuse?
    Before update After update

When I start a new custom scenario game all cities start on population 0.

15. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

A bug, I'll look into it.

16. Shovelization

Shovelization Chieftain

Howdy there partners!
    Sorry if I came to the wrong place but, I'm trying to host a Pitboss game of C2C with a friend of mine and when the application should show the lobby it simply crashes.
    This is a sad time as I'd like to enjoy this mod with him very much.
    Other mods work fine.
    Any help would be muy appreciated.

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Not sure anyone has attempted any debugging on Pitboss. You should try the IP connection multiplayer but take a look at the Multiplayer bugs and crashes thread at the beginning of it for some advice on that.

Shovelization likes this.
  18. arthas125

arthas125 Chieftain

60 GB? my SVN instalation is only 10 GB... is 60 the size that the mod is gonna be in future versions or is there something optional im missing to download?

19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That's how much we've shaved it down since that statement was made.

lobosan likes this.
  20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Note: I'm sure someone will update the SVN soon as I've not yet sorted that out (last time I asked how Rax just did it for me and I really don't have the patience to try to figure it out right now). Once that happens,

IF YOU HAVE A GAME IN PROGRESS, RECALCULATE IT! SHIFT+CTRL+T

This will FIX a LOT of problems that any game that's been going past the Prehistoric era would be encountering and you wouldn't basically know it.